ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PSC missed appointments

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

PariJ
United Kingdom

Urgent - FLRM Extension (appointment tomorrow) 12 Feb

Post by PariJ » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:25 am

Hi ,

I am due for extension of my spouse visa (5 years route- after initial 2.5 years) which expires 05th March, the premium appointment for visa application is booked for tomorrow at Croydon (12th Feb)

Due to my negligence i didnt realise we should get NARIC certificate in addition to the original degree taught in English (which i submitted for the entry clearance) for meeting English language requirements

It will take at least 24hrs to get ELA from NARIC and i cannot find any appointments for next 45 days to reschedule my premium appointment.

It is acceptable to proceed with appointment and submit the ELA later through post ?or it is advisable to cancel the appointment and apply the extension via post with ELA

Please advise if any suggestions or similar experiences

-Thanks
Pari

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Urgent - FLRM Extension (appointment tomorrow) 12 Feb

Post by seagul » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:42 pm

Since you have plenty of times so ideally cancel the appointment and sort out that important piece of document to avoid any risk. Also keep checking future premium appointment dates day & night and if you can't get then simply apply by post.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Urgent - FLRM Extension (appointment tomorrow) 12 Feb

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:45 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

PariJ
United Kingdom

PSC missed appointments

Post by PariJ » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:19 pm

Any experiences in recent time getting refund for visa fee ( application fee + IHS surcharge) for missed PSC appointment .

The information on website says that no refund will be given ? Wondering if any one had similar experiences

Thank you

PariJ
United Kingdom

Re: PSC missed appointments

Post by PariJ » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:42 pm

Thank you CR001 and Seagul.

yes i have decided to apply by post (although i missed to cancel the appointment) after getting ELA which i believe going to take some time .

PariJ
United Kingdom

Re: PSC missed appointments

Post by PariJ » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:28 am

I understand for the postal application the "date of application" is the date when we post the application, this is in the context of 28 day validity rule for Financial requirements related documents.

My latest pay slip(category A) is dated 25/01 and i should post the application by 21/02 ?

Can you please advise

Thank you