ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Premium Service Appointment After Visa Expiry?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

damasta13
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Premium Service Appointment After Visa Expiry?

Post by damasta13 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:57 am

Hello All,

I have been monitoring this site and utilising it for guidance in getting my wife (fiancee at that point) into the UK on a partner settlement (fiancee) visa for 6 months. So thanks very much so far! :D We have since gotten married and are now reapplying for the 2.5 year extension.

I have a couple of questions, the first of which is most important and controversial:

1. We applied online (9th Feb) and went down the premium service route. When we paid the IHS, we looked for any premium service appointment (time/location) and found nothing in the next 45 days!
We waited until after midnight and found an appointment on 24th March - we booked straight away as there was nothing earlier anywhere. So technically the 10th Feb is the application date.

Her current visa expires 20th March. But we had been advised by an immigration lawyer that this is fine as the application date (10th Feb) applies in this case. But we have looked online and only found information that states our application could/likely to be rejected as we are attending the appointment post expiry date (20th March).
I then rang the UK visa helpline number and they said that it depends on the caseworker and could be a reason for rejection.

Obviously we don't want to take that risk, so we are looking for some sort of reference link in the details of footnotes/something to agree with what information I was told by the immigration lawyer.
Can anyone help me out!?

2. We already used the Life Skills A1 test for the 6 month entry application language requirement. We were told that this could be re-used for the 2.5 year application (which I think makes sense). But could someone confirm this too?

Any help on both of these would be very much appreciated!

igorstein2
Newly Registered
Canada

Re: Premium Service Appointment After Visa Expiry?

Post by igorstein2 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:59 pm

What was the result of your ordeal? I am facing a similar issue at the moment as there are on dates for the premium service available until 1 week after my visa expires.
Ian

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Premium Service Appointment After Visa Expiry?

Post by CR001 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:06 pm

igorstein2 wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:59 pm
What was the result of your ordeal? I am facing a similar issue at the moment as there are on dates for the premium service available until 1 week after my visa expires.
Ian
The user has only ever posted once and has not logged in since this post was made in February.

You must attend premium centre before your visa expires. If you can't find an appointment, you will need to submit an application by post before current visa expires.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.