ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Reconsideration of Naturalisation Application - HELP!!

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sweetpea712
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Reconsideration of Naturalisation Application - HELP!!

Post by sweetpea712 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:57 pm

Hi All,

I applied for naturalisation last year and received a refusal in Feb 2017 on the basis of failing to tick the good character box. This was because of a recurring topic in my file - the infamous TOEIC exam which I took in 2010 and used it for one of my applications in 2011. During my application of ILR (which took over a year), I was called for an interview and I was asked details about my test and the questions in the test etc. Once I satisfied my interviewer that it was me who indeed took the test, I received my ILR within 15 days post-interview. I thought that the whole TOEIC question was behind me but I was hugely mistaken.

I applied for naturalisation in September 2016 and received refusal in Feb 2017 on the basis of deception (HO claimed that they believe I used a proxy for my TOEIC test in 2010, despite the fact that they interviewed me and were satisfied with my responses and granted me ILR). I applied for reconsideration in July 2017 and hired a barrister to help me write my reconsideration application. After almost 5 months, my barrister received a letter from HO today. It says that my application is currently being reviewed and they have asked me to fill in a passport application form (where there is no need for counter signatory and no fees payable) and also submit 2 recent passport-sized photographs.

I am wondering whether this is any indication of positive news or is this just another step in the process? Has anyone who has been through reconsideration process received such letter where HO asks you to fill in passport application form?

Any help will be hugely appreciated!

Have a great weekend!

IcikePicike
Hungary

Re: Reconsideration of Naturalisation Application - HELP!!

Post by IcikePicike » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:54 am

I think probably just a next step. HO don't show encouragement, they don't go out of their way to help you. They are not designed that way.

ija8051

Post by ija8051 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:26 pm

Did you send pictures and passport form and what is out put or still waiting please update if you get any response thanks

malikuk
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by malikuk » Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:19 pm

HI sweetpea712

I think they might reconsider application but doesn't make any sense to fill in passport application form.

did you use NSC or applied directly ?

also its depend what family member you have in the UK and what there status etc
e..g British Kids or spouse etc

Alam7861
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Alam7861 » Mon Dec 25, 2017 3:45 pm

Hope for positive result as you said that UKVI interviewed you for TOICE and they awarded you ILR these grounds your barrister should have taken to reconsideration of your nationality application so UKVI are reviewing your application and wrote you to send pictures for passport . if your application reopens and approved so they have to complete you passport request as well
As you wrote looks you have strong grounds for reconsidration of you application
Please update any further information you have or Ukvi asked in future
Normally in reconsidration UKVI do not ask for such thing just they review applications and 95% rejects on the same grounds which they refused earlier in decisions

sweetpea712
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by sweetpea712 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:33 pm

ija8051 wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:26 pm
Did you send pictures and passport form and what is out put or still waiting please update if you get any response thanks
I have sent the photos and filled in the British Passport application. I also received letter to pay the passport application fee. Furthermore, I have been receiving text messages on the status of my Passport application. I haven't received any further communication on whether my reconsideration application has been approved or rejected. But I am hopeful that it is likely to be a positive outcome.

sweetpea712
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by sweetpea712 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:34 pm

malikuk wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:19 pm
HI sweetpea712

I think they might reconsider application but doesn't make any sense to fill in passport application form.

I did use NSC for the application. Since my reconsideration application, I have married my British girlfriend and my barrister did notify the HO of this change.

sweetpea712
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by sweetpea712 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:36 pm

Alam7861 wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2017 3:45 pm
Hope for positive result as you said that UKVI interviewed you for TOICE and they awarded you ILR these grounds your barrister should have taken to reconsideration of your nationality application so UKVI are reviewing your application and wrote you to send pictures for passport . if your application reopens and approved so they have to complete you passport request as well
As you wrote looks you have strong grounds for reconsidration of you application
Normally in reconsidration UKVI do not ask for such thing just they review applications and 95% rejects on the same grounds which they refused earlier in decisions
I have sent the photos and filled in the British Passport application. I also received letter to pay the passport application fee. Furthermore, I have been receiving text messages on the status of my Passport application (which didnot happen the first time around when I applied). I haven't received any further communication on whether my reconsideration application has been approved or rejected. But I am hopeful that it is likely to be a positive outcome.

ija8051

Post by ija8051 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:54 pm

thanks for updating
Please can you tell did you paid your passport fee when and as you said HO wrote you that no fee is payable for your application for passport as you paid earlier when you first submitted your application with your nationality by NCS
Also what sms HM passport office are sending you thanks again and waiting for reply

Alam7861
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Alam7861 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:07 pm

sweetpea712 wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:36 pm
Alam7861 wrote:
I have sent the photos and filled in the British Passport application. I also received letter to pay the passport application fee. Furthermore, I have been receiving text messages on the status of my Passport application (which didnot happen the first time around when I applied). I haven't received any further communication on whether my reconsideration application has been approved or rejected. But I am hopeful that it is likely to be a positive outcome.
Hopefully things going right
My question is why you paid fee if you was invited by Home office that there is no need to pay fee
As I believe and above said by ija805 said you paid already to HM passport office fee on 2016 by JCAP
Please do not mind just asking info so can understand better , Thanks again waiting for updates as you receive response from Ukvi

king123
Newly Registered

Post by king123 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:42 pm

hello
recieved the reply , whats the correct team , if anyone knows

Thank you for the email.

I can confirm that your reconsideration application is with the correct team.

All reconsideration applications are taken in date order but we are unable to give you a time frame on the application being completed.

Regards[/color]

sweetpea712
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by sweetpea712 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:49 pm

Alam7861 wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:07 pm
sweetpea712 wrote:
Alam7861 wrote:
Hopefully things going right
My question is why you paid fee if you was invited by Home office that there is no need to pay fee
As I believe and above said by ija805 said you paid already to HM passport office fee on 2016 by JCAP
Please do not mind just asking info so can understand better , Thanks again waiting for updates as you receive response from Ukvi
Although the letter stated no fees were required, after clarifying it with the passport people I was told that it was likely for the naturalization application. The reason being that £80 were refunded back to me when the first application was unsuccessful so it makes sense I have to pay that fee again.

sweetpea712
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by sweetpea712 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:52 pm

ija8051 wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:54 pm
thanks for updating
Please can you tell did you paid your passport fee when and as you said HO wrote you that no fee is payable for your application for passport as you paid earlier when you first submitted your application with your nationality by NCS
Also what sms HM passport office are sending you thanks again and waiting for reply
Although the letter stated no fees were required, after clarifying it with the passport people I was told that it was likely for the naturalization application. The reason being that £80 were refunded back to me when the first application was unsuccessful so it makes sense I have to pay that fee again. I received 2 text messages saying that my application is under process and that if there is any further information required then they will get in touch with me after 11th Jan.

ija8051

Post by ija8051 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:23 pm

Thanks for your replay
£80 refund was for your ceremony money which UKVI have to refund in case of your application refused because you don't need to attend that. You must check that passport fee was £72.50 which was taken separately from the nationality fee which was £1236
Now ukvi will ask you for ceremony fee if your application approved which is £80
All department try to take money if they can especially if your application remained longer, you should have disputed with letter you received from ukvi where it states that no fee and counter signatory required. now you paid just Waite for outcome please update as soon you receive thanks again.

Alam7861
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Alam7861 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:21 am

Thanks for your reply
Today is 11th hopefully HM Passport office will ypdate you for outcome.please update this Thanks in advance Good luck

king123
Newly Registered

Post by king123 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:47 pm

hello

Thank you for the email.

All reconsideration applications are taken in date order but we are unable to give you a time frame on the application being completed.

any comments about the emails or experiences ??????????

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:15 pm

king123 wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:47 pm
hello

Thank you for the email.

any comments about the emails or experiences ??????????
Correct team = 'the reconsideration team' :idea: :idea:
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ija8051

Post by ija8051 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:22 pm

sweetpea712 wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:34 pm
malikuk wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:19 pm
HI sweetpea712

I did use NSC for the application. Since my reconsideration application, I have married my British girlfriend and my barrister did notify the HO of this change.
Hay any update regarding your reconsideration please update here thanks

king123
Newly Registered

Post by king123 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:16 pm

reconsideration was successful after 12 months in total ...thanks god

sweetpea712
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by sweetpea712 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:23 pm

Hi All,

I got a letter today confirming that my reconsideration application was successful and that I should now book a citizenship ceremony.

Goodluck to all of you! There is some hope after all :)

ija8051

Post by ija8051 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:24 pm

Congratulation for both king123 and sweatpea 712 as your applications had been successful in reconsideration enjoy your success and pray for others
question for sweatpea712 is that what is date on your latter if you can upodate i am waiting for same mine and yours time same when they invited us for passport form and fee thanks

ija8051

Post by ija8051 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:59 pm

ija8051 wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:24 pm
Congratulation for both king123 and sweatpea 712 as your applications had been successful in reconsideration enjoy your success and pray for others
question for sweatpea712 is that what is date on your latter if you can upodate i am waiting for same mine and yours time same when they invited us for passport form and fee thanks
if you can update dates when you sent passport form and when you paid fee please thanks

silverchloride
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by silverchloride » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:58 am

sweetpea712 wrote:
Alam7861 wrote:
Hi - can I check, what sort of text messages were you getting about your passport application? I thought the passport process only starts once you have attended a citizenship ceremony?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:34 am

silverchloride wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:58 am
sweetpea712 wrote:
Alam7861 wrote:
Hi - can I check, what sort of text messages were you getting about your passport application? I thought the passport process only starts once you have attended a citizenship ceremony?
They are standard automated texts, i.e. application received, processing etc etc. Don't mean anything until ceremony is attended.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sweetpea712
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by sweetpea712 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:23 pm

ija8051 wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:59 pm
ija8051 wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:24 pm
if you can update dates when you sent passport form and when you paid fee please thanks
I sent back the filled up passport form mid-December last year. The date on the approval letter is 31st Jan 2018. Hope this is useful.