ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for dependent tier 1 general

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ilr-dep
Newly Registered
India

ILR for dependent tier 1 general

Post by ilr-dep » Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:57 am

I am in the situation please clarify,

My husband applied for ILR under Tier 1 General route (5 years) in July 2016. We are still waiting for the outcome from HO. I am PBS dependent working as a company secretary . As our current visa is going to expire soon, now its time for me and my son to apply for ILR. I know, I have to use Set O application and I have to fill my details in main applicant's place and my son's details in dependent page. Also I have to leave Section 9.
I have few questions regarding maintenance funds.

Section 5 -- Your home and finances
5.3 Are you working in the UK? I have to say 'Yes' and I have to mention my pay. But my pay is less and is not adequate to run the family. I am not receiving any benefits or funds.
This is the question i am confused as we rely on husband's income.
5.6 Complete the following table indicating the sources and levels of income as indicated in 5.1-5.5 that you and your partner are relying on to maintain you and any dependents adequately.
I will include my source of income
Do I have to include my husband's income (dividend and salary) ? (as we rely on his income).

If yes Do I have to give income details for a year?

Your finances on Page 76
Evidence of your finances.:
Do I have to provide my husband's bank statements and my bank statements?
Mine dont have sufficient funds. Also we dont have joint accounts.

If I have to provide my husband's bank statements does he needs to sign the Section 13 Consent form (Name and address of third party) on page 83. Again the question is he is not a third party.

Please help. It should have been much easier if they had separate ILR application forms for dependents like PBS dependents.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR for dependent tier 1 general

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:45 am

You need to complete the forum honesty with the relevant details of income for both of you.

Your ILR will also fail if your husband's ILR is refused.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ilr-dep
Newly Registered
India

Re: ILR for tier 1 general

Post by ilr-dep » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:12 am

Thank you for your reply CR001.

My husband applied for ILR on July 2016 by post and still waiting for the outcome.
He is director of limited company. He was asked to submit the questionnaire in May 2017 asking for tax details. He posted immediately saying he didn't do any tax amendments and submitted all SA302.
Since its been more than 16+ months, had some doubt so we were just checking accounts for past 5 years, only then realized he missed out to pay tax for dividend for a month in 2015. It was genuine mistake . He didn't claim any points for that dividend. Earnings claimed to HO matching with HMRC, but he missed out to pay the tax for divided for a month in 2015 and this was after his extension.
Will that be issue now?
If it is how to rectify it , but it is too late. Please advice.
Thanks.

ilr-dep
Newly Registered
India

Post by ilr-dep » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:50 am

Hi CR001,
I am new to this forum. I posted this question in old thread as the case is quite similar to mine. You have locked that thread since it is not active for long time. I can understand that. If I post this question in a thread where they have similar problems I will get suggestions quickly. I am not able to find recent thread with similar issue. Kindly please help. Where do I post this question to get quick response? I am worried.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:00 pm

I can understand that. If I post this question in a thread where they have similar problems I will get suggestions quickly. I am not able to find recent thread with similar issue. Kindly please help. Where do I post this question to get quick response? I am worried.
Keep your questions in your own topic. Tagging onto other members threads is not only rude, but it creates confusion when members respond. Whether you post here or tag on somewhere, ALL members will see you have posted and if anyone is free, willing and able to respond, I am sure they will. We are all volunteers here, also with our own jobs and family commitments, so be a bit patient.

See Multiple Topics/Posts (click)

See also Q12 in this link (click)
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ilr-dep
Newly Registered
India

16 months still waiting

Post by ilr-dep » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:51 am

Hi all,

Posted the application tier 1 general to ilr in July 2016 and still waiting for the outcome. Running limited company with no tax amendments. Why do they take this long to process the application? Is anyone waited more than 16 months+. Just two months left in current visa. Tried to upgrade to premium but didn't work. Shall I withdraw the application and go for premium appointment? How long does it take for the documents to arrive if I withdraw the application. Please advice.

Thanks

Kent1234
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Re: 16 months still waiting

Post by Kent1234 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:36 pm

Hi,

There are ppl I know, who are on 18 months without any outcome. But most of them are with tax amendments. Your case is different. When was ur last correspondence with HO ( letter or email)?
Withdrawing at this stage won't be ideal, but if you think your application is straight forward then you can book same day appointment. However I m not sure what do you mean by 2 months left in current visa? Please specify? as my understanding is you have applied for ILR after Tier 1 G 5 years completion.

ilr-dep
Newly Registered
India

16 months still waiting

Post by ilr-dep » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:41 pm

@kent1234 Thank you for your response.
Applied in July 2016
Submitted the questionarrie in May 2017.

There are ppl I know, who are on 18 months without any outcome. But most of them are with tax amendments. Your case is different. When was ur last correspondence with HO ( letter or email)?
After contacting MP, received a letter from HO two weeks back asking for my son's whereabouts. Replied back immediately saying that waiting for the main applicant's outcome.

Withdrawing at this stage won't be ideal, but if you think your application is straight forward then you can book same day appointment.

Please explain how does this works. While the application in progress Is it possible to book PEO?

However I m not sure what do you mean by 2 months left in current visa? Please specify? as my understanding is you have applied for ILR after Tier 1 G 5 years completion.
Yesapplied ILR after completing 5 years. Still 2 more months left in current Tier 1 visa because tier 1 extended 3 times instead of 2.

Too stressed and worried. Please advice

marcnath
United Kingdom

Re: 16 months still waiting

Post by marcnath » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:47 pm

ilr-dep wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:41 pm
@kent1234 Thank you for your response.
Applied in July 2016
Submitted the questionarrie in May 2017.

After contacting MP, received a letter from HO two weeks back asking for my son's whereabouts. Replied back immediately saying that waiting for the main applicant's outcome.

Withdrawing at this stage won't be ideal, but if you think your application is straight forward then you can book same day appointment.

Please explain how does this works. While the application in progress Is it possible to book PEO?

However I m not sure what do you mean by 2 months left in current visa? Please specify? as my understanding is you have applied for ILR after Tier 1 G 5 years completion.
Yesapplied ILR after completing 5 years. Still 2 more months left in current Tier 1 visa because tier 1 extended 3 times instead of 2.

Too stressed and worried. Please advice
Unfortunate that it is taking so long.

However, the expiry date of your T1G is irrelevant. You will have the right to stay on the terms of the T1G (Section 3C protection) until your application is decided, however long it takes. So, don't get stressed and worried about the T1G expiry date.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

ilr-dep
Newly Registered
India

ILR refusal after April 2018

Post by ilr-dep » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:05 am

Posted the ILR application under Tier 1 General (main applicant) in July 2016. Still the outcome hasn't been made.
What happens if HO refuses the ILR after 6th April 2018?
Is it possible to make fresh application after 6th April?
So worried and confused. Please advice.

Thanks.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:14 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:21 am

If refused, then a fresh application is possible, subject to 39E.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

ilr-dep
Newly Registered
India

Post by ilr-dep » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:47 am

Thank you Vinny for quick response.
The below paragraph outlines the common rule. But is it applicable for Tier 1 General after 6th April?
39E. This paragraph applies where:
(1) the application was made within 14 days of the applicant’s leave expiring and the Secretary of State considers that there was a good reason beyond the control of the applicant or their representative, provided in or with the application, why the application could not be made in-time; or
(2) the application was made:
(a) following the refusal of a previous application for leave which was made in-time or to which sub-paragraph (1) applied; and
(b) within 14 days of:
(i) the refusal of the previous application for leave; or
(ii) the expiry of any leave extended by section 3C of the Immigration Act 1971; or
(iii) the expiry of the time-limit for making an in-time application for administrative review or appeal (where applicable); or
(iv) any administrative review or appeal being concluded, withdrawn or abandoned or lapsing.

ilr-dep
Newly Registered
India

Post by ilr-dep » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:02 pm

Hi all,

Received ILR and all the documents after 19 months. Thank you for all the support and suggestions.