ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

February 2018 Restricted COS

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

balu04vn
Mood:
India

Re: February 2018 Restricted COS

Post by balu04vn » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:43 am

Hopeful42 wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:41 am
cali1234 wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:35 am
hi ,

how is it possible that someone with 43 was accepted and a 44 was rejected . I doubt this is true
I think the 43 was a doctor, and we know last month a couple of doctors were accepted at 30 points so they might be making a couple of exceptions there again...either that or some points haven’t been calculated correctly...
Yes 43 might be doctor with special case they would have approved.

cali1234
- thin ice -
Sri Lanka

Post by cali1234 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:46 am

Hopeful42 wrote:
cali1234 wrote:
hi ,

how is it possible that someone with 43 was accepted and a 44 was rejected . I doubt this is true
I think the 43 was a doctor, and we know last month a couple of doctors were accepted at 30 points so they might be making a couple of exceptions there again...either that or some points haven’t been calculated correctly...
yes but a doctor who is not on the SOC , will not be given exceptional consideration , unless the NHS has requested to do so.

my concern is if 44 has been rejected , and 34 has been rejected why is it that that the applicants in between have not received a decision yet .

Surely , they would go in an order and not just reject or accept randomly

Hopeful42
Singapore

Post by Hopeful42 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:54 am

cali1234 wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:46 am
Hopeful42 wrote:
cali1234 wrote:
hi ,

yes but a doctor who is not on the SOC , will not be given exceptional consideration , unless the NHS has requested to do so.

my concern is if 44 has been rejected , and 34 has been rejected why is it that that the applicants in between have not received a decision yet .

Surely , they would go in an order and not just reject or accept randomly
The poster that has been giving us updates from their Facebook group said that the applicants that got through with 30 last month were not SOC either. My feeling is that they’re either giving some doctors special consideration or maybe HO made an error thinking their specialty was SOC but really wasn’t.

I wouldn’t look anything into the timing of the refusals. It was very random last month as well. I say they already know what the cut off will be but it will take time to send refusals to everyone scoring under that.

Hopeful42
Singapore

Post by Hopeful42 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:58 am

I’m really interested to see which way the 45 point applications go this month because I’ve long thought there would be masses of these. If the backlogs of this score aren’t cleared this month then it will probably be impossible for anyone under that applying in March which is terrible.
Last edited by Hopeful42 on Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

cali1234
- thin ice -
Sri Lanka

Post by cali1234 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:01 am

I do not think the home office would make a mistake as anyone on the SOC does not need a RLMT to be performed, maybe they were given special consideration.

but what is strange is that so far no one seems to have any positive news , and I doubt that the home office would be keen to keep rejecting our applications , after all they wouldn't want businesses to suffer due to this.

I am extremely frustrated that we as expats who are extremely talented in our respective fields and have been given a job due to our talents have been made to suffer and wait.

I have quit my previous job because I got this role and now I seem to be waiting like an idiot at home , which is very frustrating

cali1234
- thin ice -
Sri Lanka

Post by cali1234 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:07 am

I dont really understand their logic , it is really easy for them to borrow RCOS from the coming months , clear out the backlog and then make adjustments through out the year to balance the number of RCOS given out as usually there have always been more RCOS to offer and fewer applicants,
I am sure they could have solved this problem quite easily, if they really used their brains a bit

sptula
Member of Standing
India

Post by sptula » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:09 am

cali1234 wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:07 am
I dont really understand their logic , it is really easy for them to borrow RCOS from the coming months , clear out the backlog and then make adjustments through out the year to balance the number of RCOS given out as usually there have always been more RCOS to offer and fewer applicants,
I am sure they could have solved this problem quite easily, if they really used their brains a bit
As per their guidelines, they can borrow only upto 100 fromnext months

By the way, is this your first attempt for RCOS ?

Hopeful42
Singapore

Post by Hopeful42 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:11 am

cali1234 wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:01 am
I do not think the home office would make a mistake as anyone on the SOC does not need a RLMT to be performed, maybe they were given special consideration.

but what is strange is that so far no one seems to have any positive news , and I doubt that the home office would be keen to keep rejecting our applications , after all they wouldn't want businesses to suffer due to this.

I am extremely frustrated that we as expats who are extremely talented in our respective fields and have been given a job due to our talents have been made to suffer and wait.

I have quit my previous job because I got this role and now I seem to be waiting like an idiot at home , which is very frustrating
Yes it is extremely frustrating and stressful and seems very ridiculous.

Of course HO wouldn’t be keen to keep rejecting our applications but sadly their hands are tied by a migration quota that hasn’t kept up with the current situation in the UK.

Plabber_123
India

Post by Plabber_123 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:12 am

Hey guys, I apologize. Things started off so well this month. Yes, it does seem that the home office picks a few doctors at the start of every month's allocation meeting and approves their CoS. No-one knows on what basis this is done.

I am still waiting too. My points are either 45 or 36 depending on if my HR put my gross or basic salary. I wish I had some encouraging words for April but I really do not see how this huge backlog will be cleared up then.

cali1234
- thin ice -
Sri Lanka

Post by cali1234 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:14 am

no second attempt. and it is frustrating because I am waiting to start my job.
I already told my friends , had a farewell party because I am leaving and now this !!!!

sptula
Member of Standing
India

Post by sptula » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:14 am

Plabber_123 wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:12 am
Hey guys, I apologize. Things started off so well this month. Yes, it does seem that the home office picks a few doctors at the start of every month's allocation meeting and approves their CoS. No-one knows on what basis this is done.

I am still waiting too. My points are either 45 or 36 depending on if my HR put my gross or basic salary. I wish I had some encouraging words for April but I really do not see how this huge backlog will be cleared up then.
Thanks for the inputs

Do you know if the approved doctors, have they been also approved exceptionally outside monthly quota ?

cali1234
- thin ice -
Sri Lanka

Post by cali1234 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:17 am

Plabber_123 wrote:

its not your fault mate .. we still dont know the outcome as yet , so far one 34 has been rejected and someone with 44 also claims the same , but I have doubts on the poster with 44 points. so fingers crossed

cali1234
- thin ice -
Sri Lanka

Post by cali1234 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:19 am

if things continue this way what about the people who have points in their 20's they would have to wait so long to get accepted

Hopeful42
Singapore

Post by Hopeful42 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:24 am

Plabber_123 wrote:

If the government don’t want to raise the yearly quota then the only sensible solution I see to this madness is exempting NHS from the cap (still doing RLMT though) thereby freeing up more space for everyone else. I know the government has drawn a strong line to cut down migration but surely nobody could complain if the extras were to help the health service? It’s just going to hurt patients.

cali1234
- thin ice -
Sri Lanka

Post by cali1234 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:27 am

hopeful easier would be to change their guidelines, borrow 2000 RCOS from the year 2018 and clear the backlog and then they can always make adjustments throughout the year and still maintain their migration quota

Hopeful42
Singapore

Post by Hopeful42 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:31 am

cali1234 wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:19 am
if things continue this way what about the people who have points in their 20's they would have to wait so long to get accepted
I’m not in the 20s but I’m fairly certain my RLMT is going to expire before I get mine as will a lot of people’s.

Re borrowing from 2018: if they do that then they’ve breached the 20700 annual limit and while none of us will have a problem with that the government won’t allow it because they’ve been very vocal about their migration targets.

nts18982008
Newly Registered
Mood:
Australia

Post by nts18982008 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:33 am

In a similar boat to many on here. I have 40 points, was refused in January and waiting to hear back for February. I think most of us can appreciate that when demand outweighs supply like it has these past couple of months then it will result in disappointment for some and bit of a wait. It's incredibly frustrating and the uncertainty has implications for all of us in our personal lives but those are the rules when it comes to contolled, skilled migration and unfortunately it seems we will just have to wait.

What I'm struggling to understand is how UKVI is handling a process which, to me at least, should be pretty straightforward: by the 5th of the month they receive n applications, if it's more than they have available in that month then they just order them by points (which are really simply calculated at the point the RCOS is applied for) and work their way down the list.

However, all this discussion of exceptional approvals, borrowing RCOS from future months, non-shortage NHS staff getting approvals, decisions being made in a seemingly random order etc. just implies that something is a little bit broken. I do have sympathy for UKVI to a certain extent as they are hamstrung by a limit that hasn't adjusted in years but the fact we have 20 page threads on here the last couple of months that just descend into speculation and guesswork suggests to me that something may have to change and unfortunately "time" isn't going to solve this for everyone.

Anyway, hang in there and best of luck.

cali1234
- thin ice -
Sri Lanka

Post by cali1234 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:42 am

well at least u would hope that they would clear out all the 40's this month so that the 30's and 20's could be cleared next month.
Escpecially considering we add value to their economy, and are infact even paying a NHS surcharge and do not claim benefits of any kind.
Bottom line is we are helping UK businesses grow and progress and intern helping the country benefit as well. this is not fair to us , it would just make people in the future not want to go work in the UK if such a situation continues.
Migration in the Uk anyways has fallen considerably , everyone from Europe is going back to their own country , as you can already witness what impact this has had on the NHS. surely they should take this into account and increase the quota for skilled workers

thisB
Canada

Post by thisB » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:46 am

Rejected with 30 points, second rejection - third application. The first we cancelled due to RLMT error.

krimurthy
India

Post by krimurthy » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:49 am

My RLMT start date was from Dec 7 that means it will be valid till June. Looks like April is the solution for me with 42 points.

Disappointing. I thought I will travel on April 20 as my tentative DoJ is 23 April, the plan was to get the cos and resign to serve 60 days notice period but now this also have another offer in Kuwait which have kept as backup. My dream was to explore UK, still not over though am sure my sponsor would certainly apply for March and April allocation.

Disappointing.
Last edited by krimurthy on Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hopeful42
Singapore

Post by Hopeful42 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:51 am

nts18982008 wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:33 am
In a similar boat to many on here. I have 40 points, was refused in January and waiting to hear back for February. I think most of us can appreciate that when demand outweighs supply like it has these past couple of months then it will result in disappointment for some and bit of a wait. It's incredibly frustrating and the uncertainty has implications for all of us in our personal lives but those are the rules when it comes to contolled, skilled migration and unfortunately it seems we will just have to wait.

What I'm struggling to understand is how UKVI is handling a process which, to me at least, should be pretty straightforward: by the 5th of the month they receive n applications, if it's more than they have available in that month then they just order them by points (which are really simply calculated at the point the RCOS is applied for) and work their way down the list.

However, all this discussion of exceptional approvals, borrowing RCOS from future months, non-shortage NHS staff getting approvals, decisions being made in a seemingly random order etc. just implies that something is a little bit broken. I do have sympathy for UKVI to a certain extent as they are hamstrung by a limit that hasn't adjusted in years but the fact we have 20 page threads on here the last couple of months that just descend into speculation and guesswork suggests to me that something may have to change and unfortunately "time" isn't going to solve this for everyone.

Anyway, hang in there and best of luck.
cali1234 wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:42 am
well at least u would hope that they would clear out all the 40's this month so that the 30's and 20's could be cleared next month.
Escpecially considering we add value to their economy, and are infact even paying a NHS surcharge and do not claim benefits of any kind.
Bottom line is we are helping UK businesses grow and progress and intern helping the country benefit as well. this is not fair to us , it would just make people in the future not want to go work in the UK if such a situation continues.
Migration in the Uk anyways has fallen considerably , everyone from Europe is going back to their own country , as you can already witness what impact this has had on the NHS. surely they should take this into account and increase the quota for skilled workers
I completely agree, but sadly I can’t see anything changing.

sptula
Member of Standing
India

Post by sptula » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:53 am

just heard from a member on this forum "shannnnco"
He is at 50 points got Approved today

cali1234
- thin ice -
Sri Lanka

Post by cali1234 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:56 am

how long are RLMT valid for , in my case the add was conducted on 1st November 2017 and ran until end of November, so does that mean my RLMT is valid till April or may ?

tanyainoz
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by tanyainoz » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:57 am

krimurthy wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:49 am
My RLMT start date was from Dec 7 that means it will be valid till June. Looks like April is the solution for me with 42 points.

Disappointing. I thought I will travel on April 20 as my tentative DoJ is 23 April, the plan was to get the cos and resign to serve 60 days notice period but now this also have another offer in Kuwait which have kept as backup. My dream was to explore UK, still not over though am sure my sponsor would certainly apply for March and April allocation.

Disappointing.
Hi there Krimurthy, have you been officially knocked back for Feb?

I ask because I'm sitting on 40 points and work has indicated that this is the last month they will apply (they applied in Jan as well) so I'm trying to piece together my situation!

Hopeful42
Singapore

Post by Hopeful42 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:58 am

krimurthy wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:49 am

Disappointing.
You might still have a tiny bit of hope. We’ve only heard of one rejection over 40 points which wasn’t 100% clear.