ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

European Passport Return Service / Request Passport Back

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kiran2044

European Passport Return Service / Request Passport Back

Post by kiran2044 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:06 pm

Hi,

I am a Non-EEA family member. My partner (EEA national) and myself are planning to apply for PR together in few days (by the end of this month). But we are going to need our passports back to travel on end of November.

- Hence, I was thinking to use European Passport Return Service (EPRS), as non-EEA family member can also be included if applied together with EU national. My question is, does the non-EEA passport also get returned or is it just the EEA passport that will be returned on the day?

- If non-EEA passport needs to be sent to HO, can I put on my cover letter the REQUEST to return my passport before end of November? or, Do I need to request the passport back using the HO website?

I would highly appreciate any advice.

Many thanks

kiran2044

Re: European Passport Return Service / Request Passport Back

Post by kiran2044 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:56 pm

I have contacted few Councils and I thought I would share it here, if someone is looking for the info. Non-EEA national can also use the EPRS service as long as the main applicant is an EEA national. Although, few councils still only accept the application from EEA national only. The councils accepting applications from non-EEA family member as well, are Southampton, Reading, Islington, Manchester, Suffolk, Southwark, Wandsworth to name a few.

jesszcu
Newly Registered
China

Post by jesszcu » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:34 pm

Hi Kiran,
Glad to see your post here. Hope you found your answer.

I am Non-EEA national and my husband is an EEA national ( same as you guys :) ) I was confused with the European Passport Return Service guide. Do you know if my husband doesn't want to apply for PR can I still use this service to get his passport verified and support for my application?

How long does the council takes to verify passport? How does it works? From my understanding it looks in order to use this service my husband have to apply for PR?

Thank you Kiran! and also thank you for sharing all the council's name with us.

Jess

jesszcu
Newly Registered
China

Post by jesszcu » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:45 pm

kiran2044 wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:56 pm
I have contacted few Councils and I thought I would share it here, if someone is looking for the info. Non-EEA national can also use the EPRS service as long as the main applicant is an EEA national. Although, few councils still only accept the application from EEA national only. The councils accepting applications from non-EEA family member as well, are Southampton, Reading, Islington, Manchester, Suffolk, Southwark, Wandsworth to name a few.
Just checked, wakefield also accepting non - EEA family member. :)

kiran2044

Post by kiran2044 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:42 pm

jesszcu wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:34 pm
Hi Kiran,

I am Non-EEA national and my husband is an EEA national ( same as you guys :) ) I was confused with the European Passport Return Service guide. Do you know if my husband doesn't want to apply for PR can I still use this service to get his passport verified and support for my application?

How long does the council takes to verify passport? How does it works? From my understanding it looks in order to use this service my husband have to apply for PR?

Jess
Hi Jess,

Your husband needs to be the main applicant for you to be able to use this service. So, you won't be able to use this service if you want to apply alone.

It's a straight forward process. We used Brighton service. We were there as per our appointment (some places you just walk in without appointment depending on the council). And we were there for about an hour while they were veryfing our passports, and they send all the documents with the verified photocopies of your passports. Passports returned to you

jesszcu
Newly Registered
China

Post by jesszcu » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:24 pm

Hi Kiran,

Thank you so much for answering my queries. I tried to call different councils regarding if I can apply alone they just couldn't give me any answer. Your reply really make my day!

I still have few more questions, hope you don't find me too annoying . :p

- Did you get your passport back for your trip in the end? I would like to have my passport back too as I need to travel for work.
- Did you submit all 5 years bank statements? When council check documents do they copy all the statements too? or just send the original one?

How's your processing going ? I hope you and your husband already received PR. :)

All the best,

Jess

kiran2044 wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:42 pm
jesszcu wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:34 pm
Hi Kiran,

Jess
Hi Jess,

Your husband needs to be the main applicant for you to be able to use this service. So, you won't be able to use this service if you want to apply alone.

It's a straight forward process. We used Brighton service. We were there as per our appointment (some places you just walk in without appointment depending on the council). And we were there for about an hour while they were veryfing our passports, and they send all the documents with the verified photocopies of your passports. Passports returned to you