ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wife false allegation for IRL?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Fair
Newly Registered

Re: Wife false allegation for IRL?

Post by Fair » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:41 am

Our marriage certificate isn’t registered with NADRA, we got married in Azad Kashmir, Mirpur. Will it be the same process?

leicesterer

Post by leicesterer » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:55 am

Hi
Yes process will be the same. Because Nikah Khawan (Molvi) was given Nikah register by the Govt. of Azad Kashmir, and once Nikah completed it is responsibility of Molvi sahib to register the marriage with local govt. so you will receive you divorce letter from NADRA, as you marriage was already registered with the govt.
Regards

FaeLLe
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by FaeLLe » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:14 pm

Since your wife has charged domestic violence charges against you that gives her grounds to apply for ILR under excruciating circumstances.

Formalise the divorce, notify home office and fight for your rights. If she cannot prove the charges then counter sue for defemation.

Removal proceedings will be initated against her when the court reaches a decision and you have notified Home Office of breakdown in relationship.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:27 pm

FaeLLe wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:14 pm
Since your wife has charged domestic violence charges against you that gives her grounds to apply for ILR under excruciating circumstances.

Formalise the divorce, notify home office and fight for your rights. If she cannot prove the charges then counter sue for defemation.

Removal proceedings will be initated against her when the court reaches a decision and you have notified Home Office of breakdown in relationship.
Not correct. The spouse is in the UK under the EEA/EU rules and the OP is not British, so ILR SET DV would not apply.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

FaeLLe
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by FaeLLe » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:48 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:27 pm
FaeLLe wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:14 pm

Not correct. The spouse is in the UK under the EEA/EU rules and the OP is not British, so ILR SET DV would not apply.
Sorry I misread

seasky
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by seasky » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:36 pm

Fair wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:12 am

May be there are info above that will not benefit anyone, but as long as people are aware that being from the UK and going for marriage back home can conceal a danger, weather you are a men or women both are at risk of being a victim of a calculated plan.
That is not the conclusion. The conclusion is that arranged marriages are a farce. You marry someone you have spent enough time with to know about and that you have fallen in love with. You for some reason wanted an arranged marriage fair enough, how do you know she wanted it?

You also have an antiquated approach to class. You said she was poor but you were OK with it anyways. Who cares how much money your mates family has ??? Would you be OK if someone said she/he was muslim but were OK with it anyways?? Of course not

Fair
Newly Registered

Post by Fair » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:50 pm

Millions of people get married with the marriage being arranged and they are happy who are you to force your personal life choices on others??? Just because you don’t like it or don’t comprehend it, please keep your opinion in your pocket.
We all free to do what we like as long we don’t harm others.
I don’t have any issues with someone marrying with it being arranged or love, what ever makes the couple happy right? why people subject there life choices on others? (I’m asking anyone to reply to this question)

seasky
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by seasky » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:03 pm

Fair wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:50 pm
Millions of people get married with the marriage being arranged and they are happy who are you to force your personal life choices on others??? Just because you don’t like it or don’t comprehend it, please keep your opinion in your pocket.
We all free to do what we like as long we don’t harm others.
I don’t have any issues with someone marrying with it being arranged or love, what ever makes the couple happy right? why people subject there life choices on others? (I’m asking anyone to reply to this question)
Dude. You started with an opinion that basically boils down to "marrying someone from Pakistan has dangers" (matters little that you come from there. She could have married a lesbian Christian priest born in Sweden if her goal was to fake her way into UK) I am allowed my opinion too (this is the UK). I have no problem with arranged marriages if both sides freely want that. But you can't really know can u?

seasky
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by seasky » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:06 pm

I suspect this sw changes f@ke into bad quality.( test fake)

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:18 pm

This thread is fast becoming disrespectful. If it continues and strays further from the initial request for immigration advice, it will have to be locked. The purpose of the forum certainly isn't to judge others. :!:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Fair
Newly Registered

Post by Fair » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:22 pm

Yes exactly I apologies for posting my personal opinions I shouldn’t have, however there are informations that can help someone.

Thanks to those who provided information regarding divorce, and other.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:43 pm

Fair wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:22 pm
Yes exactly I apologies for posting my personal opinions I shouldn’t have, however there are informations that can help someone.

Thanks to those who provided information regarding divorce, and other.
My comments weren't directed at you personally Fair. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:53 pm

I think this individuals is clearly mistaking an arranged marriage with a forced marriage. A forced marriage is a criminal offence, an arranged marriage is perfectly fine and it is agreed by both parties. In all normal arranged marriages, both parties are consulted and they are happy for the marriage to proceed.

In the Asian subcontinent, until recently, the majority of marriages were arranged and it worked perfectly well. They had less divorce rate than us in the west. I have see many Pakistan and Indian family whose marriage was arranged. I was infact fortunate to meet a Nice Pakistan man few days ago who has been happily married via arranged marriage for 50 years now and blessed with 3 adult children, one of whom had applied for him to settle in the UK.

So your views is unsupported by any facts.

OP regarding your wife's issue, you just got to let the process run it course and file for a divorce if you cannot reconcile your difference.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

seasky
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by seasky » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:56 am

There have been insinuations on this thread that "Asian men have a higher propensity of being spousal abusers" (Asia is 60% of the world population or was this meant to be subcontinent? or Pakistani?)

When doing an arranged marriage with a young woman from a very poor family (to a "UK Living Westerner" which might seem a huge upgrade) do we know of the free will?

If two people trust others to make their marriage decisions for them, that is fair enough (and is common in many cultures from Muslim Pakistanis to Jewish Hasidim). One cannot really know if she had free will here, can we?

No free will=forced marriage.

Many arranged marriages work great (though many are also in cultures where divorce is frowned about, so divorce is not a true representation of "work great")

By my point (relating to immigration) is when you bring over a dependent you don't know that is the larger chance that s/he is fraud than that they are from a poor family in Pakistan. If you knew her well (even as a poor Pakistani) the chances of this would be lower

zzzindagi

Post by zzzindagi » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:51 pm

seasky wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:56 am
There have been insinuations on this thread that "Asian men have a higher propensity of being spousal abusers" (Asia is 60% of the world population or was this meant to be subcontinent? or Pakistani?)

When doing an arranged marriage with a young woman from a very poor family (to a "UK Living Westerner" which might seem a huge upgrade) do we know of the free will?

If two people trust others to make their marriage decisions for them, that is fair enough (and is common in many cultures from Muslim Pakistanis to Jewish Hasidim). One cannot really know if she had free will here, can we?

Many arranged marriages work great (though many are also in cultures where divorce is frowned about, so divorce is not a true representation of "work great")

By my point (relating to immigration) is when you bring over a dependent you don't know that is the larger chance that s/he is fraud than that they are from a poor family in Pakistan. If you knew her well (even as a poor Pakistani) the chances of this would be lower
Who told you there is no free will in arranged marriages?? If you dont know what an arranged marriage is then don't comment on that. The arranged marriage cannot take place without the will of both parsons marrying each other. Forced marriages are mainly reffered to females only.Here a male who is fully independent did an arranged marriage on his free will and girls who is poor but educated. In arrange marriages both parties consult from their elders before marrying each other. Sometime elders in the family look for a suitable man or women and ask from both if they agree on it. Even the person who is registering marriage will ask from both if they both agree to marry each other.

You said that if he knew her well before marriage the chances would have been lower. You missed to read that even after living one year as husband and wife OP could not guess what is going on in her mind. Until last month he was under impression that his wife loves him alot and happily living with him.
ZR

seasky
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by seasky » Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:02 pm

zzzindagi wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:51 pm
seasky wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:56 am

Who told you there is no free will in arranged marriages?? If you dont know what an arranged marriage is then don't comment on that. The arranged marriage cannot take place without the will of both parsons marrying each other. Forced marriages are mainly reffered to females only.Here a male who is fully independent did an arranged marriage on his free will and girls who is poor but educated. In arrange marriages both parties consult from their elders before marrying each other. Sometime elders in the family look for a suitable man or women and ask from both if they agree on it. Even the person who is registering marriage will ask from both if they both agree to marry each other.

You said that if he knew her well before marriage the chances would have been lower. You missed to read that even after living one year as husband and wife OP could not guess what is going on in her mind. Until last month he was under impression that his wife loves him alot and happily living with him.
I have no doubt the OP was free will.

I did not say that arranged marriage is not freewill. I said it is much higher chance. The pressures on a young lady from a poor family to marry "a westerner" could be such that it was not free will. Of course in any specific case, like this one we have no idea exactly what her will was, do we?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:52 pm

Time to close this thread I believe...having run well off-topic.
(Casa, not CR001)