ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 and AN application together - MN1 process?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kadik
India

MN1 and AN application together - MN1 process?

Post by kadik » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:34 pm

Hi Guys, This forum has helped me a lot, all through my citizenship process and now I have a question - hopefully someone will provide clarity.

We applied for naturalisation (myself and my wife) and certificate of registration (MN1) for my 7 year old son (section 3(1)) based on ILR status for all three of us though NCS (JCAP).

Last week I received invite letter from the local council for all three of us and this morning I received approval/invite letter from UKVI for myself and my wife (which is required to book ceremony appointment), but didn’t receive any document for my son.

Do I need to book an appointment for ceremony even for my son? What’s kind of document I should look for w.r.t my sons MN1 application?

Any help on this will be appreciated.

Regards,
k

kadik
India

Re: MN1 and AN application together - MN1 process?

Post by kadik » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:40 am

Guys - Any help on this?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:46 am

Do I need to book an appointment for ceremony even for my son?
No, children DO NOT participate in the ceremony.
What’s kind of document I should look for w.r.t my sons MN1 application?

Perhaps a letter, if one is sent. Usually the child's certificate will be with yours/wife's and will be given to you at the ceremony.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kadik
India

Post by kadik » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:41 am

Thanks CR001 - you are a star.

In a nutshell, I don't need child approval letter to book Ceremony for us?

Regards,
Karthik

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:44 am

No because child does not need to participate in a ceremony.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

emailubk

Post by emailubk » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:49 pm

kadik wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:34 pm
Hi Guys, This forum has helped me a lot, all through my citizenship process and now I have a question - hopefully someone will provide clarity.

We applied for naturalisation (myself and my wife) and certificate of registration (MN1) for my 7 year old son (section 3(1)) based on ILR status for all three of us though NCS (JCAP).

Last week I received invite letter from the local council for all three of us and this morning I received approval/invite letter from UKVI for myself and my wife (which is required to book ceremony appointment), but didn’t receive any document for my son.

Do I need to book an appointment for ceremony even for my son? What’s kind of document I should look for w.r.t my sons MN1 application?

Any help on this will be appreciated.

Regards,
k
Hi Kadik,

Can you let me know what kind of referee you used for MN1 form please? i am about to apply for my child in March.

Thanks

kadik
India

Post by kadik » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:31 pm

I used a local councilors and a retired GP - family friend. During NCS appointment, the lady pointed this out and said that as the kid is not in his teens, we can go with this.

She also mentioned, HO will ask you for fresh references if they don’t accept the referees.

emailubk

Post by emailubk » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:43 pm

kadik wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:31 pm
I used a local councilors and a retired GP - family friend. During NCS appointment, the lady pointed this out and said that as the kid is not in his teens, we can go with this.

She also mentioned, HO will ask you for fresh references if they don’t accept the referees.
Thanks Kadik,

Have you used same referees both AN and M1?

kadik
India

Post by kadik » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:53 pm

The retired GP was used in both AN and MN form, but the councillor I used only on MN and I used limited company director for AN application.

I read the MN guideline only on the day before NCS appointment (RE: Referee) and didnt have the time or contact to reach out the local teachers or GP. Searched all through this board and realised that they are not very strict on kids and decided to stick with local councillor. Didnt have any issue in obtain the approval - now waiting for the passport (ceremony done on 20 feb).

Dont worry much on the reference for your kid, the caseworker will reach out in case they are not satisfied with the references you have provided. PM me if you need any other specific details.

RE: On the main question of the topic, the council was ready to accept and provide me with my sons certificate without the approval letter as long I bring his ID proof. But to my goodness, I received the his approval letter just the day before the ceremony.

emailubk

Post by emailubk » Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:19 pm

kadik wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:53 pm
The retired GP was used in both AN and MN form, but the councillor I used only on MN and I used limited company director for AN application.

I read the MN guideline only on the day before NCS appointment (RE: Referee) and didnt have the time or contact to reach out the local teachers or GP. Searched all through this board and realised that they are not very strict on kids and decided to stick with local councillor. Didnt have any issue in obtain the approval - now waiting for the passport (ceremony done on 20 feb).

Dont worry much on the reference for your kid, the caseworker will reach out in case they are not satisfied with the references you have provided. PM me if you need any other specific details.

RE: On the main question of the topic, the council was ready to accept and provide me with my sons certificate without the approval letter as long I bring his ID proof. But to my goodness, I received the his approval letter just the day before the ceremony.
Thanks Kadik,

Is this acceptable If I use both limited company directors? for me and my son?
As we asked head teacher but she is not responding from last one week?

kadik
India

Post by kadik » Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:26 pm

Should fine mate. Go ahead - I tried doing the same. May be worth mentioning in notes that you tried with no luck.

When I met the NCS person, I did the same as teacher and GP are reluctant to sign these.