ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for visit visa for sister in law

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

LoveMyBaby786

Applying for visit visa for sister in law

Post by LoveMyBaby786 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:55 pm

Long shot but thought we'd give it a try.

I am a british citizen since birth. My husband is from pakistan came here on spouse visa now he has also become a british citizen.

Im a house wife with 2 children and my husband works. We have our own home. We would like to apply for his sister to come for a few months to visit us here in the UK.

Now, she is 23. Not married. Not working. Basically nothing to her name which is the hard bit. She lives with just my inlaws and one brother in law. However, i am going to pakistan with my 2 kids at the end of july, tickets all booked. If we apply for her to come here for a few months then she can travel back to pakistan with me when i go will this work? Or am i just wishful thinking?

Thank you for any help

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Applying for visit visa for sister in law

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:02 pm

She needs to provide evidence of her ties to her home country (financial, employment, social, property etc). Without it, her visa will likely be refused. As an unemployed, single person, the ECO might well take the view she won't leave the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

LoveMyBaby786

Post by LoveMyBaby786 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:04 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:02 pm
She needs to provide evidence of her ties to her home country (financial, employment, social, property etc). Without it, her visa will likely be refused. As an unemployed, single person, the ECO might well take the view she won't leave the UK.
Thank you for this. I understand what you're saying unfortunately the only ties she has are her parents and brother. And the only other 'good' thing is i have booked my tickets already to go in July.. but im guessing that wont be sufficient enough

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:10 pm

No, I don't believe it will be sufficient. You are also not a 'blood relative' either and if her brother is staying in the UK when you leave in July, the ECO has no guarantee your SIL will leave with you, regardless of a 'promise to leave' from you.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

LoveMyBaby786

Post by LoveMyBaby786 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:16 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:10 pm
No, I don't believe it will be sufficient. You are also not a 'blood relative' either and if her brother is staying in the UK when you leave in July, the ECO has no guarantee your SIL will leave with you, regardless of a 'promise to leave' from you.
Oh yes i didnt think of that, husband cant go because of his work👎 looks like we'll just have to leave it for now but thank you very much for replying, much appreciated

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:36 pm

You're welcome and have a good trip in July, travel safe.
Char (CR001 not Casa)