ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Previous applications question

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

samz98

Can I apply for naturalization now???

Post by samz98 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:49 pm

Hi All,

I need to ask if I can apply for naturalization or is it necessary I wait one year? Last month I got ILR on the basis of long residency and my husband just become British citizen . Can I apply for naturalization straight away or is there any qualifying period? Please guide..Thanks in advance .

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Can I apply for naturalization now???

Post by bruteforce » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:01 pm

If your spouse is British citizen & you meet all the requirements of Citizenship then you do not have to wait 12 months. You can apply anytime.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Can I apply for naturalization now???

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:02 pm

Can I apply for naturalization straight away or is there any qualifying period?
Yes, provided you meet all the requirements to apply as spouse of BC based on 3 years residence.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

samz98

Online application submission

Post by samz98 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:33 pm

Hi All,

I am filling application online but stuck at few questions if you kindly advise:
1:what is tax office reference number I couldn't find on my payslip
2: what is naturalization certificate reference number of spouse. As there are total three number on form one is certificate number, one is reference number and the other one is at the bottom of certificate starting with alphabet and then numbers?
3: one of my previous job I don't remember exact starting date and month can I write approximate?
4: are you enclosing BRP card? Yes or no. As I am applying through council return service where they will copy and send docs. So shall I say yes or no?

Thanks in advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Online application submission

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:37 pm

1. It is on your P60 or ask your HR.

2. Certificate Number

3. Should be ok.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

samz98

Post by samz98 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:40 pm

Thnku so much for reply and the last question about BRP can u advise on that plz.?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:45 pm

I understand you tick yes as the council will make copies of it and submit the copies.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

samz98

Previous applications question

Post by samz98 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:25 pm

I have confusion in the following question while filling app online:

Have you made any previous immigration applications in the U.K. Or abroad?
Di I need to provide details of all previous applications made over the last 10 years with exact dates?

Please advise
Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Previous applications question

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:37 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)

gaffarn
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by gaffarn » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:07 am

samz98 wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:25 pm

Di I need to provide details of all previous applications made over the last 10 years with exact dates?

Please advise
Thanks
They mean applications for naturalisation so if you've applied before for the same citizenship. Not every single visa application you've made to homeoffice.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:21 am

gaffarn wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:07 am
samz98 wrote:

Please advise
Thanks
They mean applications for naturalisation so if you've applied before for the same citizenship. Not every single visa application you've made to homeoffice.
They meant any previous immigration applications in the U.K. or abroad, not applications for naturalisation! This includes every single entry clearance or further leave to remain applications for the UK, as well as for other countries, within the last 10 years.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

gaffarn
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by gaffarn » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:25 am

vinny wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:21 am
gaffarn wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:07 am
samz98 wrote:

Please advise
Thanks
They meant any previous immigration applications in the U.K. or abroad, not applications for naturalisation!
I didn't declare all previous applications made to homeoffice, because I thought they meant only naturalisation applications to them. I got my naturalisation approval last week despite not providing these details.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:31 am

They asked the question. But they may also realise that it may be difficult for applicants to have detailed and complete records or perfect recall over the preceding ten year period.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

gaffarn
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by gaffarn » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:36 am

What are they checking? That you overstay without a visa for any of your immigration past? That's part of their investigation of good character. So maybe they want to know all previous application to them vinny?

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:34 am

You are probably right.

samz98

Post by samz98 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:09 am

So I tick yes and provide all application detail which is really complicated for me as I don't remember application dates and biometric dates.? What do you guys suggest ? This question is only in online application and not in paper one strange.

samz98

Post by samz98 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:17 am

And if I ticked no would it be any problem? I am seriously thinking of applying paper base due to this question only? And can someone plz let me know what is the processing time difference in paper base or online application which is quickest?

gaffarn
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by gaffarn » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:32 am

@sams Like I said I ticked no, because I took it to mean previous naturalisation applications but if its visa applications like vinny is saying then its a hard question to answer, because the visa stickers/stamps in my passport show sometimes visa expiry some months before the next visa was issued, its not that I was an overstayer I applied in good time before even the previous visa expired its just that they took long to give me the new visa. So if they are asking the date I applied, I don't know the date, over 10 years I can't remember. I'm sure everyone won't remember but we are all applying and getting naturalisation.

So I think you should also click no. Then in that place at the end they give you to explain, I don't know if online is the same but the paper version they give you a page to explain anything else pertaining to your application. Tell them there why you answered like that.

solo247
Newly Registered

Post by solo247 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:39 pm

Hi, Can anyone please advise if you can provide only details for what you remember. or you have to try and locate all application details. I have seen many people have applied through online application. If they can share information it will be great.