ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENT

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

shahgee
Newly Registered

ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENT

Post by shahgee » Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:05 pm

With the announcement of this new PBS System, I'm quite confused to what to do? I've got a Bachelors Degree which is recognized by HSMP Team as my Engineering University's name is in HSMP Database, but for Englsih language requirement, they say that they want to see my ILETS Test Report. I don't know how to ask my University to provide me the letter for the medium of instruction. I'm afraid & it is my gut feeling that even if I do provide the HSMP Team a letter from my University, they will not appreciate it & will refuse my case even on this ground. They are pusing me to appear in the IELTS test. I've appeared in IELTS Test in 2004 in Pakistan & got 7.0 score throughout. But that test has expired & to make the case even worse, I haven't got a single photocopy of the same.

Can any person advice me what to do regarding this matter?? My visa is expiring in December & will be submitting my extension application in the first week of December. I meet all the other criteria but this point is the one which is really pinching me.

Kindly help & advice me.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENT

Post by Wanderer » Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:35 am

shahgee wrote:

Kindly help & advice me.
Smaller font?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Administrator
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Administrator » Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:44 pm

There is no need for the giant, bold font.

And, try the correct forum:

Moved from job section to UK Tier 1 / HSMP.

the Admin
Contact Information:
• Mobile: +44 (0)77996 22200
• Tel: +44(0)344 991 9222
• Email: sanwar.ali@workpermit.com

Follow Us On:
• LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/sanwarali/
• Twitter: https://twitter.com/workpermitcom

London2008
Newly Registered

Post by London2008 » Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:26 am

I've got a similar situation i.e. have a Masters which is not accepted (!) and very good IELTS test result which unfortunately is older than 2 years...

I was trying to explore the following rule

"Exceptionally, if the person already has an equivalent English language certificate, we can accept this, if it is equivalent to IELTS band six. This does not need to be gained within any set period."

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... rguidance/

Does anybody know which certicates are acceptable here ?? Any Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE) ??

wpleo

Post by wpleo » Sat Apr 12, 2008 3:42 pm

if your IELTS score is above 6.5 it would be acceptable regardless if its date.

This issue has been discussed before, and many have already contacted BIA and got the same reply, so I think you should not worry about an expired IELTS as long as your score is >= 6.5

I know its been confusing for many, and I reckon the guidelines will be updated soon, but really there are plenty of other things to worry about rather than this...

Good luck anyway.

T_mahmood
Member of Standing

Post by T_mahmood » Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:43 pm

First of all the safest way is to do IELTS again and be 100% sure that you would not be rejected because of this single reason.

Secondly why your university will not give you letter and why BIA would refuse your case while they are accepting others.

Third better send an email to BIA to clarify situation as I doubt that extention cases would require any English langauge requirements (if you got approval after Nov 2006. In the mean while check with them that if they would accept old IELTS score.
Thinking low is crime....

naveenhi
Newly Registered

Post by naveenhi » Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:03 pm

I called BIA and they said , we can submit old IELTS score when applying TIER1 from HSMP.