ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 dependent visa extension, partner on ILR

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Mansi25
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Tier 2 dependent visa extension, partner on ILR

Post by Mansi25 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:06 pm

Hi

I currently hold Indefinite leave to remain while my husband has tier 2 dependent visa. He was initially granted visa for one year and few months as my tier 2 was due to expire in that time. Now we are going to renew/extend my husband's tier 2 dependent visa although I am on ILR.

When I complete the PBS dependent - Partner form on the UK immigration and visa website, I am asked a few initial questions about my status. One is about the expiration of my CoS if it is valid for greater than or less than 3 years. Now as I have ILR now, my immigration adviser at work has confirmed that I no longer hold a CoS. I have called the home office a few times with regards to advice on how to complete this question. One person said I should contact an immigration adviser. Another said I should complete it based on my last CoS.

My last CoS was issued in 2015 and valid for less than 3 years. If I choose the option that CoS valid for less than 3 years, does that impact my husband's length of visa issued? Or will be still get a 3 years visa?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 dependent visa extension, partner on ILR

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:01 pm

Assuming you got ILR based on the PBS route and not long residence.

He needs to apply alone.

An extension will be granted for 3 years, as stated in the immigration rules.

immigration-for-family-members/dependan ... 14832.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vrajput
Newly Registered
India

Post by vrajput » Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:02 pm

Dear Mansi,
Hope your husband got the visa extension.
I am in the exact same situation. I have an ILR (got it in Feb 2018) and my wife's Tier 2 dependent visa is expiring in November 2018. I am trying to fill the Tier 2 PBS dependent visa extension form but I am not sure what to put in the columns where it asks expiry of my tier 2 visa and details for COS.
i wonder if you could help me please.

Regards
Vishal.

ajavedhussain3585
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by ajavedhussain3585 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:36 pm

vrajput wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:02 pm
Dear Mansi,
Hope your husband got the visa extension.
I am in the exact same situation. I have an ILR (got it in Feb 2018) and my wife's Tier 2 dependent visa is expiring in November 2018. I am trying to fill the Tier 2 PBS dependent visa extension form but I am not sure what to put in the columns where it asks expiry of my tier 2 visa and details for COS.
i wonder if you could help me please.

Regards
Vishal.
Hi Vishal,

I am in a same situation, I received my ILR last week and my wife's PBS dependent visa is expiring next month and she needs another one year to meet the ILR requirement. Can you please share if you received any advice from anyone?

Kind regards
AJ