ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Verbal caution in 2004- Good Character

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Hungryval
Newly Registered
Hungary

Verbal caution in 2004- Good Character

Post by Hungryval » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:27 am

Hello,
I would like an advice on above mention topic.
I'm planning to put through my application for naturalisation around this June or July 2018. Previously I had lived in the UK for a short while back in 2003 til 2004 as I was studying english (I had a student visa). I'm an EU national. In 2004 I had a verbal caution and I therefore I have now a police record. After my studies I moved back to my country and lived there for a while then came back again to live and work in the UK in 2011. Since then, I've studied and worked (obtained few NVQ level 2 and level 3 certificates). Last year (in 2017) I got my Permanent Residency card and now I'm planning to put through my application for British Citizenship but this caution which I had back in 2004 is "bothering" me. Should I declare this on my application or not as it happened 14 years ago as I was just living in the UK for a short while or I shouldn't? Will it affect my application and will my application be refused on the grounds that I'm not a "good character"? In 2012 I had to do a CRB check as I needed it for one of my job application and the caution was listed in there so it had me worried :? Please advise.
Many Thanks,
Kind Regards

vinny

Re: Verbal caution in 2004- Good Character

Post by vinny » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:04 am

Naturalisation booklet - the requirements (booklet AN) wrote:3.5 - 3.6 You must give details of any cautions (simple or conditional), warnings or reprimands you have received in the UK or any other country. Cautions, warnings and reprimands are out of court disposals that are recorded on a person’s criminal record and are taken in to account when assessing a person’s character.
As the caution was over 3 years ago, it shouldn't affect your Good Character. However, if you failed to declare it, then they may refuse due to deception.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Hungryval
Newly Registered
Hungary

Post by Hungryval » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:24 am

Thank you Vinny!

akz

Post by akz » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:46 am

vinny wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:04 am
Naturalisation booklet - the requirements (booklet AN) wrote:3.5 - 3.6 You must give details of any cautions (simple or conditional), warnings or reprimands you have received in the UK or any other country. Cautions, warnings and reprimands are out of court disposals that are recorded on a person’s criminal record and are taken in to account when assessing a person’s character.
As the caution was over 3 years ago, it shouldn't affect your Good Character. However, if you failed to declare it, then they may refuse due to deception.
I think they will only look at your last 10 years for good character from the date of your application - (maybe I am wrong). if this the case then I also forgot to mention one of my part-time jobs back in 2006 in my BR application in Nov 2017. I just become nervous as they will treat as deception. I have listed all jobs before and after that missing job. Finger cross all goes well. I don't want to lose my application fees.
Happy to help and Happy to be helped