ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Letter of good conduct from pakistani embassy

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Brit Chick

Letter of good conduct from pakistani embassy

Post by Brit Chick » Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:45 pm

Can anyone point me in the right direction as to how I can get one of these please?

My husband requires a letter of good conduct from his embassy for employment purposes and we are having a hard time in getting this....it took me around two weeks to finally get someone to answer the phone at the Pakistani embassy in london and when I did eventually get through the person I spoke to had no clue what a letter of good conduct was and hung up on me :evil:

Any advice would be most welcome as we're on a deadline for providing this letter. Thanks in advance.

gollywood
Member of Standing

Post by gollywood » Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:17 pm

Sorry I cant help, but even getting them to pick up the phone is an achievement for these imbeciles!

They seem to operate exactly as they would 'back home'.

9am - start the day. HAve tea.

9.30 - sleep

10.30 - late breakfast

11.00 - shuffle around a few files

12.00 - close the office for lunch

1pm - pop into town

2pm - tea break

3pm - go home

Brit Chick

Post by Brit Chick » Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:37 pm

^ :lol:

Although that's probably a hard days work for them - they close at 12.30!

Anyway, hopefully someone will have some info soon. It looks like most other embassies know what a good conduct letter is, why not the pak embassy?

thirdwave
Member of Standing

Post by thirdwave » Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:19 pm

Brit Chick wrote:^ :lol:

Although that's probably a hard days work for them - they close at 12.30!

Anyway, hopefully someone will have some info soon. It looks like most other embassies know what a good conduct letter is, why not the pak embassy?
Interesting..I`ve never heard of such a letter..I certainly wasn`t asked for one when I was first employed(my nationality was Indian). Is your husband being employed in a role that needs security clearance or something? I`m not sure such a requirement is even legal. An enhanced CRB check should suffice in most cases..

khan85

Post by khan85 » Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:00 pm

hmmm may be they mighht mean a chracter reference???
u can get this from a managers just a few paragraphs saying the type of person u are etc etc..

Alishah

Post by Alishah » Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:44 am

Humm, I too seem to agree with Khan and thirdwave, but would like to elobrate further.

If your husband is from Pakistan (just moved to UK) then they may be after his police clearance certificate from his home town police department. In this embassy will not do any help, this kind of information is required by the coutries those are giving immigration visas and Canadian visa application is not complete unless police clearance or cherector certificate is attached.

I think this may be required but why it is required? for any job this kind of requirement is not essential in uk once you have properly established the living and work status.

Bye

Brit Chick

Post by Brit Chick » Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:31 am

Thanks for your replies guys, he does have to have a CRB check as well but they say that any candidates who have resided in the UK for less than 5 years must also provide a letter of good conduct.

I have been informed that a police clearance certificate from his home town will also suffice, although given how much hassle it is to get anything done in pak is, this may be difficult to get hold of. Is it just a case of sending someone to his old local police dept and asking them for this clearance certificate? Will they need anything else?

jazbaati99

Post by jazbaati99 » Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:14 am

Life would be simpler if that was the case :) The last I checked the police clearence procedure in Lahore (which is a good five years ago) You need to go to the central court (zila kachehry) and fill a form. That form will be send to the police station where you live. Once when they receive the form back from the police station they will issue a police clearance certificate.

Now I am sure there are ways to speed up the process ;)

t_kaay

Post by t_kaay » Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:23 pm

whereabouts in pakistan is he from?

Brit Chick

Post by Brit Chick » Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:00 pm

I sincerely hope that it isn't as long winded as that jazbaati, we need the letter within the next month.

t_kaay - he's from nowshera, so i suppose he needs to get the letter from the peshawar police.

t_kaay

Post by t_kaay » Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:46 am

i would agree with jazbaati that the letter you need can be obtained from the local police. ask one of your husbands relatives to visit the police station and get one issued. i'm sure you are aware that as with everything in pakistan, if he takes someone with him who knows someone in power there, it works wonders and the letter can be issued within days if not hours. its all about who you know when it comes to pakistani offices. forget the high commissions in england, waste of space in my opinion.

Brit Chick

Post by Brit Chick » Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:04 pm

Thanks for the replies guys. Have just realised that my of hubbys uncles is something big in the Peshawar police force so we'll get him touch with him after the weekend, hopefully he can get us the certificate pretty soon.

If it wasn't for these forums I'd still be waiting for the dimwits at the pak embassy to answer the frigging phone :twisted:

t_kaay

Post by t_kaay » Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:20 pm

ha ha, you will soon come to realise every one in pakistan has someone who knows someone who knows someone in power....thats how things get done there!!!!

khan85

Post by khan85 » Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:18 pm

lolzz go PAKISTAN!

brit cgick u pathab by any chance :P

Alishah

Just us

Post by Alishah » Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:44 pm

It is not difficult if you knew big one or you are bigshot, it is done. or it is just waste of 500RS. you are done!
its bad but cant escape out of it! Know you are at rite tracke. best of luck.

myimmigrationboards

Post by myimmigrationboards » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:01 am

Pakistan: Criminal Record Certificates or Certificates of Good Behaviour can be
obtained from the Pakistan High Commission in London who will forward any application
to the relevant authorities in Pakistan. Contact the Pakistan High Commission 35-36
Lowndes Square, London SW1X 9JN (02076649200) for further help and information. Email
informationdivision@highcommission-uk.gov.pk

http://www.ambition24hours.co.uk/pdfs/P ... nd_EEA.pdf