ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Permanent Residence Card Refused

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Abdihakim
Newly Registered

Permanent Residence Card Refused

Post by Abdihakim » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:28 am

Hi everyone,
I need advice please I’m now on appeal process and my appeal hearing is in April.
I’m non EE family member of my brother. My application for Permanent residence has refused twice of same reasons.

I think the reason of refuses is all about me and my EEA response are leaving a different address.
First one year we been leaving same address after I moved to another address in same location the reason I moved to another place is because my EEA response house isn’t enough space as he has wife and 6 children. And I’m now 23 years old

Refused reason:

1: Evidence of the relationship between you and the EEA national .

2: Evidence that You have been dependent upon the EEA National or have been member of EEA national’s household throughout the relevant 5 year period.

That the reasons they refused my application for permanent residence. I send all my documents also my EEA response documents and passport.

Please reply with the advice many thanks

Obie
Ireland

Re: Permanent Residence Card Refused

Post by Obie » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:36 pm

You have to show you were dependent or a member of the same household of your brother, from the time you get the residence card to the time when you claimed to have acquired Permanent REsidence.

If you are living somewhere else, you need to show you are dependent on him.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:50 pm

Obie wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:36 pm
You have to show you were dependent or a member of the same household of your brother, from the time you get the residence card to the time when you claimed to have acquired Permanent REsidence.

OP works and lives elsewhere, dependency might be difficult to prove for the full 5 years.

eea-route-applications/permanent-reside ... l#p1534807
Abdihakim wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:50 am
Abdihakim wrote: ↑Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:27 pm
Application for non-EE Family member. Also my EEA family member become British citizen now.

Send application 16/05/2017
Received home office 17/05/2017
Money taken 18/05/2017
Biometric enrolled 07/07/2017 latter data 04/07/2017
Certificate of application with right to work 22/07/2017
Waiting decision Last update 04/07/17
Decided update 06/09/17
It's saying I should receive my decision with in next 10 working days.
I hope it will be good news!
All process takes me 3 months and 3 weeks!!
Thank you all .

Bad news for me 😢😢
I received a refusal later today and the reason is my response is my brother and he's EEA and I'm none EEA nationality the reason they refuse is last 5 years I'm not independent with my sponsor and we don't live together that's the only reason they refusing my application AI don't know what to do now I was working last 5 years and student and me and my sponsor we can't live together as my sponsor is married and got 6 childrens and he's house is 3 bedrooms it's to small for them but I also included my application my sponsor ID and his last 5 years proof work bills everything.
Please is there anyone who can give me best advice what to do now. I really need help the Home office they only give me 14 days to appeal to the decision or make new application. Please give me your best advice.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:07 pm

interesting.

Thanks for the info.

Abdihakim
Newly Registered

Post by Abdihakim » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:59 am

Obie wrote:

I find my bank statements in the last 5 years money that I received from my EEA response but it’s not every Months I also ordered my phone bills include my calling list and received calls in the last 5 years to show how we contact everyday.

Do you think that’ll be enough to accept please?

Rumplestiltskin
Wales

Post by Rumplestiltskin » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:09 am

Abdihakim wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:59 am
Obie wrote:

I find my bank statements in the last 5 years money that I received from my EEA response but it’s not every Months I also ordered my phone bills include my calling list and received calls in the last 5 years to show how we contact everyday.

Do you think that’ll be enough to accept please?

You need a Solicitor or Lawyer ! Maybe they can make some thing up to get you another EEA 2 residence card instead of PR.

* you could have been doing dishes & cleaning house & baby sitting brother's kids ! N stayed there slept on floor for 5 years ! Now ?
Surfshark VPN

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:31 am

Rumplestiltskin wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:09 am
You need a Solicitor or Lawyer ! Maybe they can make some thing up to get you another EEA 2 residence card instead of PR.
It is not appropriate to offer advice about 'making some thing up',suggesting lying to HO or making false representations.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Rumplestiltskin
Wales

Post by Rumplestiltskin » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:17 am

CR001 wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:31 am
Rumplestiltskin wrote:

suggesting lying to HO or making false representations.
no offence CR001 but THESE ARE YOUR WORDS NOT MINE !

take " Make something up" IN A POSITIVE WAY NOT NEGATIVE ! Make something up i.e put evidence he has together n create strong case NOT " lying to HO or making false representations" as you suggested !

( caps are emphasis only ! Be positive ! Not negative & aggressive ! )
Surfshark VPN

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:21 am

Rumplestiltskin wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:17 am
CR001 wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:31 am
Rumplestiltskin wrote:

suggesting lying to HO or making false representations.
no offence CR001 but THESE ARE YOUR WORDS NOT MINE !

take " Make something up" IN A POSITIVE WAY NOT NEGATIVE ! Make something up i.e put evidence he has together n create strong case NOT " lying to HO or making false representations" as you suggested !

( caps are emphasis only ! Be positive ! Not negative & aggressive ! )
Members who are desparate for a solution will misconstrue and misinterpret what you have stated. Please think careful how you phrase what you post. 'Make something up' means to 'fabricate or manufacture' something that is not necessarily true.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:12 am

It is possible for a person to work and still depend on relatives for maintenance.

I could envisage a person at university doing part time work, but receiving monthly support from parents or elder siblings with food, assistance with books etc, notwithstanding the person may still be getting student loan.

It may be the person was saving cash to buy a new car or to support an overseas trip or placement as part of his course, and at the same time using his family support to meet essential needs.

Provided of course their is no clear evidence of abuse and the person needs the support of the other person for genuine reasons, they will be classified as dependents.

It will all depend on OP's circumstances, which unfortunately none of us know in detail. The only person that knows is OP and to a lesser or greater extent, the Home Office.