ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Absence letter from current employer

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tshubha54
Newly Registered
India

Absence letter from current employer

Post by tshubha54 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:09 pm

Hi,

I am new to this forum. Thanks to all of you for sharing valuable information and helping each other.
I will be applying for ILR soon in Tier 2 general.
My question is that I was on annual holidays for 25 days and my employer is not ready to give me a letter for that. It was not work related but my annual paid leaves. That's the only absence in whole year. What should I do?

Thankyou so much!

CMOSUK
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Absence letter from current employer

Post by CMOSUK » Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:24 pm

tshubha54 wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:09 pm
Hi,

I am new to this forum. Thanks to all of you for sharing valuable information and helping each other.
My question is that I was on annual holidays for 25 days and my employer is not ready to give me a letter for that. It was not work related but my annual paid leaves. That's the only absence in whole year. What should I do?

Thankyou so much!
If that is the only absence of the year, then try to ask your HR as per your contract how many paid leave you are allowed in writing, and if you have itenary to correspond with it.

I know your employer is not willing to give that info, but if you where maybe to do a SAR request as I'm sure they will have a record of it against your name how many holidays you have taken.
These are my 'views' and 'opinions'.
If in doubt always seek professional advice, or at least do a search for the relevant information. :P

If i make any mistakes, You are more than welcome to correct me.

tshubha54
Newly Registered
India

Post by tshubha54 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:31 pm

CMOSUK wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:24 pm
tshubha54 wrote:
Hi,

Thankyou so much!
If that is the only absence of the year, then try to ask your HR as per your contract how many paid leave you are allowed in writing, and if you have itenary to correspond with it.

I know your employer is not willing to give that info, but if you where maybe to do a SAR request as I'm sure they will have a record of it against your name how many holidays you have taken.
Thanks for replying!
Those number of leaves per year are also mentioned in employment offer letter. Will that work?
I also have screenshots of leaves applied and approval, also holiday tickets booked by myself/itenary. I can also provide bank statements and payslips to prove that i was paid full salary for those days. Will employer letter still be needed?

tshubha54
Newly Registered
India

Post by tshubha54 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:50 pm

CMOSUK wrote:
tshubha54 wrote:
Hi,

Thankyou so much!

Please Can you explain what is SAR request?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:04 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CMOSUK
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by CMOSUK » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:56 pm

tshubha54 wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:31 pm
CMOSUK wrote:
tshubha54 wrote:
Hi,

Thankyou so much!

Thanks for replying!
Those number of leaves per year are also mentioned in employment offer letter. Will that work?
I also have screenshots of leaves applied and approval, also holiday tickets booked by myself/itenary. I can also provide bank statements and payslips to prove that i was paid full salary for those days. Will employer letter still be needed?
I would preferably use a contract as I believe that has more substance as it is binding between you and the employer.

But I suppose it could be used, again if you where to do a subject access request, curtesy of CR001 for providing more info and links on it, thanks, you should be specific in what information you are seeking from your employer.

It is very unlikely your employer won't have a record of it as most will for the purposes of tax returns and they should be able to provide you with it if requested.

Again as long as that information is held against your name, you are entitled to request it from them under the data protection act 1998. If for some reason they do not have that data, maybe ask them to confirm your employment and how many paid annual leave your are contracted for along with corresponding itenary.

Again this is my suggested method, i hope it is an acceptable method to show the case worker you have had annual leave as confirmed as per the company contract and with corresponding itenary to prove this all.
These are my 'views' and 'opinions'.
If in doubt always seek professional advice, or at least do a search for the relevant information. :P

If i make any mistakes, You are more than welcome to correct me.