ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Medical

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

VillaLion
Newly Registered

Medical

Post by VillaLion » Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:14 pm

My wife is attending a medical tomorrow, and I'm curious as to know what this includes? What tests will she be undergoing?

Also, we have not been invited for an interview, and I've seen from previous posts that the interview come's before the medical. Does this mean we won't be needing an interview or does it not work in any strict order?
How long after the medical will the visa be issued if successful?

Questions questions questions! Thanks for your help in advance. :)

sanaullah
Newly Registered

Post by sanaullah » Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:17 pm

which country has your wife applied in

VillaLion
Newly Registered

Post by VillaLion » Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:23 pm

Kolkata, India

VillaLion
Newly Registered

Post by VillaLion » Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:20 pm

Any chance of a reply before the medical?

:)

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:00 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

VillaLion
Newly Registered

Post by VillaLion » Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:13 am

That's great - thanks for the information.

One more thing: does it mean that since we got a medical the visa has been provisionally accepted awaiting the medical report?

I found this on the High Com website:

"Medical examinations
You may have to have a medical examination after your visa has been authorised but before it is placed into your passport. This depends on the type of visa you are applying for and the conditions laid down by the British High Commission or Deputy High Commission. If you need a medical examination, we will tell you how to arrange this once the visa has been authorised."

Sammie

Post by Sammie » Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:52 am

VillaLion wrote:One more thing: does it mean that since we got a medical the visa has been provisionally accepted awaiting the medical report?
It would appear so.

Congrats!!
:)
Visa: Spouse
Submitted: 12/03/08 (Mirpur VAC, PAkistan)
Time Elapsed:10 Working Days
Result: VISA ISSUED 28/03/2008
ILR App: 18/03/2010-28/03/2010
ILR App Sent: 25/03/2010
ILR Received: 30/07/2010 - YAY!!

VillaLion
Newly Registered

Post by VillaLion » Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:19 am

Well I'm staggered that our visa has been issued subject to passing the medical checks. Just got back from the VFS office and they have confirmed this, and that we should now receive our visa within the next 12 working days. No interview was nessacary, which is amazing as if I am to be honest I was a bit worried after submitting our documents and then reading on this forum the detail and length that others have gone to.

What an incredibly stressful time though, and we didn't go through any problems at all. If I was to go through all of this again I would certainly put a lot more preparation into getting the nessacary documents and put them in an orderly manner. This might help relieve the stress somewhat.

Anyway, thanks for all the information passed on by the members of this board - I'm overwhelmed at how helpful and knowledgeable the mods are.