ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling without BRP

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Meesha

Travelling without BRP

Post by Meesha » Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:10 pm

Dear Forum members,
I have Tier Ent visa and will qualify for ILR in coming December (2018).
I am at Pakistan for 1 month and needs to go back tomorrow. I will be traveling with 3 kids who have british passports.
My husband has gone back last week and mistakenly took my BRP with him. Now i need to go back and am wondering if i should go back with photocopy of BRP as my husband can bring the original at Manchester airport.
can it cause any harm to my immigration history? Will i be allowed to travel with photocopied BRP?
Please advise me quickly as my flight is in 15 hours.

Thanks a lot

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Travelling without BRP

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:18 pm

Will i be allowed to travel with photocopied BRP?
Unlikely that the airline will allow you to board a flight with a photocopy. They will expect to see the original proof of your right to enter the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Meesha

Post by Meesha » Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:31 pm

I have talked with airline. Their representative said i might will be refused entry on arrival at UK even if they allow me to travel. Is it correct? Does it worth to travel in this scenario?

seasky
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by seasky » Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:57 pm

Meesha wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:31 pm
I have talked with airline. Their representative said i might will be refused entry on arrival at UK even if they allow me to travel. Is it correct? Does it worth to travel in this scenario?
You are very very unlikely to be denied entry in the UK. Even more so with 3 BC kids in tow.

They will put you in a waiting pen and go to back room to do further checks and then will let you in with no issue.

as CR001 says the issue is with the airline.

seasky
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by seasky » Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:59 pm

If you can delay flight a few days and husband can overnight your BRP may solve the issue

(I fly a lot always cheap non-refundable tickets so not always that easy)

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:29 pm

You should ask your husband to send the BRP back to avoid any risks
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

seasky
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by seasky » Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:39 pm

Another option is go to airport and take chances to get on plane. In which case you arrive in UK and will very unlikely to have a problem.

If denied boarding ask for a reschedule of flight (2 days later) and receive the BRP via overnight service.

Airlines do not have obligation to reschedule you at all (unless flexible ticket) and it is passengers responsibility to have the proper paperwork to travel BUT they might do that do to the circumstances. If you have a completely inflexible ticket you have nothing to lose by doing this!

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:50 pm

If the airline is ok then you should not have a problem. It will delay your immigration clearance but with a copy it is highly unlikely that you will be denied entry. And your hubby can be at the airport with the original.
I had once traveled in without my visa (before BRP) as I had lost my passport and got a new one overseas. So I had to travel back to 🇬🇧 with only a copy of the visa.
My wife also forgot to take her BRP once and did not realise until the day she was returning. That worked ok too. But being from a visa waiver country may have helped with the airline
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

natsha
United States of America

Post by natsha » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:31 pm

you can enter but long checking and might husband come inside the airport, This gonna be an issue for you and more problem, best way change your flight seat delay 1 week and ask you husband posted DHL and then easily come back next week.

seasky
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by seasky » Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:42 pm

natsha wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:31 pm
you can enter but long checking and might husband come inside the airport, This gonna be an issue for you and more problem, best way change your flight seat delay 1 week and ask you husband posted DHL and then easily come back next week.
Long airport checks is 15-30 min more. No big deal.