ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

February 2018 Restricted COS

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shebahanna
Newly Registered
United States of America

Re: February 2018 Restricted COS

Post by shebahanna » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:24 pm

engineer201832 wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:14 pm
I think it's fair to say the points didn't change much this month. This is worrying because it is suspected that February had more allocation than other months. March is pretty much a write off as there is such a small amount of spots for the month.

I have 31 points and I don't even see much hope in April unless some policy changes. I don't have much hope in governmental changes however because these policies and rules take more than a month or two to change. I do continue to live in limbo and hope for the best. My life has been turned upside down from this and there is a good chance I will lose my friends, boyfriend, job, life, flat ect. because of this.
If it's any consolation, I'm right there with you. It's hard not to wallow in self-pity, feeling so hopeless. I miss my life.

30 points, non shortage.

thisB
Canada

Post by thisB » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:25 pm

engineer201832 wrote:
I think it's fair to say the points didn't change much this month. This is worrying because it is suspected that February had more allocation than other months. March is pretty much a write off as there is such a small amount of spots for the month.

I have 31 points and I don't even see much hope in April unless some policy changes. I don't have much hope in governmental changes however because these policies and rules take more than a month or two to change. I do continue to live in limbo and hope for the best. My life has been turned upside down from this and there is a good chance I will lose my friends, boyfriend, job, life, flat ect. because of this.
I am in exactly the same position as you and totally understand the struggle. Let's hope for the best in April. This life of limbo is no fun.

engineer201832
United States of America

Post by engineer201832 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:40 pm

thisB wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:25 pm
engineer201832 wrote:

I am in exactly the same position as you and totally understand the struggle. Let's hope for the best in April. This life of limbo is no fun.
Thanks for the responce, and you too shebahanna!

It's been such a tough three months for me. It's nice to know I'm not alone in this. I would not wish this upon anyone.

cali1234
- thin ice -
Sri Lanka

Post by cali1234 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:57 pm

engineer201832 wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:40 pm
thisB wrote:
engineer201832 wrote:

It's been such a tough three months for me. It's nice to know I'm not alone in this. I would not wish this upon anyone.
sorry to hear this hopefully things will work out for all of us

simbaj
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by simbaj » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:23 pm

will allocations continue...

and did everybody get their upates for those waiting

Hopeful42
Singapore

Post by Hopeful42 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:51 pm

engineer201832 wrote:
thisB wrote:
engineer201832 wrote:

If it’s any consolation I’m also in the exact same terrible position. My RLMT will now expire end of the month too. I don’t really know what to do. Since the points didn’t drop I feel it’s hopeless re-doing RLMT or looking for other jobs but my boyfriend, friends, my entire life is in the UK so I know I have to keep trying but I don’t know how much longer I can live in limbo either...

Good luck to everyone over the next few months. Let’s pray for some policy change but sadly I just can’t see it happening.

sptula
Member of Standing
India

Post by sptula » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:53 pm

simbaj wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:23 pm
will allocations continue...

and did everybody get their upates for those waiting
what about you? still waiting for decision?
whats your score?

simbaj
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by simbaj » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:01 pm

yes 35 non shortage

tej_san
Mood:
India

Post by tej_san » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:42 pm

Hopeful42 wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:51 pm
engineer201832 wrote:
thisB wrote:
engineer201832 wrote:

If it’s any consolation I’m also in the exact same terrible position. My RLMT will now expire end of the month too. I don’t really know what to do. Since the points didn’t drop I feel it’s hopeless re-doing RLMT or looking for other jobs but my boyfriend, friends, my entire life is in the UK so I know I have to keep trying but I don’t know how much longer I can live in limbo either...

Good luck to everyone over the next few months. Let’s pray for some policy change but sadly I just can’t see it happening.
I assume RLMT validity is checked when your application is verified. Once, it's verified then it's just a matter of cut-off. If your score is within limit, you get it. I don't think RLMT is required again just because your application is being refused. This is my view. Can someone throw some light here?

commonman
Newly Registered
Mood:
France

Post by commonman » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:40 pm

The rule is as follows:

29.1 All CoS, restricted or unrestricted, must be assigned within 6 months of the date the vacancy was first advertised. Where the vacancy has been advertised in 2 stages, the CoS must be assigned within 6 months of the date the first of the 2 advertisements appeared.

So, really it does not matter if the application was refused. If the CoS was not assigned within 6 months, there needs to be a fresh RLMT

Hopeful42
Singapore

Post by Hopeful42 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:57 pm

tej_san wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:42 pm
Hopeful42 wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:51 pm
engineer201832 wrote:
thisB wrote:

I assume RLMT validity is checked when your application is verified. Once, it's verified then it's just a matter of cut-off. If your score is within limit, you get it. I don't think RLMT is required again just because your application is being refused. This is my view. Can someone throw some light here?
COS has to be assigned within 6 months of the job first being advertised or the RLMT expires and has to be re-done. The advertisement for my job first went out 25th of August (it had to be open for 3 months before I applied) so if the COS isn’t assigned by the 25th of February (which it won’t be) RLMT has to be re-done.

balu04vn
Mood:
India

Post by balu04vn » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:54 pm

We can assume cutoff is 50 points for Feb?

newentrant
Newly Registered
Morocco

Post by newentrant » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:00 pm

why 50 points?? last month it was 46 :/ so.. is it going up again? it should be going down :|

Hopeful42
Singapore

Post by Hopeful42 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:09 pm

newentrant wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:00 pm
why 50 points?? last month it was 46 :/ so.. is it going up again? it should be going down :|
It hasn’t gone up, it’s stayed the same. The points jump straight from 45 to 50. I think they just posted 46 because it looks better than 50.

I think we’d all expected it to go down though but that hasn’t happened.

Are we to assume this was due to another mass recruitment of nurses (who are on SOC)? I’m going to have to assume this was the case because no other profession on the SOC list could be recruited in bulk like this and salaries over 50k aren’t overly common.

So it’s like 1600+ certificates this time on just SOC and salaries over 50k. Sounds crazy to me.

sptula
Member of Standing
India

Post by sptula » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:40 pm

looks like cutoff is same as last month, this month also could 46

newentrant
Newly Registered
Morocco

Post by newentrant » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:02 am

I see.. well my immigration lawyers are saying cut off was 46 points but some articles online said it was 50.
Just weird and upsetting.

krimurthy
India

Post by krimurthy » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:27 am

The backlog is the worry though we have 2200 in April I think they will borrow some COS from may and try to clear the back log.

Worry is 45 band they have not got Thier COS last 4 months then mine is 42. Don't know what happens to 20s 30s don't think it will drop even after April for them.

Some of the 45' might go down due to not applying again in April or RLMT expiry due to RLMT in October or November.

It is hard to digest. Can we expect some change in quota? God knows. One is that have made few friends over here:)

prayingforthebest
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by prayingforthebest » Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:19 am

I am new here and I am still awaiting the result of the RCOS. I am on 50K so I believe the points I have scored is 50 points..have been waiting very anxiously and the status remains as under review. I am not a doctor or nurse or non shortage.

Hopeful42
Singapore

Post by Hopeful42 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:03 am

krimurthy wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:27 am
The backlog is the worry though we have 2200 in April I think they will borrow some COS from may and try to clear the back log.

Worry is 45 band they have not got Thier COS last 4 months then mine is 42. Don't know what happens to 20s 30s don't think it will drop even after April for them.

Some of the 45' might go down due to not applying again in April or RLMT expiry due to RLMT in October or November.

It is hard to digest. Can we expect some change in quota? God knows. One is that have made few friends over here:)
I agree that the 45 point back log is going to cause the most trouble. Since they carried some certificates over from January I was sure they would be able to clear the backlog of those this month but it didn’t happen.

I want to sit here and say that things will start to improve in April/May but if they didn’t this month there’s no way to predict it will improve then. April is historically a big recruitment period for nurses so there’s a really big chance it just won’t budge and the only way the back log will ever actually clear is employers pulling offers.

I can’t envision any changes to the quotas. Home Office’s hands are tied by government policy and the only thing the government is focussing on is Brexit.

Hopeful42
Singapore

Post by Hopeful42 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:07 am

prayingforthebest wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:19 am
I am new here and I am still awaiting the result of the RCOS. I am on 50K so I believe the points I have scored is 50 points..have been waiting very anxiously and the status remains as under review. I am not a doctor or nurse or non shortage.
Good luck! It seems you’ll just scrape through with those points as long as RLMT was done correctly :)

prayingforthebest
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by prayingforthebest » Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:18 am

Thank you! I hope to hear from my employer today and will keep everyone posted.

mschase
United States of America

Post by mschase » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:56 am

Hopeful42 wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:03 am
I agree that the 45 point back log is going to cause the most trouble. Since they carried some certificates over from January I was sure they would be able to clear the backlog of those this month but it didn’t happen.
I want to sit here and say that things will start to improve in April/May but if they didn’t this month there’s no way to predict it will improve then. April is historically a big recruitment period for nurses so there’s a really big chance it just won’t budge and the only way the back log will ever actually clear is employers pulling offers.
I can’t envision any changes to the quotas. Home Office’s hands are tied by government policy and the only thing the government is focussing on is Brexit.
Yes, I'm not so positive anymore about April/May 2018 quota rules as well. The backlog seems heavy with a chunk of 45/50+ candidates catching up each month. I also feel that everyone just re-applies so the monthly applicants is only stacking up instead of leveling-out.

Crazy knowing that each one of us commenting have secured an offer with required salaries yet struggling to make it into the system. This is obviously impacting their economy yet not hearing any conflict-resolution from HO atm.

I feel sorry for the member who quit her current job and hosted a farewell party before even receiving the RCOS. Must be a nightmare.

DhirajG
India

Post by DhirajG » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:35 am

mschase wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:56 am
Hopeful42 wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:03 am
Yes, I'm not so positive anymore about April/May 2018 quota rules as well. The backlog seems heavy with a chunk of 45/50+ candidates catching up each month. I also feel that everyone just re-applies so the monthly applicants is only stacking up instead of leveling-out.

Crazy knowing that each one of us commenting have secured an offer with required salaries yet struggling to make it into the system. This is obviously impacting their economy yet not hearing any conflict-resolution from HO atm.

I feel sorry for the member who quit her current job and hosted a farewell party before even receiving the RCOS. Must be a nightmare.
It has been the same situation for me. I’ve resigned from my company and serving my notice period. My employer ll be applying for COS this month. But it seems for next 2 months it won’t be possible to get the RCOS with 33 points (non shortage occupation).

Maggie123
Newly Registered
India

Post by Maggie123 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:39 am

Got the refusal mail, having 39 points. It says

Thank you for your recent application for restricted CoS. Your application has been refused, as it did not meet the minimum points score for the allocation of a restricted CoS on the above decision date.

This application will not be submitted for consideration at the next monthly allocation of restricted CoS.

You can submit another application for a restricted CoS at any time. You must ensure that your application meets the criteria outlined in the sponsor policy guidance, available from the link below, before submitting the application

Can you please help me with the below queries?
Do my employer has to raise a new COS now for March,exactly same as the one raised for February allocation?
Can he raise my salary in the new COS to gain more points next month?

Thanks

weworkuk
United States of America

Post by weworkuk » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:55 am

Maggie123 wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:39 am
Got the refusal mail, having 39 points. It says

Thank you for your recent application for restricted CoS. Your application has been refused, as it did not meet the minimum points score for the allocation of a restricted CoS on the above decision date.

This application will not be submitted for consideration at the next monthly allocation of restricted CoS.

You can submit another application for a restricted CoS at any time. You must ensure that your application meets the criteria outlined in the sponsor policy guidance, available from the link below, before submitting the application

Can you please help me with the below queries?
Do my employer has to raise a new COS now for March,exactly same as the one raised for February allocation?
Can he raise my salary in the new COS to gain more points next month?

Thanks

Same question here, same score but I haven't got any response yet.