ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Got the EU1 and appointment query

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

narsilionh

Got the EU1 and appointment query

Post by narsilionh » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:55 pm

Hello guys I just got the EU1 5years stmap4 letter today so happy.
I have to UK on march to see my family and friend birthday for a week.
I want to make renewal before march I dont want to take this letter to UK in case I have to explain I have permission to stay 5years in here at the airport. but its too scary carry to other country worriy if I lost it .
early booking avaible only apil 10. but it's only just one day before my temp residence card expired.
so I heard If I installed GNIB apps I can get notification if there is any available booking.
there is two GNIB booking Apps both apps called GNIB But different logo. one is harp, the other is clover
which one is better for appointment ?

and can I carry this INIS letter regarding Approved EU1 letter to airport proof my state in this country when I came back from UK in case can not manage proper visa before I leave ireland ?
anyway my temporary visa valid until April 11 so might not problem ... just want to prepared for all cases.

Mal111
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Re: Got the EU1 and appointment query

Post by Mal111 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:26 pm

letter is not a visa and your not exempt until you have your residence card in your possession. letter can be use to proof your legal residence in Ireland while your in Ireland it can also revoke any removal order issued to you but its not an entry visa and its not a re entry visa so get a re entry visa if you cant get the 5 year residence card before your exiting the state anyway your re entry visa will be free of charge and you will get an appointment quicker for re entry visa.

narsilionh

Post by narsilionh » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:36 pm

Mal111 wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:26 pm
letter is not a visa and your not exempt until you have your residence card in your possession. letter can be use to proof your legal residence in Ireland while your in Ireland it can also revoke any removal order issued to you but its not an entry visa and its not a re entry visa so get a re entry visa if you cant get the 5 year residence card before your exiting the state anyway your re entry visa will be free of charge and you will get an appointment quicker for re entry visa.
I asked to re entry visa office by email about re entry visa also sent out application with documents a month ago. I though I might have to get re entry visa but they said South Korean does not need re entry visa so they sent back my re entry visa application. in my case I don't need re entry visa also I have temporary residencard valid until april 11, and have permission letter proper 5years eea family permit , quite confused now.

Mal111
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by Mal111 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:44 pm

if you don't need a visa to enter Ireland then why your confused ?

narsilionh

Post by narsilionh » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:51 pm

Mal111 wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:44 pm
if you don't need a visa to enter Ireland then why your confused ?
Thanks Mal111 :)

bio25210
Newly Registered
France

Post by bio25210 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:13 am

Happy for you narsilionh!
Can you please share your timeline with us, so others can situate themselves with regard to your application.
My wife applied on the 26th of July 2017, but still waiting for the 5 years stamp.
Thanks.