ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

There is no family name in our family

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Zacuk
Newly Registered

There is no family name in our family

Post by Zacuk » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:34 pm

Hi

Came across the question of family name while filling out the UK Naturalisation form.

People in our family have unique names and do not share a family name. How should I answer the question about the name:

Should I enter my full name under BOTH "All given names" AND "Enter your name(s)", or just enter the full name under "Enter your name(s)" and leave the other two fields blank (i.e., All given names & Family name fields blank).

Thanks

secret.simon

Re: There is no family name in our family

Post by secret.simon » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:06 pm

Mononymous persons are very uncommon nowadays, what with the proliferation of identity documentation that are standardised towards having more than one name. You are one of a rare breed.

You may want to have a look at and follow the HMPO policy on issue of UK passports to people with one name (See Section 9).
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.