ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Legal to apply Tier 2 general while on another visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Sv2018
Mood:
India

Change from ICT dependent to Tier 2 General-Documents from the Company/Employer

Post by Sv2018 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:49 pm

Hello everyone,
Anyone successfully switched from ICT dependent to Tier 2 General with similar situation, please share your experience;

What documents are required from the company (A rated) if the employee currently works on ICT dependent visa , now intend to change to Tier 2 General( with promotion from the current designation, no change in the SOC code). Below is the list I believe should go with my query

1. 12 months salary slips; Is it required, considering there will be a new start date as per COS and possibly revised salary (higher), (if yes; Is short name acceptable (company software only accepts short name) considering it has National insurance number)

2. If 1 (one) is required than salary certificate may also be required to authenticate. What will be content in it in terms of employee start date and designation (which both are going to change as per the COS)

3. Maintenance letter: Is it true if employer has ticked this option while applying for RCOS then only it can certify maintenance ?

4) Company support letter for the dependents (again if company opted to support for maintenance)

In contrary if maintenance is not endorsed, bank statement is required along with bank certificate, do anyone has any format/template for that letter from the bank.

5) Job offer/contract/appointment letter: Is new job offer required as per new designation/salary with the proposed start date as per the cos or is it required to also attach old job offer ?

5) Anything related to travel insurance?

My overall question is what else is required apart from COS from the company for Tier 2 General visa application (of course personal documents are not questioned here)

Your swift response will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Sv2018
Mood:
India

Re: Change from ICT dependent to Tier 2 General-Documents from the Company/Employer

Post by Sv2018 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:59 pm

20 views but no reply.

Please respond if anyone knows anything.

Thanks again

Sv2018
Mood:
India

Re: Change from ICT dependent to Tier 2 General-Documents from the Company/Employer

Post by Sv2018 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:46 am

Hello members,

Anticipating response for my queries.
would Appreciate your help.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:19 am

What documents are required from the company (A rated) if the employee currently works on ICT dependent visa , now intend to change to Tier 2 General( with promotion from the current designation, no change in the SOC code).
There is no 'special list' just because you are going from PBS dependent to Tier 2 main. You need to submit what the form states you must submit. Read the guidance notes too.

Search the forum, many who have applied for Tier 2 from home country have posted.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Sv2018
Mood:
India

Job offer/contract and COS date

Post by Sv2018 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:58 am

Just quick question
Which comes first Job offer/Contract or COS ?

I mean once RCOS is received then job offer is fully executed or visa versa.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Job offer/contract and COS date

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:00 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Sv2018
Mood:
India

Post by Sv2018 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:22 pm

vsan86
India

Post by vsan86 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:49 am

Sv2018 wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:58 am
Just quick question

1. Take COS + Conditional Offer letter or Formal Offer Letter from your employer
2. Apply Visa with all supporting documents.
3. if Successful agree a joining date with your employer.

before applying visa i dont know whether your employer will release a formal offer, its depends on your employer, so you need to deal with it. COS is must from your employer.

Sv2018
Mood:
India

Post by Sv2018 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:45 pm

vsan86 wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:49 am
Sv2018 wrote:
Just quick question

1. Take COS + Conditional Offer letter or Formal Offer Letter from your employer

before applying visa i dont know whether your employer will release a formal offer, its depends on your employer, so you need to deal with it. COS is must from your employer.
Thanks vsan86, As far I know from Tier 2 Guidance document, only COS is required for the Visa application (from the company), right?

vsan86
India

Post by vsan86 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:38 pm

Sv2018 wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:45 pm
vsan86 wrote:
Sv2018 wrote:
Just quick question

Thanks vsan86, As far I know from Tier 2 Guidance document, only COS is required for the Visa application (from the company), right?
Yes, as per the guidance COS is mandatory, but you can provide some supporting documents to make the application strong.

offer letter is supporting document, but it is not mandatory.

I have provided offer letter for my change of employer visa application as a supporting document and Case worker returned it after the visa approval.

Sv2018
Mood:
India

Post by Sv2018 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:06 pm

vsan86 wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:38 pm
Sv2018 wrote:
vsan86 wrote:
Sv2018 wrote:
Just quick question

Yes, as per the guidance COS is mandatory, but you can provide some supporting documents to make the application strong.

I have provided offer letter for my change of employer visa application as a supporting document and Case worker returned it after the visa approval.
Thank you again vsan86, I can attach the formal offer but my confusion is I am in continuous employment since last year and now as per the COS my work start date will change, so do i need to get new offer letter ? because old one has start date of last year on it and if required do i need to show link between old and new start date? I am totally confused. I want to be transparent on the circumstances.

vsan86
India

Post by vsan86 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:19 pm

Sv2018 wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:06 pm
vsan86 wrote:
Sv2018 wrote:
vsan86 wrote:

Thank you again vsan86, I can attach the formal offer but my confusion is I am in continuous employment since last year and now as per the COS my work start date will change, so do i need to get new offer letter ? because old one has start date of last year on it and if required do i need to show link between old and new start date? I am totally confused. I want to be transparent on the circumstances.
it will be a new offer for you, since you will be applying from home country with new RCOS as new Hire.
if you are not on the Shortage Occupation, there should be proper RLMT conducted by your employer also.
please see the guidance.

Sv2018
Mood:
India

Post by Sv2018 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:27 pm

vsan86 wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:19 pm
Sv2018 wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:06 pm
vsan86 wrote:
Sv2018 wrote:

it will be a new offer for you, since you will be applying from home country with new RCOS as new Hire.
if you are not on the Shortage Occupation, there should be proper RLMT conducted by your employer also.
please see the guidance.
Thanks a ton vsan86. You cleared my big confusion.
Yes, my employer has conducted RLMT as the guidance and has applied for RCOS (February).
One more final question so the order of date (specifically job offer date will be first followed by COS. right?

More precisely the series of activity should be;
1) RLMT ---2)Job offer---3) RCOS application----4) allotment 5) COS----application from home country. Correct ?

Sv2018
Mood:
India

Post by Sv2018 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:34 am

CR001 wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:19 am
What documents are required from the company (A rated) if the employee currently works on ICT dependent visa , now intend to change to Tier 2 General( with promotion from the current designation, no change in the SOC code).
There is no 'special list' just because you are going from PBS dependent to Tier 2 main. You need to submit what the form states you must submit. Read the guidance notes too.

Search the forum, many who have applied for Tier 2 from home country have posted.
Hi CR001, can you share the link of this forum where previous applicant discussed about tier 2 application docs requirement ( I searched it all these days, but precisely nowhere I got the answers)

I read the guidance, where it only mentions
1) COS reference number
2) proof of your knowledge of English
3) a bank or building society statement or letter that shows you have enough personal savings (unless your certificate of sponsorship shows your sponsor can support you)
4) a current passport or travel document to prove you can travel - you need a page in your passport that’s blank on both sides for your visa
5) expired passports or travel documents if you need them to show your travel history
6) tuberculosis test results if you’re from a listed country

It also says "You may need to provide additional documents depending on your circumstances" so I am confused here what else I need.

Your inputs will be highly useful, if you can kindly response based on my circumstances (Tier 2 ICT dependent to Tier 2 General migrant)

Thanks a ton for your help so far.

Sv2018
Mood:
India

Post by Sv2018 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:26 pm

Sv2018 wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:34 am
CR001 wrote:

Hi CR001, can you share the link of this forum where previous applicant discussed about tier 2 application docs requirement ( I searched it all these days, but precisely nowhere I got the answers)

1) COS reference number
3) a bank or building society statement or letter that shows you have enough personal savings (unless your certificate of sponsorship shows your sponsor can support you)
4) a current passport or travel document to prove you can travel - you need a page in your passport that’s blank on both sides for your visa
5) expired passports or travel documents if you need them to show your travel history

It also says "You may need to provide additional documents depending on your circumstances" so I am confused here what else I need.

Your inputs will be highly useful, if you can kindly response based on my circumstances (Tier 2 ICT dependent to Tier 2 General migrant)

Hi CR001, appreciate if you can please reply.

Sv2018
Mood:
India

Post by Sv2018 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:55 pm

Sv2018 wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:26 pm
Sv2018 wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:34 am
CR001 wrote:

1) COS reference number

Hi CR001, appreciate if you can please reply.
Hello CR001, awaiting for your response kindly

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:02 pm

You need to follow the guidance and what the online application process tells you to submit.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Sv2018
Mood:
India

Legal to apply Tier 2 general while on another visa

Post by Sv2018 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:14 am

Hello members,

Just a quick question, is it legal to apply for Tier 2 general visa from home country (as new hire), if currently have another visa(ICT pbs dependent) or do I need to wait till my current pbs dependent visa expires and then apply for Tier 2 G?
Currently working under dependent but it will change to new hire under Tier 2 General.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Legal to apply Tier 2 general while on another visa

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:15 am

Just a quick question, is it legal to apply for Tier 2 general visa from home country (as new hire), if currently have another visa(ICT pbs dependent)
Yes, why would it not be?? Two different visa rules/categories.
or do I need to wait till my current pbs dependent visa expires and then apply for Tier 2 G?
No.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Sv2018
Mood:
India

Post by Sv2018 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:30 am

Thank you CR001 for your prompt response.

In that case how job offer should be provided as a supporting document, will it be brand new job offer or a formal letter to my original offer with a statement that after due RLMT as employer could not found any settled worker so regularising me as as an employee for the purpose of work visa?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:38 am

As already mentioned, you need to follow the list of supporting documents the online system tells you to submit.

It doesn't change the fact that your application might be look at more in depth to rule out 'pre-selection' as you already work for the company.

What is the SOC??
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Sv2018
Mood:
India

Post by Sv2018 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:42 am

CR001 wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:38 am
As already mentioned, you need to follow the list of supporting documents the online system tells you to submit.

It doesn't change the fact that your application might be look at more in depth to rule out 'pre-selection' as you already work for the company.

What is the SOC??

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:47 am

2112 Biological scientists and biochemists Example job tasks:
• studies the physical and chemical form, structure, composition
• and function of living organisms;
• identifies and studies the chemical substances, including microbial infections, involved in physiological processes and the progress of disease;
• performs tests to study physiological and pathological characteristics within cells and other organisms;
• researches the effects of internal and external environmental
• factors on the life processes and other functions of living organisms;
• observes the structure of communities of organisms in the laboratory and in their natural environment;
• advises farmers, medical staff and others, on the nature of field crops, livestock and produce and on the treatment and prevention of disease;
• monitors the distribution, presence and behaviour of plants, animals and aquatic life, and performs other scientific tasks related to conservation not performed by jobholders in SOC codes beginning “214”.

Related job titles:
• Biomedical scientist
• Forensic scientist
• Horticulturist
• Microbiologist
• Pathologist
One of these??
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Sv2018
Mood:
India

Re: SPONSOR'S NOTE on COS

Post by Sv2018 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:01 pm

Hi All,

One quick question if maintainence is not ticked by the sponsor during RCOS application, can a sponsor note in the assigned COS will suffice and will be acceptable to claim that sponsor will support the migrant for the maintenance during 1st month of employment?