ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Extension - Incomplete Job Title

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mlrl
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Tier 2 Extension - Incomplete Job Title

Post by mlrl » Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:17 pm

Hi,

After I have submitted my online application, I have realised that I have declared an incomplete job title. My Employer provided a COS stating the job title "Paediatric Intensive Care Nurse" although the job type is "2231 Nurses - Band 5 and equivalent" I have only provided "Staff Nurse" but my actual role is Paediatric Intensive Care Staff Nurse. I am on the shortage occupation list and my SOC Code and occupation category only states "Nurses" on the list as per below:

Immigration Rules Appendix J: codes of practice for skilled work Table 2:

2231 Nurses

Related job titles:
• District nurse
• Health visitor
• Mental health practitioner
• Nurse • Practice nurse
• Psychiatric nurse
• Staff nurse
• Student nurse

Do I need to be more specific with my Job Title? If so, do I need to provide a cover letter or do I just correct it on the printed form and sign?

Please advise!

Thanking you all in advance!

UKLL
Member of Standing
Malaysia

Re: Tier 2 Extension - Incomplete Job Title

Post by UKLL » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:57 pm

mlrl wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:17 pm
Hi,

After I have submitted my online application, I have realised that I have declared an incomplete job title. My Employer provided a COS stating the job title "Paediatric Intensive Care Nurse" although the job type is "2231 Nurses - Band 5 and equivalent" I have only provided "Staff Nurse" but my actual role is Paediatric Intensive Care Staff Nurse. I am on the shortage occupation list and my SOC Code and occupation category only states "Nurses" on the list as per below:

Immigration Rules Appendix J: codes of practice for skilled work Table 2:

2231 Nurses

Related job titles:
• District nurse
• Health visitor
• Mental health practitioner
• Nurse • Practice nurse
• Psychiatric nurse
• Staff nurse
• Student nurse

Do I need to be more specific with my Job Title? If so, do I need to provide a cover letter or do I just correct it on the printed form and sign?

Please advise!

Thanking you all in advance!
I don't get your question. I don't think you need to put on what you are in your application ? All information is on the CoS?

saliame
Pakistan

Post by saliame » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:49 pm

Hi,

Primary source is COS, but you can write the complete title in front of "Nurse" when you print by pen.

KR,

S

mlrl
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by mlrl » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:59 pm

Hi all,

Sorry if my question was unclear.

So basically on the application, I have put “Job Title: Staff Nurse” instead of following the COS “Job Title: Paediatric Intensive Care Nurse” Does it really matter? I mean, it falls under one SOC code: 2231 Nurses.

So I think the best thing to do is correct it manually, sign it and provide a cover letter explaining the honest mistake?

Thanks for all your reply!
-mlrl

UKLL
Member of Standing
Malaysia

Post by UKLL » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:10 pm

mlrl wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:59 pm
Hi all,

Sorry if my question was unclear.

So basically on the application, I have put “Job Title: Staff Nurse” instead of following the COS “Job Title: Paediatric Intensive Care Nurse” Does it really matter? I mean, it falls under one SOC code: 2231 Nurses.

So I think the best thing to do is correct it manually, sign it and provide a cover letter explaining the honest mistake?

Thanks for all your reply!
-mlrl
I actually don't think it matters as the most important thing is not the title but the SOC, and you have not changed your SOC either. A cover letter wouldn't harm, tho

mlrl
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by mlrl » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:15 pm

Hi UKLL,

Thank you it’s just I’m used to be called as a “staff Nurse” instead of the mouthful “Paediatric Intensive Care Nurse”. It’s just I don’t want the case worker to get confused with two different job title mentioned on COS and actual application form. It’s an extension as well so they have my history from previous application that my position remained unchanged as per COS. But like you said, the primary source is the COS.

Thank you for taking some time to answer my question.

-mlrl

UKLL
Member of Standing
Malaysia

Post by UKLL » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:22 pm

mlrl wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:15 pm
Hi UKLL,

Thank you it’s just I’m used to be called as a “staff Nurse” instead of the mouthful “Paediatric Intensive Care Nurse”. It’s just I don’t want the case worker to get confused with two different job title mentioned on COS and actual application form. It’s an extension as well so they have my history from previous application that my position remained unchanged as per COS. But like you said, the primary source is the COS.

Thank you for taking some time to answer my question.

-mlrl
Fingers crossed you will be fine

mlrl
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by mlrl » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:05 pm

Hi all!

Tier 2 extension approved. I did not make any cover letter or any correction on the application form. The application process took 45mins. My next application would be ILR in June this year. =)

Thank you
mlrl