ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for baby born in the UK

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Mawi88
United Kingdom

ILR for baby born in the UK

Post by Mawi88 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:37 am

Dear all,

Me and my wife are current on a Tier 2 visa and soon we will be applying for ILR. 2 years ago we have been blessed by a new born baby girl who we applied for tier 2 visa so she could travel with us.

Me and my wife are going to apply for ILR soon (through premium service if possible), however we are not so sure about what to do for our child.

1. Should apply for ILR for her (our child) with us ?

2. Or should I apply for ILR for me and my wife only and after obtaining the ILR for ourselves register my child as a British citizen ? is she even eligible for registration as a British citizen ?

Your thoughts on this matter are much appreciated.

Kind regards,
Mawi

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR for baby born in the UK

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:42 am

1. Should apply for ILR for her (our child) with us ?
Not necessary if you plan on registering the child as British.
2. Or should I apply for ILR for me and my wife only and after obtaining the ILR for ourselves register my child as a British citizen ? is she even eligible for registration as a British citizen ?
Your choice, but child does not need ILR to register if UK born.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Mawi88
United Kingdom

Post by Mawi88 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:18 am

sounds good thank you !!

Would the child sill be eligible for registration as a British citizen if at the time of child birth i didn't have an ILR and i only had a Tier 2 ?

Regards,
Mawi

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:48 am

Mawi88 wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:18 am
Would the child sill be eligible for registration as a British citizen if at the time of child birth i didn't have an ILR and i only had a Tier 2 ?
YES! That is the whole point of MN1 under section 1(3) of the nationality act. The child has an entitlement to be registered as British once EITHER parent is granted ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

arunkmajumdar
India

Post by arunkmajumdar » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:47 am

I am exactly in the same boat. We booked for a premium service on 20 March in Croydon. Lets see. Thanks

fingerstyle
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Post by fingerstyle » Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:37 pm

Hi,

Care to share your experience and outcome please? :)

Thank you