ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HELP with incorrect information on FBI document!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

trusttheprocess
Newly Registered
Philippines

HELP with incorrect information on FBI document!

Post by trusttheprocess » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:37 pm

Dear all,

My fiance just recently received his FBI Identity History Summary document. However, it doesn't show the disposition date and also has incorrect information regarding birth place.

It would take a court order for the Dept of Justice in California to modify the information on their record, and god knows how long that could take.

We can provide home office the FBI document, and a case number which they can use to view my fiance's case summary online on LA superior court website. This online case summary will show the disposition date and will also show that there was no jail term imposed.

In my fiance's cover letter, he can explain the missing disposition data and also explain that the birthplace in the FBI records is inaccurate.

Unfortunately, he doesn't have any original documents from the arrest and court hearing as he was just so eager to get out of there and get home. It was a very traumatic and scary experience for his 19 year old self back then. FYI his charge was a misdemeanor for possession of controlled substance. He was young and stupid that time.

Appreciate any help on this matter - do we stand a chance with our documents?

Thanks