ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Application - Assistance?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jas

ILR Application - Assistance?

Post by jas » Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:30 pm

Hello,

I have completed more than 6 years in UK on WP, and wish to apply for ILR but have a doubt on following - please if anyone could advise as appropriate.

1) I had three WPs in last six years - will this be an issue? But no break in WP Visa and all WPs with the same employer.

2) Around one and half year ago (in 2006), I had an absence of little less than 5 months and it was my job that required me to work from India for the duration. No break in employment. My employer won't give a specific letter to explain this absence, however have given a letter confirming that I am with them since years. Is this letter sufficient?

3) Do I need any tax documentation along with the ILR application?

Any advise or suggestion is appreciated.

Thanks.

balajo
BANNED

Post by balajo » Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:51 am

Strange the employer won't give you a letter for the time you worked for him outside of the country. I think your payslips would indicate that you were working for him despite being outside of the country and that would be your go around. If you can get copies of your expense reports that you submitted while on business, that might be useful.