ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help: life in the uk deception

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Jasonbourne2027
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Help: life in the uk deception

Post by Jasonbourne2027 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:09 am

Hi

I'm postin on behalf of a friend. SHe has lived in the uk for 6 years and has indefinite leave to remain. She is married to a British citizen but not under uk law, only Islamic. And she has one child. She got IRL of her own accord.
Now what's happened is she was under pressure from her husband to pass her life in the uk test. Stupidly, she has contacted someone to help her cheat via headphones, as in telling her the answers. She was caught with the headphones and told to leave.

Now she knows perfectly well that what she has done is horrible, and she feels awful about it, and has never done anything like this before. Only problem is, what happens now? Will she get in trouble?

I have searched all over the Internet but can't find any cases like this. I'm trying to help her as she's very stressed and regrets this deeply

Thank you

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Help: life in the uk deception

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:21 am

These are sections from the guide for applicants - https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... feb-18.pdf:
"Staff at test centres will report any attempts at cheating or pressure to provide false
results applied to them through bribery, physical threats or emotional blackmail. This may
result in your prosecution. Any naturalisation application based on false results will fail."
"Deception
If you have practised deception in your dealings with the Home Office or other
Government Departments (for example by providing false information or fraudulent
documents) this will be taken in to account in considering whether you meet the good
character requirement. Your application will be refused if you have attempted to deceive the Home Office within the last 10 years."
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Jasonbourne2027
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Jasonbourne2027 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:24 am

Thanks very much for your reply. Yes Iv read the information. To be honest she's terrified the police will turn up or worse that she'll be deported and have to leave her husband. She's thinking all sorts at the moment as she hasn't heard anything in the past two weeks

gaffarn
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by gaffarn » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:54 am

Can I ask why a second life in uk test was necessary for naturalisation?

She had done a life in uk test for Indefinite leave to remain and did she cheat on that one?

Jasonbourne2027
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Jasonbourne2027 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:02 pm

No that's the weird thing. She was treated badly by her ex husband, and this was over 6 years ago. So she was given indefinite leave to remain without doing a life in the uk test.
She just did it now due to pressure from her husband to get her British passport so it's easier for her

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by makky86 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:07 pm

Jasonbourne2027 wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:02 pm
No that's the weird thing. She was treated badly by her ex husband, and this was over 6 years ago. So she was given indefinite leave to remain without doing a life in the uk test.
She just did it now due to pressure from her husband to get her British passport so it's easier for her
Normally its not common to get ILR without Life in UK test except some medical conditions. I highly doubt she'll be deported but may not be able to apply for citizenship for years. I'd expect some sort of communication from home office or other authorities.

I'd advise her to be calm and don't panic too much. She has made extremely daft mistake which she'll pay for it! But I don't expect her ILR to revoked or deported unless she used some deception to get that.

Any reason she has not yet registered the marriage in UK?
II Youths a stuff neve endures II

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:13 pm

makky86 wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:07 pm
Normally its not common to get ILR without Life in UK test except some medical conditions. I highly doubt she'll be deported but may not be able to apply for citizenship for years. I'd expect some sort of communication from home office or other authorities.
gaffarn wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:54 am
Can I ask why a second life in uk test was necessary for naturalisation?

She had done a life in uk test for Indefinite leave to remain and did she cheat on that one?
ILR based on DV does not require LIUK, as the OP has stated.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:15 pm

makky86 wrote:
Where has the OP stated anything about this and how is this relevant to the question being asked?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by makky86 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:23 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:15 pm
makky86 wrote:
Where has the OP stated anything about this and how is this relevant to the question being asked?
I'm postin on behalf of a friend. SHe has lived in the uk for 6 years and has indefinite leave to remain. She is married to a British citizen but not under uk law, only Islamic. And she has one child. She got IRL of her own accord.
In worst case scenario ,deportation, having British spouse would help I guess ! Sorry if its irrelevant.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:26 pm

makky86 wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:23 pm
CR001 wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:15 pm
makky86 wrote:
In worst case scenario ,deportation, having British spouse would help I guess ! Sorry if its irrelevant.
Missed the islamic marriage bit. I need a coffee!!! :oops:
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Jasonbourne2027
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Jasonbourne2027 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:45 pm

makky86 wrote:
Jasonbourne2027 wrote:

I'd advise her to be calm and don't panic too much. She has made extremely daft mistake which she'll pay for it! But I don't expect her ILR to revoked or deported unless she used some deception to get that.

Thanks for the advice. Yes she was really silly, she was perfectly capable of passing normally, just let anxiety get hold of her I suppose. Yes she's had severe depression too so that might haven't been involved in her case

Yeah that's relevant, I see why you're asking, but no British spouse, just partner. ex husband didn't want to divorce her, so took ages to finalise. So she's living with a partner in the U.K., she's islamically married to him

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by makky86 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:08 pm

Jasonbourne2027 wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:45 pm
makky86 wrote:
Jasonbourne2027 wrote:

Thanks for the advice. Yes she was really silly, she was perfectly capable of passing normally, just let anxiety get hold of her I suppose. Yes she's had severe depression too so that might haven't been involved in her case

Yeah that's relevant, I see why you're asking, but no British spouse, just partner. ex husband didn't want to divorce her, so took ages to finalise. So she's living with a partner in the U.K., she's islamically married to him
I'd suggest her to get the marriage legalized as soon as possible. Islamic marriage is not considered marraige as per UK law.

You mentioned she has daughter. Is she from current husband of former partner? Does she has British nationality?

Jasonbourne2027
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Jasonbourne2027 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:16 pm

makky86 wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:08 pm
Jasonbourne2027 wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:45 pm
makky86 wrote:
Jasonbourne2027 wrote:

I'd suggest her to get the marriage legalized as soon as possible. Islamic marriage is not considered marraige as per UK law.

You mentioned she has daughter. Is she from current husband of former partner? Does she has British nationality?
True. Yes daughters a British national

IcikePicike
Hungary

Post by IcikePicike » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:38 am

She needs to leave that bullying "husband" of hers, gain her own independence and decide what she wants. She is making bad, panicked decisions because he is taking her confidence away.

She has ILR so she can apply for British citizenship on her own accord. She doesn't need him.

Jasonbourne2027
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Jasonbourne2027 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:03 am

Yes you're right there but I suppose his intentions must have been good, he wanted her to pass herself, he didn't know she cheated till she had already gone through with it.
And unfortunately that doesn't solve the issue of how she's sort of caught in limbo, she doesn't know what will happen from now. She has siblings in the uk, and a child so is worried about the home office deporting her