ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tracking number - passport delivery with DX

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kiks
Romania

Tracking number - passport delivery with DX

Post by kiks » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:31 pm

Hello,
Is there a way you can obtain a tracking number from DX company to find out when your passport will arrive? After the ceremony is it something I should contact HO or council for? Thank you

gaffarn
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Tracking number - passport delivery with DX

Post by gaffarn » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:41 pm

I contacted the homeoffice and they said I should wait for 20 days before I contact passport office, I ignored that and contacted the passport office through their online form (because I applied by post) on their website yesterday (there is a form you fill) and got and email from them today to say that they are doing final checks and they can't tell me more. I am guessing it will arrive maybe next week or the week after. its still within that 20 days timeframe.

But if you applied for passport online you can track it on the website directly with no need to contact them and wait for an email. But I'm not sure if that online application is for first passport whether you need to fill the paper application for that, anyway I did the paper application when I did my naturalisation application through NCS together with passport application same time at my local council.

gaffarn
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by gaffarn » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:44 pm

plabo
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by plabo » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:03 pm

Not applicable to this question posted.

plabo
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by plabo » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:04 pm

kiks wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:31 pm
Hello,
Is there a way you can obtain a tracking number from DX company to find out when your passport will arrive? After the ceremony is it something I should contact HO or council for? Thank you
Call DX every day and give them your name and postcode and ask if anything is getting delivered. They will give you a tracking number (only after passport office has handed them your passport)

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by makky86 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:10 pm

plabo wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:04 pm
kiks wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:31 pm
Hello,
Call DX every day and give them your name and postcode and ask if anything is getting delivered. They will give you a tracking number (only after passport office has handed them your passport)
This is the best solution. I remember I did same when I was waiting for ILR card. I started chat and gave all details they gave me the tracking number.
II Youths a stuff neve endures II

kiks
Romania

Post by kiks » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:53 pm

Thank you all for your replies.
I,ve emailed dx directly- they replied today that in fact they have parcel for me and gave me details with tracking number.
The only issue is now that lady in email specified that delivery is due today between 8-18. Thats ok with me but upon checking on webiste with tracking number they provided it shows due for delivery on 15th. Whats up with that? Does DX leave some kind of a note if I will be out? Thank you

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by makky86 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:56 pm

kiks wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:53 pm
I,ve emailed dx directly- they replied today that in fact they have parcel for me and gave me details with tracking number.
The only issue is now that lady in email specified that delivery is due today between 8-18. Thats ok with me but upon checking on webiste with tracking number they provided it shows due for delivery on 15th. Whats up with that? Does DX leave some kind of a note if I will be out? Thank you
No. You better be checking your window every 10-15 minutes. Theyre the worst. They might keep item somewhere unsafe or just go back even without knocking at your door ! Just keep an eye
II Youths a stuff neve endures II

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:03 pm

makky86 wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:56 pm
kiks wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:53 pm
No. You better be checking your window every 10-15 minutes. Theyre the worst. They might keep item somewhere unsafe or just go back even without knocking at your door ! Just keep an eye
Or pop it through the post box like many members (myself included) received it.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kiks
Romania

Post by kiks » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:33 pm

Oh dear- thanks for the heads up. Hopefully this will end soon.
Regards

kiks
Romania

Post by kiks » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:12 pm

Happy to report that DX delivery man buzzed in and delivered passport just now. Thank you all for help!

colinjg

Post by colinjg » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:23 pm

Or when phoned, claim to have attempted delivery 5 mins earlier, when I've been home for the last 40 minutes looking out the front window to the street and waiting. No delivery vehicles. No missed delivery card. No text message/call. Funny, given that the attempt was supposedly made at 525 pm, 25 mins after the delivery window ended. More likely the driver just wanted to go home. Oh well, rearranged to a work delivery 9-5 tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

mrgs1
Member of Standing

Post by mrgs1 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:25 pm

Everyone has a different story. We had no communication from HMPO or DX, just a knock on the door and "Here's your passport".

gaffarn
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by gaffarn » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:24 am

DX just popped it into the letter box with no signature yesterday. Their website says its due for delivery today 16th Feb, it arrived a day earlier.