ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR on Paper - does he need BRP Card??

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

imi99999
Mood:
Pakistan

ILR on Paper - does he need BRP Card??

Post by imi99999 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:09 pm

Hi All
Inquiring about my neighbour 71 years old pensioner.

He has received ILR stamped on immigration document in 2012 as he didn't had Pakistani passport at the time.

Just wondering, in order to travel to Pakistan will he need his ILR on biomatric residency permit or can he travel on paper visa to Pakistan and back.

imi99999
Mood:
Pakistan

Can I travel on Immigration status document

Post by imi99999 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:01 am

Hi
Inquiring about my neighbour 71 years old pensioner. He has received ILR stamped on immigration status document in 2012 as he didn't had Pakistani passport at the time. Just wondering, in order to travel to Pakistan will he need his ILR on biomatric residency permit or can he travel on his immigration status document and return back to UK

krisbol17
Wales

Re: Can I travel on Immigration status document

Post by krisbol17 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:14 am

My understanding is you must have a passport or at least a travel document to travel internationally. He could apply for a passport from his embassy because I'm not sure airlines will allow him to travel without a valid passport.

I think he might be required to convert his Immigration Status Document into BRP by applying for the BRP.

In Summary, BRP and Passport to travel.

imi99999
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Can I travel on Immigration status document

Post by imi99999 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:42 am

Thanks for the reply
He has been issued Pakistani passport 6 months ago. So he has the passport and immigration status document confirming ILR.
Question is can he travel on Pakistani passport and immigration status document or he must need to transfer his ISD to NTL no time limit on BRP card for travel