ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Tier 2 General route

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dhilipjack
Newly Registered
India

ILR Tier 2 General route

Post by dhilipjack » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:48 am

Dear Members and friends,

Please help. My timeline as follows;
Arrived on Tier 4 - 10/2009
Switched to PSW (Tier 1) - 07/2011
Switched to Tier 2 General - 02/2013
Job made redundant - 08/2015
Received curtailment - 11/2015
Applied FLR(O) - 12/2015
Varied FLR(O) to Tier 2- 03/2016
Tier 2 Approved - 04/2016
Joined with new employer - 04/2016
Tier 2 Expires - 02/2019

When my job was made redundant on 08/2015, I received sponsorship curtailment letter from UKVI on 11/2015. I had 60 days from receiving the curtailment letter to make another application. I made FLR(O) application on 01/2016, before 60 days and varied the application to Tier 2 general and application got approved until 02/2019.

Since there is a change in immigration rules from 11/01/2018, I understand that I have no problems in applying ILR. However I'm concerned that the break in employment was nearly 7 months. Would this be a problem?

Also I understand that the FLRO was varied, therefore the date I applied FLRO will be considered as Tier 2 application date?

Many Thanks in Advance.

Logan82

Re: ILR Tier 2 General route

Post by Logan82 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:22 pm

Hi,

my immigration history is similar to you and my application for ILR got approved in Croydon PEO. (Same Day)

i had 8 months break between my redundancy and the next Tier 2 employment. i got redundant in 30th December 2013 and got the curtailment letter on 24th March for 60 days. i couldn't find a job and decided to apply for Tier 4 before the expiry of 60 days. luckily i got a tier 2 sponsorship 2 weeks after applying for Tier 4 visa and then varied my Tier 4 to Tier 2 which granted September 2014. i was on 24k annum and didn't meet the salary requirement in order to apply for ILR under Tier 2 route. therefore, i started searching and got a new job in April 2017 with a higher salary (42k annum).

I have completed 5 years on Tier 2 in June 2017 but couldn't apply due to the employment gap (more than 60 days). so i decided to go for ILR Long Residence (10 year based) which was due to complete in June 2018. but the 60 day rule got removed from the immigration rules on 11th January, Hence i decided to apply.

So i think your 7 months break will not be an issue for ILR.

Since you have made an in-time application for FLR (O) and later varied to a successful Tier 2 application, your continuity is not broken. so i think you are fine there as well.

Hope these information is helpful.

Good Luck

dhilipjack
Newly Registered
India

Post by dhilipjack » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:21 pm

Hi Logan82,

Many thanks for your timely and detailed response. I am surprised that we both are in same situation. I am going to go ahead and apply the ILR 5 year route. Would you mind helping me, regarding the required documents. As far as I know,

MUST DOCUMENTS,
1. Passport
2. BRP
3. Employer letter to confirm that I'm still required for the employment
4. Employer Letter (Absence history)
5. 3 x Payslips
6. 3 months bank statement (no minimum balance required)
7. Life in the UK test certificate
8. Degree certificate (from UK university)
9. Photograph

Optional Documents,
1. P60
2. P45
3. More payslips
4. Tenancy agreements
5. Utility bills

Did I miss any?

Logan82

Post by Logan82 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:36 pm

Hi Dhilip,

Your documents looks fine to me. those are the same ones i have submitted with my application. since i had work for 2 employers before the current employer, i got absences letters from them as well. if you can request the same from your previous employers.

i kept two folders with me. 1st one with the main documents to submit with the application and the other one is optional documents. keep the 5 years P60 and P45 in a second folder. no need to submit them unless they have specially asked for it. if you don't those documents for entire 5 years, request an "Employee History Letter" from HMRC. find the HMRC number and call them up. it will take few days to get it. make sure to submit all your previous passports as well (if any). Keep your redundancy letters, all your employment contracts in the second folder. and keep banks statements for those 7 months in the same file.

i believe you didn't had a salary increment recently to meet the ILR salary (36k) requirement. lot of members in the forum had problems with this salary issue. normally home office visit your employer and sponsor license might get revoked.

Good Luck

dhilipjack
Newly Registered
India

Post by dhilipjack » Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:46 pm

Logan Thanks again for the reply.

The salary requirement is £35K isn’t it??

Logan82

Post by Logan82 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:31 am

yes. but it will be increase to £35500 after 6th April i think. check it in the UKVI website.

dhilipjack
Newly Registered
India

Post by dhilipjack » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:58 am

Yes, Indeed the rule changes from April 2018 and I’m planning to apply before.

dhilipjack
Newly Registered
India

Post by dhilipjack » Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:11 pm

Hi All members & Logan,

I had an appointment on PSC Solihull and my application got approved. It was straight forward and all went easily. I booked the appointment at 12:30 and turned up at 11:15. After the security checks they have collected my docs with copies at 11:30 and I gave my biometrics at 12:15. I have had my docs back with the approval letter at 13:30.

I kept the following,
1. SET(O) form
2. Cover letter
3. Employment status letter
4. Absence letter from all previous employers
5. Payslips (6)
6. Bank statement (6 Months)
8. Degree Certificate

I also had P60's, P45's and some other extra docs to be in the safer side, none were required.

Many thanks for all and special thanks to Logan, who has given the confidence for me to go ahead.

I'm very happy to assist whoever needs help.

To the admins of immigration boards, you have saved so much money and I didn't have to go to solicitors. You are doing a great job. Keep rocking.

SivanMu
Newly Registered
India

Post by SivanMu » Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:56 am

Hello all,

I am in the similar situation and need guidance.

I will be completing 5 years on Tier 2 on 5th of May 2018. However I have spent around 11 months on an appeal when I tried switching in to Tier1. The application was eventually rejected and I have applied for Tier 2 again and currently on it. It expires in 2019. Now my question is about the wording “Eligible when one ecumulates 5 years of continuous employment”. Does this mean excluding the breaks I need 60 months of employment or its 60 months of valid Tier 2 stay in the UK? I meet all the other requirements. Your help in this regard is highly appreciated. Thanks.

Sivan

GMO
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by GMO » Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:17 pm

dhilipjack wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:11 pm
Hi All members & Logan,

I had an appointment on PSC Solihull and my application got approved. It was straight forward and all went easily. I booked the appointment at 12:30 and turned up at 11:15. After the security checks they have collected my docs with copies at 11:30 and I gave my biometrics at 12:15. I have had my docs back with the approval letter at 13:30.

I kept the following,
1. SET(O) form
2. Cover letter
5. Payslips (6)
8. Degree Certificate

I also had P60's, P45's and some other extra docs to be in the safer side, none were required.

Many thanks for all and special thanks to Logan, who has given the confidence for me to go ahead.

To the admins of immigration boards, you have saved so much money and I didn't have to go to solicitors. You are doing a great job. Keep rocking.
Congrats and Big thanks for the details. It sounds so relaxing you know :) If you dont mind then may i ask when your salary last increased before ILR and what was the percentage of increment?

Logan82

Post by Logan82 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:48 am

SivanMu wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:56 am
Hello all,

I am in the similar situation and need guidance.

I will be completing 5 years on Tier 2 on 5th of May 2018. However I have spent around 11 months on an appeal when I tried switching in to Tier1. The application was eventually rejected and I have applied for Tier 2 again and currently on it. It expires in 2019. Now my question is about the wording “Eligible when one ecumulates 5 years of continuous employment”. Does this mean excluding the breaks I need 60 months of employment or its 60 months of valid Tier 2 stay in the UK? I meet all the other requirements. Your help in this regard is highly appreciated. Thanks.

Sivan

Hi Sivan,

I don't think your continuity is broken if you've made an in-time application for tier 2. but you better check this with an expert on this forum\ via an immigration solicitor. please post your query as a separate question. an expert might be able to help you with this.

Logan82

Post by Logan82 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:51 am

dhilipjack wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:11 pm
Hi All members & Logan,

I kept the following,
1. SET(O) form
2. Cover letter
5. Payslips (6)
8. Degree Certificate

Congratulation dilip. i am really happy to hear that you have got your ILR approved.

Good Luck.. :)

dhilipjack
Newly Registered
India

Post by dhilipjack » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:10 pm

Hi GMO,

When I joined the employer in 2016 my salary was just below 35K and I had a increment of 1% in August 2016.Since then no increment in salary.

GMO
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by GMO » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:47 pm

Thanks for your reply :)

TD84
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by TD84 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:04 pm

Hello,

Just wanted to double check did you have to submit certificate of employment or the previous COS issued?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:07 pm

TD84 wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:04 pm
Hello,

Just wanted to double check did you have to submit certificate of employment or the previous COS issued?
1. No.

3. Kindly refrain from digging up topics that are more than a year old. Please start your own topic with your questions and circumstances.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.