ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP holder- Getting Married. Dependant under HSMP / Tier 1?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hari15
Member of Standing

HSMP holder- Getting Married. Dependant under HSMP / Tier 1?

Post by hari15 » Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:40 am

Hi,
I am a HSMP holder working in UK for past 3 years

I am getting married in India by May.

Which form do I need to use to apply for my Wife's dependant Visa? It seems now rules been changed. Will my wife will come under Tier-1 Dependant category or HSMP dependant category?

Because Tier-1 Dependant Fee is Rs. 48000

where as HSMP Dependant Fee is only Rs. 16000

I am confused on under which category my wife will come

HSMP_2007

Post by HSMP_2007 » Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:54 pm

Recently I have got extension under new tier1 system and planning to apply the visa for dependencies...

I have sent couple of mails VFS help desk and they are saying 16k !!!

Other doubt is, we need to use VAF2 or tier 1 forms?

:cry:

web2005

Post by web2005 » Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:00 pm

I will also be applying for my wife's dependent visa in July 2008. I am currently on HSMP visa for 3 years. Any idea if dependent can apply under HSP dependent category or has it to be Tier 1?

hari15
Member of Standing

Post by hari15 » Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:15 am

HSMP_2007 wrote:Recently I have got extension under new tier1 system and planning to apply the visa for dependencies...

I have sent couple of mails VFS help desk and they are saying 16k !!!

Other doubt is, we need to use VAF2 or tier 1 forms?

Hi Thanks for your reply. Have you got that mail before / after April1.

Because before April 1 new rules are not imposed in India

Only on April1 new rules comes into force

You can try again mailing them now freshly, I have done the same

Does any other HSMP holders from India get married shortly and facing this confusion?

Thanks

HSMP_2007

Post by HSMP_2007 » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:08 am

hi hari15,

Mail which i have recevied from VFS help desk just two days back.

Do you know the chennai VFS office address & contact number details ?

:lol:

ash123

Re: HSMP holder- Getting Married. Dependant under HSMP / Tie

Post by ash123 » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:21 am

hari15 wrote:Hi,

Which form do I need to use to apply for my Wife's dependant Visa? It seems now rules been changed. Will my wife will come under Tier-1 Dependant category or HSMP dependant category?

well logically speaking, if you are on hsmp then your spouse cannot be 'tier1 dependant' :)

best is to get it clarified from BHC. just drop in a mail. they respond in a day or two.
Applying for Tier 1 Dependant visa for baby

hari15
Member of Standing

Post by hari15 » Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:12 am

ash123 wrote:

well logically speaking, if you are on hsmp then your spouse cannot be 'tier1 dependant' :)

best is to get it clarified from BHC. just drop in a mail. they respond in a day or two.
Hi Ash,
in your signature you told dependant Visa is refused.

can I please know on what ground they refuse it? also it seems the result came after long time

I was dreaming to get dependant visa to my wife in 1 week. Seeing the experience of you people it seems to be almst impossible

can you pls explain your case thanks

hari15
Member of Standing

Post by hari15 » Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:18 am

ash123 wrote:

I just saw from your previous possts that you failed to provide proof for husband job

Do we need to get any explicit letter from employer, or just submitting P60 tax returns, salary slips and bank statement would suffice?

I have the letter from employer which I have used for HSMP extension before 3 months can I use it? or do I again need to get a fresh letter from employer

your response will help me a lot
thanks

herts
Member of Standing

Post by herts » Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:34 am

Even Rs. 16k is quite a huge amount. i remember paying something about 7k 1.5 years ago for my wife. HO is gone crazy charging huge fees.

hari15
Member of Standing

Post by hari15 » Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:53 am

herts wrote:Even Rs. 16k is quite a huge amount. i remember paying something about 7k 1.5 years ago for my wife. HO is gone crazy charging huge fees.
Yes they found that Visa fees is one of the gold mine to mint.

And how much ever they icreaase that Visa applications not going to reduce, hence they thought to take advantage of that

I think after the income tax & VAT this Visa fee is the major source of income to UK govt

But Charging Rs.48000 for Tier-1 Dependant is too much . Its almost 700 pounds.

ash123

Post by ash123 » Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:06 pm

hari15 wrote:
ash123 wrote:

I just saw from your previous possts that you failed to provide proof for husband job

Do we need to get any explicit letter from employer, or just submitting P60 tax returns, salary slips and bank statement would suffice?

I have the letter from employer which I have used for HSMP extension before 3 months can I use it? or do I again need to get a fresh letter from employer

thanks
I think your salary slips of 6 months, letter from employer ( i think latest may be safe)..

it took me around 26 days to get the reply! I think 1 week is quite a short duration! Which BHC are you applying to anyways ? I applied to chennai..which has a huge number of applicants...

hari15
Member of Standing

Post by hari15 » Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:23 pm

ash123 wrote:
hari15 wrote:
ash123 wrote:

thanks
I think your salary slips of 6 months, letter from employer ( i think latest may be safe)..

it took me around 26 days to get the reply! I think 1 week is quite a short duration! Which BHC are you applying to anyways ? I applied to chennai..which has a huge number of applicants...
Hi Ash,
Many thanks for your kind response. One more small query. My home in India is in Chennai. When I apply I dont want to opt for Courier Dispatch and I want collect it personally because I believe that Courier dispatch may cause another 1 or 2 days delay. If I am collecting personally, how will I know that my wiife's visa is ready? will they mail / call me? or will it be updated in net? Which is faster one courier dispatch / personal collection?.

Many thanks

HSMP_2007

Post by HSMP_2007 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:09 am

Any updates on my queries...
Chennai VFS office address & Contact number details?
Other doubt is, we need to use VAF2 or tier 1 form for dependencies?

HSMP_2007

Post by HSMP_2007 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:28 am

I found the addres... is it correct ? but i don't see any contact number and not sure how to get the appointment ?

Symphony Palace, Door No 744/450 Poonamallee High Road, Kilpauk, Chennai 600 010.

but still confusion with forms ?

Please help.. ?

hari15
Member of Standing

Post by hari15 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:23 pm

Today I got reply from vfs that fee is still Rs.16000 and form is VAF2

Is there is any Urgent treatment facility in hsmp dependant visa with icreased Visa fee?

hari15
Member of Standing

Post by hari15 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:26 pm

HSMP_2007 wrote:I found the addres... is it correct ? but i don't see any contact number and not sure how to get the appointment ?

Symphony Palace, Door No 744/450 Poonamallee High Road, Kilpauk, Chennai 600 010.

but still confusion with forms ?

Please help.. ?

Address is correct

Form is VAF2

For Chennai BHC You need to get appointment by mailing to appointmentsouth@vfs-uk-in.com

Check this site for more info
http://www.vfs-uk-in.com/schedule.aspx

kumar1981

Post by kumar1981 » Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:57 am

Contact number for VFS is: 080 40084008. There are several posts saying that if you have HSMP approval letter, you can still apply for EC using VAF2 and pay 16400 INR at the VFS. The same should apply to dependent under HSMP. I'm not very sure of this.

However, if you are applying for dependant Visa separately, then Visa fee for dependant under Tier 1 is 395 GBP. The application form must be sent directly to the HO in UK. Hence you can only phone them and kinow the status. No other way.

If the dependant application is made along with the main applicant, then it is totally free. i.e., only 750 GBP for both main and dependants.

Ash,

Will you be using Tier1 dependant form or VAF2 for applying dependant visa.

Kumar

HSMP_2007

Post by HSMP_2007 » Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:47 am

Hari wrote
Address is correct
Form is VAF2
For Chennai BHC You need to get appointment by mailing to appointmentsouth@vfs-uk-in.com
Check this site for more info
http://www.vfs-uk-in.com/schedule.aspx
Thanks Hari, but VAF2 is common for all ..i mean hsmp & tier1. ?
Kumar wrote :
However, if you are applying for dependant Visa separately, then Visa fee for dependant under Tier 1 is 395 GBP.
The application form must be sent directly to the HO in UK. Hence you can only phone them and kinow the status. No other way
Recently i got hsmp extension for 3 years using tier1 system and i need to do the EC for my family. i am confused with your statment ??

kumar1981

Post by kumar1981 » Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:03 pm

Please read this:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... ngintheuk/

There are two different fees for Tier 1:

£350 if you submit a valid HSMP approval letter with your application (this is because you have already paid for the approval letter); and
£750 for all other applicants.
Any dependant applications sent with your form are free of charge. We will not consider dependant applications sent separately or later without an extra fee of £395.

HSMP_2007

Post by HSMP_2007 » Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:22 pm

Thanks Kumar,

What about application form ? still can i use VAF2 form ? or ?

:lol:

ash123

Post by ash123 » Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:31 pm

hari15 wrote:Today I got reply from vfs that fee is still Rs.16000 and form is VAF2

Is there is any Urgent treatment facility in hsmp dependant visa with icreased Visa fee?
Hey thanks hari! Then i should use VAF2 form itself! Paying the extra fee seems to be such a burden.. especially when re-applying :-( but thankfully it's the old fee!!

Kumar, i think hari has answered the question. I'll be applying using VAF2 as hsmp dependant.

ash123

Post by ash123 » Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:32 pm

kumar1981 wrote:Please read this:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... ngintheuk/

There are two different fees for Tier 1:

£350 if you submit a valid HSMP approval letter with your application (this is because you have already paid for the approval letter); and
£750 for all other applicants.
Any dependant applications sent with your form are free of charge. We will not consider dependant applications sent separately or later without an extra fee of £395.
But that is if you are applying within UK! atleast I am applying from India!

ash123

Post by ash123 » Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:33 pm

hari15 wrote:
ash123 wrote:
hari15 wrote:
ash123 wrote:

thanks

Hi Ash,
Many thanks for your kind response. One more small query. My home in India is in Chennai. When I apply I dont want to opt for Courier Dispatch and I want collect it personally because I believe that Courier dispatch may cause another 1 or 2 days delay. If I am collecting personally, how will I know that my wiife's visa is ready? will they mail / call me? or will it be updated in net? Which is faster one courier dispatch / personal collection?.

Many thanks
your online status will change. based on that you can collect the same.

kumar1981

Post by kumar1981 » Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:40 pm

You are right.

BIA site says:
£200 if you submit a valid HSMP approval letter with your application (this is because you have already paid for the approval letter)

Any dependant applications accompanying your application form cost the same fee as your application. If your dependants are applying under the transitional arrangements and you have an HSMP approval letter, your dependants must show the a copy of the HSMP approval letter when making their application to confirm that they are entitled to the transitional fee.

vinay shanthi
Member of Standing

Post by vinay shanthi » Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:40 pm

hi hari

dont bet on the 1w time for getting dependent visa for wife to be.

i was recently in bangalore in feb o8. someone i know in similar situation like u, went to blore vfs office and enquired. they have told they need minimum of 12 working days to process application for new dependent.

also another point to note since your are going to get married in may. please read up on vfs india website for requirements etc. see the section regarding biometric requiremnts. there they clearly say persons with mehndi henna etc colouring hands will not be accepted for biometrics needed for visa. they say u have to wait till mehndi fades. also they say cuts etc not allowed as well. so getting visa immediately after wedding is not a feasible option as in almost all indian weddings (not all) mehndi is an integral part of the wedding.

check out the vfs india website and their new national helpline numbers