ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA family visa route

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Aysha2018
Newly Registered
Ireland

EEA family visa route

Post by Aysha2018 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:44 am

Hi everyone,

Has anyone gone down this route to bring their non eu spouce to the eu instead of the join spoucd visa? I am an Irish citizen living in Ireland and I want my non eu spouce to join me here but I do not meet the finance requirements, I am a mature student and also only work part time. My spouce came here from the UK on a student visa and lived here for 2 years and worked until his visa expired in early January and he returned home.

I have been looking into the EEA family permit, am I right in thinking I can move to northern Ireland and he as my spouce has the right to join me there? I would appreciate some information as the information I am reading is confusing.

Thanks in advance.

finalversion_2k
Member of Standing

Re: EEA family visa route

Post by finalversion_2k » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:03 am

would you mind to answer below, just to understand the scenario.

1) When/Where you get married? In Ireland? Or was in living relationship?
2) Is your marriage registered in Ireland, UK? if so then why you guys didn't apply for EU1 when he was here??

Aysha2018
Newly Registered
Ireland

Re: EEA family visa route

Post by Aysha2018 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:30 am

Yes no problem. We married in Pakistan recently when I went to visit him, his family wanted him to come home so he went before we had a chance to marry here (I think you must register the intention to marry 3 months before hand in ireland). Plus his family want to meet me before the marriage, he is muslim and I am Catholic. Now that we are married they are happy for him to come back to Ireland, I didn't realise the process is much easier when the non eu person is actually in Ireland but not much we can do about that now unfortunately.

Thanks in advance for your help.