ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Retained rights application refused becoz of ex's ID

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pola 23
Poland

Re: Retained rights application refused becoz of ex's ID

Post by pola 23 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:38 pm

No.i said it for Obie & yes I got my COA in November.send them some emails as a evidence and pray to God and have faith.explain to them like Obie said that you can't compare original ID with treaty rights evidence.

pola 23
Poland

Post by pola 23 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:32 am

Obie wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:26 pm
Japanpiya wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:02 pm
Hey guys
Did you get some news about your ROR?
Please Obie explain about this '' notary ceritifed copy is valid for this case"
It is just the luck of the draw. Home Office have been coming back in some cases and saying if you can get treaty rights documents from your partner then you can get passport.

A recent FTT judge agreed with my position that the comparison is absurd.

So will have to see. My policy has always been that the right under the directive to appeal cannot be denied because of a failure to meet administrative requirement s.

I am happy that Home Office has now stopped refusing appeal rights.

Hi Obie.hope you doing good..any updates about Your FTT on ROR without EX ID?

A2ROR
Bulgaria

Post by A2ROR » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:03 am

Hi Guys,

I applied RoR in nov 2017 and waiting for any good news. My time matches to Pola. I haven’t provided original ID as she refused me to give her original ID. I have attached copy of ID and explained in letter that she is not agreeing to hand me her Original ID.

Waiting for any positive reply.

MD Islam
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by MD Islam » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:19 pm

A2ROR wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:03 am
Hi Guys,

I applied RoR in nov 2017 and waiting for any good news. My time matches to Pola. I haven’t provided original ID as she refused me to give her original ID. I have attached copy of ID and explained in letter that she is not agreeing to hand me her Original ID.

Waiting for any positive reply.
Hi, we all in the same boat, if u can explain well the actual scenario what really happened when u asked for ur ex ID then it may accepted but u have to provide evidence of ur efforts. If u did so in sha Allah u will have good news

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:24 pm

pola 23 wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:32 am

Hi Obie.hope you doing good..any updates about Your FTT on ROR without EX ID?
Going pretty well thanks.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Japanpiya
Newly Registered
Japan

Post by Japanpiya » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:09 pm

I got it without I'd.
Not give from Marsha alla
From home office
No stress 😎

pola 23
Poland

Post by pola 23 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:49 pm

Japanpiya wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:09 pm
I got it without I'd.
From home office
No stress 😎
Hi.many congratulations on your visa.can you pls explain your situation what documents you provided and you got it without ID?im in a same situation and provided everything but it ID so pls share your experience.

Thanks

A2ROR
Bulgaria

Post by A2ROR » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:15 pm

Japanpiya wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:09 pm
I got it without I'd.
From home office
No stress 😎
H japanpiya

Congratulations for visa first
Then can you share your experience how did you got and did you got visa in first go ?

Thanks

jeffery
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by jeffery » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:11 pm

pola 23 wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:18 pm
Obie wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:34 am
You need to appeal, as you will face similar issues later.

Was she working at time of divorce and which 12 months payslips are they asking for.
Hi Obie..im in the same situation but i applied again in october and still waiting..is there some one who got ROR without EX original ID or Passport?pls update us..Thanks
yes i got my ROR in january and i applied without my ex ID

tolani01
Newly Registered

Post by tolani01 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:33 pm

jeffery wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:11 pm
pola 23 wrote:
Obie wrote:

Was she working at time of divorce and which 12 months payslips are they asking for.
Hi Obie..im in the same situation but i applied again in october and still waiting..is there some one who got ROR without EX original ID or Passport?pls update us..Thanks
yes i got my ROR in january and i applied without my ex ID
Please how do you go about it? Can you explain better
Thanks

Maria2020
Newly Registered
Mood:
Argentina

Post by Maria2020 » Sat May 19, 2018 9:09 pm

Has anyone been granted ROR recently without Ex's ID?

I submitted my ROR application early April 18, then sent my biometrics details on 21st April, now it's been almost a month and I haven't received my COA yet,

I wonder if the delay is because of ex's ID was not provided?

my solicitor did a cover letter explaining the reason, and I also attached to my application e-mails asking my ex for his ID as a proof that I tried to get it.

Lexy06
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Lexy06 » Thu May 24, 2018 8:17 am

Obie wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:58 pm
pola 23 wrote:
Obie wrote:

Nearly all have been rejected. They use to not give appeal rights, but then realise it is a futile exercise and grant.

Even people whose spouses have died, are asked to provide the ID of their deceased spouse.

Hi Obie,

I hope you are doing well. I want to thank you for your kind support to everyone on this forum. I have been following your responses to applicant's immigration issues and I find your professional opinions always helpful and on point.

Please can you advise me on the below:

I received a refusal letter from HO for my ROR application on 19/05/2018, and their only reason for refusal was that I did not include my ex's ID. I did include the email correspondence in the application which indicated that my ex was not willing to provide me with her ID or passport but rather she scanned the front and back of her valid ID card (expiring December 2019) for me to use instead. I attached this with the email correspondence. The HO did not make mention of this documentation, they said they could not find any proof that I attempted to request for her passport/ID and that on that basis they have no choice other than to refuse me under Regulation 21(5).
It is apparent that they did not bother to process my documentation meticulously before concluding that I did not make any attempt to request for my ex's ID. I was given an option to either re-apply and include additional evidence/Original ID or Passport or perhaps appeal their decision to the FTT. My solicitor suggested that I should appeal to the FTT and that if I choose to re-apply to HO, they may find another reason to refuse me even when I satisfy the ID attempt requirement. Also my solicitor advised that if I reapply they may take either 6 weeks or up to 6 months to get back to me. He advised that I should make a paper appeal to the FTT that this is a winnable case considering the fact that I included a proof of my attempt to retrieve ex's ID and also providing scanned copy of ex's ID which is still valid in that process. Since the refusal I have been contacting my ex via whatsapp and she is still insisting that she cannot help me with her passport or ID. My solicitor advised me to print off this whatsapp conversation and provide with in addition to my refused application and that all these evidences are enough for the paper appeal to go in my favour.

Please kindly share your thoughts on the above and advice me on the rough time frame for an FTT paper appeal process.

Many thanks
Lexy06

Lexy06
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Lexy06 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:09 am

Hello Obie and CR001,

It is not my desire to disturb you both, I am in dire need of your professional opinions.

My ROR application was refused by HO on the basis that I did not include my ex's EU ID/Passport. I did include in the application an email correspondence displaying her unwillingness to release her passport and that she provided to me a scanned copy of her valid ID and she stated categorically that 'this is how far she can help'. The HO never acknowledged or made mention of the scanned copy ID and the email correspondence, they just said they didn't find any evidence that i attempted to ask her for her passport/ID and for this reason they have to reject my application.

I made a paper appeal to FTT and the FTT has given me up until 16/07/2018 to submit my representation. I have whats app chat with my ex, where she stated that she's not willing to cooperate.

I do not know why the HO omitted my evidence attempt even though everything was well documented by immigration advisor. My immigration advisor said that is how HO does and that most rejected ROR cases are referred to the FTT with the high likelihood of winning.

Please kindly provide me helpful information that I can provide to my advisor (not that I am saying he is incompetent but as they say '2 heads are better than 1').

Please I beg you to kindly response to my post asap as I am running out of time.

Thank you very much in advance!

Tariq ali tariq
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Tariq ali tariq » Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:01 am

I got refusal letter for ROR not providing my ex I'd. I appealed it .waiting for hearing date[

Tariq ali tariq
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Tariq ali tariq » Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:04 am

Plz let me know how long I need to wait for hearing date