ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Courier to Sheffield

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

katobb969
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Visa timing

Post by katobb969 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:04 pm

Hi all,

Got a few little questions which I would much appreciate any advice from you people much more experienced than me!

I am a british citizen currently living in england, my husband is Turkish currently living in Turkey. We are working towards applying for entry clearance for him in April this year. He has a current 6m visitor visa to the UK which expires on 18th April 2018 - am I right in thinking that we can apply for his leave to enter as soon as the 19th April? He will be back in Turkey on 28th February and will not enter the UK again before his visit visa expires.

I'm also looking for a little bit of guidance on what sort of things are checked during the accommodation report which I currently have book for March. For example, I have a plug socket above the cooker (bizarre i know) which has been there for as long as we have lived here (2004ish) - is this the kind of thing that I will need to move to a safer place before the inspection or are they looking for alot more simple things than that?

Thanks in advance for any help/advice given!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Visa timing

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:18 pm

am I right in thinking that we can apply for his leave to enter as soon as the 19th April? He will be back in Turkey on 28th February and will not enter the UK again before his visit visa expires.
He can apply at any time once he has left the UK. Why are you waiting till April?? The visa fees go up on the 6th April.
I'm also looking for a little bit of guidance on what sort of things are checked during the accommodation report which I currently have book for March. For example, I have a plug socket above the cooker (bizarre i know) which has been there for as long as we have lived here (2004ish) - is this the kind of thing that I will need to move to a safer place before the inspection or are they looking for alot more simple things than that?
They check the size of the property to ensure it won't be overcrowded and NOT the gas or electrical safetly. If you rent the whole property yourself and don't share with anyone else, you do not need a property inspection report.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

katobb969
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by katobb969 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:21 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:18 pm
am I right in thinking that we can apply for his leave to enter as soon as the 19th April? He will be back in Turkey on 28th February and will not enter the UK again before his visit visa expires.
He can apply at any time once he has left the UK. Why are you waiting till April?? The visa fees go up on the 6th April.
They check the size of the property to ensure it won't be overcrowded and NOT the gas or electrical safetly. If you rent the whole property yourself and don't share with anyone else, you do not need a property inspection report.
I was under the impression that we had to wait for his visit visa to expire! But I won't have my 6m payslips until the end of March anyway. Any idea what the fees are increasing to? As if they weren't extortionate already.

Thanks for the reply!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:23 pm

I was under the impression that we had to wait for his visit visa to expire!

Where did you hear that? Two completely different visa categories and rules.
But I won't have my 6m payslips until the end of March anyway. Any idea what the fees are increasing to? As if they weren't extortionate already.
It has not been announced yet but is usually between 15% and 20% increase. Current fee is £1464
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

katobb969
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by katobb969 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:27 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:23 pm

I read it on the gov website but looking again I think i've misunderstood the guidance so perhaps we'll pull the application forward a few weeks
But I won't have my 6m payslips until the end of March anyway. Any idea what the fees are increasing to? As if they weren't extortionate already.
It has not been announced yet but is usually between 15% and 20% increase. Current fee is £1464
Yikes.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:25 pm

katobb969 wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:27 pm
CR001 wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:23 pm

I read it on the gov website but looking again I think i've misunderstood the guidance so perhaps we'll pull the application forward a few weeks
Yikes.
Plus £600 immigration health surcharge.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

katobb969
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Obvious issues?

Post by katobb969 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:10 pm

Evening all,

After finding out that fees will increase in April (and possibly the NHS fee doubling also?!?!?!?) me and the husband have decided to bring forward his application. If i detail our plans below could anyone point out any issues they could see that I haven't noticed/thought of yet?

Husband is Turkish, I am British citizen.
Husband has his A1 IELTS certificate - not required to have a TB test

I started back working with a company I used to work for (for 7 years) on 15th September 2017 (after living in Turkey for a year), I will get my 6th month of FULL salary (£22k per year) at end of March. I have a bank statement due up to 3rd April which will show Marchs wages being paid in. March payslip will probably be dated 29th because of the bank holidays.

Husband will get his criminal record printed and translated mid March.

Property inspection is booked for 24th march

Plan is to do the application and pay on the 4th/5th April (whilst he is in Turkey, I am in england - assuming this is okay?) then he'll do his biometrics a few days later and then when my bank statement arrives in the post I will add it to our massive pile of papers and post it all off to Sheffield.

Im assuming all he needs to take to his biometrics appointment is himself, his passport and perhaps a copy of the application/payment confirmation? Documents can stay with me in UK (he will post the criminal record & translation to me) then I can courier them to sheffield.

Also a very helpful person on here told me before that we can apply even before my husbands current visit visa runs out - has anyone actually done this? The gov website has very vague wording (i am planning on finding a phone number for UKVI to get a proper answer however)

When do we choose and pay for the priority service? Is it online when we pay the visa fee?

Sorry this post turned out so long and rambling - I literally know nobody in the 'real world' that has done this before so of course I have a million questions and have read a million articles/forums etc - my brain is frazzled

Thanks in advance for any help anyone could give, this forum has already been a life saver when its come to previous visit visa applications! :D :D

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Obvious issues?

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:25 pm

As already mentioned above (topics now merged), there is no requirement for him to wait for his visit visa to expire. Spouse visa is a completely different visa category with completely different rules.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

katobb969
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by katobb969 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:33 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:25 pm
As already mentioned above (topics now merged), there is no requirement for him to wait for his visit visa to expire. Spouse visa is a completely different visa category with completely different rules.
Yes I knew someone helpful told me this (thank you)!!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:37 pm

katobb969 wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:33 pm
CR001 wrote:
Yes, me, on 4th Feb.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

katobb969
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by katobb969 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:14 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:37 pm
katobb969 wrote:
CR001 wrote:
Yes, me, on 4th Feb.
oh yes i realised it was you - I was saying thank you again for the info :)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:17 pm

katobb969 wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:14 pm
CR001 wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:37 pm
katobb969 wrote:
CR001 wrote:
Yes, me, on 4th Feb.
oh yes i realised it was you - I was saying thank you again for the info :)
:wink:
Char (CR001 not Casa)

katobb969
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Courier to Sheffield

Post by katobb969 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:07 pm

Afternoon all,

Me and my husband (turkish) will be applying for settlement in a couple of weeks

What couriers or companies did people use to get their documents to sheffield? All the courier websites I look at say they won't delivery to PO boxes so i'm a little stuck as to who to use?

Also how did people send their documents? In files/plastic wallets? Loose? Currently ours are in plastic wallets in a ringbinder - is this acceptable?

Assuming all that husband will need for his biometrics appointment is his passport and application signed copy/confirmation of fees paid? And i can keep all the supporting documents here ready to post

Thanks in advance!!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Courier to Sheffield

Post by CR001 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:13 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)

Katie_France
Russia

Post by Katie_France » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:31 pm

katobb969 wrote:
Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:07 pm
Afternoon all,

Me and my husband (turkish) will be applying for settlement in a couple of weeks

What couriers or companies did people use to get their documents to sheffield? All the courier websites I look at say they won't delivery to PO boxes so i'm a little stuck as to who to use?

Also how did people send their documents? In files/plastic wallets? Loose? Currently ours are in plastic wallets in a ringbinder - is this acceptable?

Assuming all that husband will need for his biometrics appointment is his passport and application signed copy/confirmation of fees paid? And i can keep all the supporting documents here ready to post

Thanks in advance!!
DHL or UPS should be fine for the delivery.

It’s better to submit the documents loose, maximum with a paper clip, it’ll be easier for them to work on your file this way.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:28 am

RoyalMail if sending from within UK is good.
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

katobb969
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by katobb969 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:35 pm

Katie_France wrote:
Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:31 pm
katobb969 wrote:
Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:07 pm
Afternoon all,

Thanks in advance!!
DHL or UPS should be fine for the delivery.

It’s better to submit the documents loose, maximum with a paper clip, it’ll be easier for them to work on your file this way.
Brill, thanks for the info, i guess loose will be easier to fit in a postal envelope too :shock: