ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Spouse VISA renewal

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

RkSC
Newly Registered

UK Spouse VISA renewal

Post by RkSC » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:33 am

All,

My current spouse visa will expire on April 28, 2018. My questions:

1) Health Surcharge: As my original application was Feb 2015 which was refused and on appeal was accepted in July 2015, I did not have to pay any NHS charges as my original application was before the charge was introduced. Does this also apply for renewal or is it a blanket rule- everybody has to pay these charges?

2) In the .gov.uk website it states that you can only apply 28 days prior to expiry of current visa. I am planning to do a premium service and was wondering if Application date is considered as the date of the appointment/actual date when I filled in the online form. My suspicion is that I might not be able to get premium service booking. Currently I have not signed the online declaration but filled the form and saved it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

RkSC

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: UK Spouse VISA renewal

Post by seagul » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:08 am

1. You now have to pay immigration health surcharge for next 2.5 years of extension as part of application.

2. Date of application is usually when you successfully submits the application.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

vinny

Re: UK Spouse VISA renewal

Post by vinny » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:29 am

Be careful of applying for FLR(M) too early, as this may shorten the period available to apply for SET(M). Remind the caseworker that s/he has discretion to add up to 28 extra days.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.