ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Over 6 months in a year in UK!! Applying UK Spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Henrywiwi
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Over 6 months in a year in UK!! Applying UK Spouse visa

Post by Henrywiwi » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:21 pm

Hi, I am a Malaysian and would like to apply for a UK spouse visa to join my partner in UK. We married since March 2017. I travelled to UK in mid June and stay for 2 months and 2 week. Then we went to Rome, Italy for our honeymoon for a long weekend. After that we back again to UK and I extend my stay to another 4 months 1 week until beginning of January 2018 for celebrating her birthday, Christmas and New Year.

Now I am planning to apply spouse visa at dated 8th March via priority service. Is it OK? Now the total I stayed in UK is 6 months and 3 weeks in a year will there be an issue to apply my visa.?

FYI. I am Malaysian passport holder and is visa free up to 6 months. Each visit to UK, I received the stay up to 6 months.

Can you please advise.

Thanks.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Over 6 months in a year in UK!! Applying UK Spouse visa

Post by Wanderer » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:47 pm

Well it's a bit naughty but won't affect a spouse visa. You'll have to apply from home though.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Henrywiwi
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Re: Over 6 months in a year in UK!! Applying UK Spouse visa

Post by Henrywiwi » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:14 am

Thanks. Yes I am in my home country now and will be applying here. So the 6 months out of 1 year calendar is not relevant now? I heard a lot of people mentioned but never see it even i check on the government website.