ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

praveenk
Newly Registered

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

Post by praveenk » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:00 am

Hi quick update

Received my ceremony invitation letter on friday, applied on 3rd oct 2017
thanks cr001 and all members
good luck everyone

SydneyBorn
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by SydneyBorn » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:08 pm

Hello

Apologies if this has been asked before (I suspect it has but cannot find it in the forums).

Once i have the ceremony I understand that I need to return my BRP within 5 days. If I need to travel after sending back my BRP, can I enter the UK using my Australian passport if my UK passport has not arrived yet?

Any help is appreciated.

J

dontringthebell
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by dontringthebell » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:32 pm

Refer to my post on "Naturalisation application processing timelines (only)" on Page 477 dated 19/02/2018

I received two letters both dated 14/02/2018 as follows:

Letter 1

"Dear Mr XX

Re: Mr XX & Mrs YX

We aim to process all applications within 6 months from the date submitted. However, in certain circumstances, this target is not possible. Following our assessment of your case, unfortunately, it appears your application will not be processed within the 6-month target.

This is because there has been an issue with the biometric enrolment of Mrs YX.

We expect to make a decision on your application by 7th March 2018 once your biometric enrolment issue has been resolved.

Yours sincerely

ZZ
CT4Home Office"

Letter 2

"Mrs YX

Case Reference Number NNNNNNNNN
Regarding Applicant: Mrs YX, P.O.B., D.O.B.

It is important that you read and understand this letter. If you cannot understand anything in it, please find someone to help you.

You must bring this letter, (which includes your case reference number, full name, date of birth) and the 2D barcode page with you when you go to Post Office. If you do not bring this letter with you, the Post Office will not be able to proceed with your enrolment.

Dear Mrs YX

REQUEST TO RE-ENROL BIOMETRIC INFORMATION

Thank you for providing your biometric information at on 11th September 2017.

I apologise for any inconvenience this may cause, but unfortunately, the biometric information process was not successful. Therefore you must return to a participating Post Office branch to provide your Biometric Information taken so that we can proceed with your application.

Next Steps

You must enrol your biometric information as soon as possible, which should be no later than 15 working days from the date of this letter. This will help us to process your application as quickly as possible. If you miss the 15 working day deadline, you must enrol as soon as possible.....etc. (Rest of the letter is about the biometric procedure.)

Yours sincerely,

PM Exceptions
Home Office

One Biometric Enrolment Barcode Page"

* Nothing was charged for re-enrollment of biometrics.

Hope it helps others

silverchloride
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by silverchloride » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:41 pm

Samr33 wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:22 am
I applied on 15/08/17. Application was received on 16/08/17. As I have not heard anything back, I have tried to call them today. They are now saying that the 6 month only starts once they have received the payment. As it took them 7 days, I have to wait another week. Has anyone encountered the same issue?
I applied on the 28th of August, still no word... I think there might be a backlog with Sept/August applications or something! :(

akz

Post by akz » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:53 am

silverchloride wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:41 pm
Samr33 wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:22 am
I applied on 15/08/17. Application was received on 16/08/17. As I have not heard anything back, I have tried to call them today. They are now saying that the 6 month only starts once they have received the payment. As it took them 7 days, I have to wait another week. Has anyone encountered the same issue?
I applied on the 28th of August, still no word... I think there might be a backlog with Sept/August applications or something! :(
I saw people who applied in Jan 2018 got there approval already. very strange.

I applied on 7th Nov 2017 but no response.

akz
Happy to help and Happy to be helped

ariskar
Member of Standing
Mood:
Greece

Post by ariskar » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:05 pm

4 months and I have no news, applied as single applicant (EU) through EEA(PR) 5 years + 1 year on October 2017 in NCS as a JCAP. Most other applicants from that time got their approvals, so did many who applied through the online system later introduced. No information was requested or letter mentioning anything in relation with the service standard period to date...

We are expecting a child (to be born in UK) next month and I assume having a naturalisation certificate would make its British passport application quicker, instead of a parent EEA(PR) certificate situation... {The other parent (overseas) is on a time limit visa...}

Any clue if there is a way to get any hint from them within the last 2 months of the 6 month period? They clearly have not written to me within 12 weeks for the 6 month service standard.

Any advice, except for the obvious "waiting"? :roll:

randomperson
Latvia

Post by randomperson » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:06 pm

I'm so frustrated that NCS or postal applications seem to be taking so much longer than online - in fact it feels that even postal are even going through faster than NCS. I would have used the online version, but it was announced/released just TWO WEEKS after my NCS appointment (I applied very end of November)! If I'd known it was coming, I would probably have waited for the online service - I might even have it all sorted by now!

Mian250
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Mian250 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:53 pm

I applied on 25 Oct 17 and still waiting. I sent them email for progress and recieved a reply that my application is waiting in the que and current processing time is six months. So contact us after 25 Apr 18.

calavera99
Turkey

Post by calavera99 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:31 pm

randomperson wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:06 pm
I'm so frustrated that NCS or postal applications seem to be taking so much longer than online - in fact it feels that even postal are even going through faster than NCS. I would have used the online version, but it was announced/released just TWO WEEKS after my NCS appointment (I applied very end of November)! If I'd known it was coming, I would probably have waited for the online service - I might even have it all sorted by now!
Same here!! I am also thinking about making a new online application! Do you think I can do that or would it be considered as a duplicate application?

Ciaocico
Mood:
Italy

Post by Ciaocico » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:40 pm

The same as wall but aply with my son 7 November EU 😇😇

akz

Post by akz » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:43 pm

Hi everyone,

It is so quiet for the November 2017 month.

Any news from the friends who applied in Nov 2017.

Regards
akz
Happy to help and Happy to be helped

Brand
United Kingdom

Post by Brand » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:54 pm

akz wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:43 pm
Hi everyone,

It is so quiet for the November 2017 month.

Any news from the friends who applied in Nov 2017.

Regards
akz
Not here. Applied Mid November through NCS but still no news! It's strange how quick the online applications are processed! I think even postal applications are processed quicker, maybe because they do not want to keep original documents for long! Fingers crossed for all!

Bathroom11
United Kingdom

Post by Bathroom11 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:59 pm

Hello guys latest update I applied for neutralization on 30th october 2017 now as I expected I had a gap in my history 8 months which I thought it would delay my application today I have got i questionnaire letter from the home office to ask about how I was living in this gap obviously my wife was working at the time and I was sitting at home not working waiting for my decision on my application for spouse at the time so I am going to answer this questionnaire I have evidence of her work pay slips bank statement and some bills at the time she was paying and taking care of me , we will write cover letter to explain that I need help I have 2 questions
1) the cover letter has to printed out or can be hand writting letter ?
2)do you have any advice for me or what I am going to do is good enough?
3)what do you think about my chance to get approved?
Thanks a lot for your help

Samr33
Newly Registered
France

Re: following my post on 16/02

Post by Samr33 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:32 pm

I am over the 6-month deadline now. I have contacted the HO. They sent me this email today. Apart from contacting my MP, if anyone has got any advice that would be great. I met all the requirements, so I do not understand why it is taking so long.

Dear Mr XX,

Thank you for contacting UKVI Contact Centre.

We aim to process all applications within 6 months from the date submitted. However, in certain circumstances this target is not possible. Please note that we will contact you as soon as we are in a position to take a decision on your case. You do not need to contact us again unless you need to report a change in circumstances.

Yours Sincerely,

UK Visas and Immigration[/color][/color]

smallpie
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by smallpie » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:06 pm

@ bathroom11,

I got same questionnaire in November last year, with about 8 questions.
I overstayed for upto 1year and half.

I wrote reply in question in type different paper. I told them I wasn't working and my wife was supporting me thru out the period of my gap..they asked all my addresses at that period, I gave them, with evidences, bills and tenancy agreement in joint names.
I gave them all payslips of my wife and bank account to cover all the periods they asked for.

Give as many as u can give, type your reply and cover letter in paper..
Send it recorded delivery with d docs and the questionnaire paper. Include self addressed envelope to return to u ( keep the tracking number for the self addressed envelope) u can track it once they send docs back.

They will send yr docs back within one week and yr decision letter will be inside.

I got my approval letter one week after I sent it. And all docs included

You will get your approval. Mainly provide docs that shows yr wife was looking after u that period, working, payslips, p45 or p60 and her bank account to show those income during that period.

Wish u the best..
CITIZENSHIP confirmed.

Bathroom11
United Kingdom

Post by Bathroom11 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:18 pm

smallpie wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:06 pm
@ bathroom11,

I wrote reply in question in type different paper. I told them I wasn't working and my wife was supporting me thru out the period of my gap..they asked all my addresses at that period, I gave them, with evidences, bills and tenancy agreement in joint names.
I gave them all payslips of my wife and bank account to cover all the periods they asked for.

Send it recorded delivery with d docs and the questionnaire paper. Include self addressed envelope to return to u ( keep the tracking number for the self addressed envelope) u can track it once they send docs back.

They will send yr docs back within one week and yr decision letter will be inside.

You will get your approval. Mainly provide docs that shows yr wife was looking after u that period, working, payslips, p45 or p60 and her bank account to show those income during that period.

Wish u the best..
I have all these documents I will send it all original and my wife she will write separate letter to confirm that she was supporting me all this time
Thank you very much for your help and support today I will organize everything write the cover letter and tomorrow send it 1st thing in the morning and finger crossed my last chance but I actually never worked and she was actually was supporting while me waiting for spouse visa
Anyway thank you so much again for your reply and I will keep you updated finger crossed

Bathroom11
United Kingdom

Post by Bathroom11 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:57 pm

smallpie wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:06 pm
@ bathroom11,

Wish u the best..
Sorry mate I have very important question my wife got all her pay slips during at this period but we can't find 1st 2 months of this period also we couldn't manage to find most of bank statement at this time but we can print it out from the bank but the 1st 2 months before she start her job we were getting some cash from her family for support by western union and obviously that was 10 years ago and we can't find any reciept do you think that 2 months going to be a problem?

smallpie
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by smallpie » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:45 pm

@ bathroom11,

I dont think those two months will be a problem.

In my situation, I told them in covering letter and my wife wrote similar too, ( just over ten years ago docs they are asking for).. We said we can't find all the docs month by month, we missed out some months.. but they can still see the constituency of payments to the account and her payslips.
Infact, not all her bank statements we can find too.. We missed out some months..

So you can just say yr wife cldnt find those two payslips.. (I personally wouldnt tell them she wasn't working by those two months)

Put the rest of all you all.

I made it easy for the caseworker by highlighting the each dates my wife's wages goes into her account.

You need to see my docs lol
It was big package, cost 10£ to send to them recorded delivery.

I wish all the best..
CITIZENSHIP confirmed.

Kurabor
United Kingdom

Post by Kurabor » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:04 pm

Samr33 wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:32 pm
I am over the 6-month deadline now. I have contacted the HO. They sent me this email today. Apart from contacting my MP, if anyone has got any advice that would be great. I met all the requirements, so I do not understand why it is taking so long.

Dear Mr XX,

We aim to process all applications within 6 months from the date submitted. However, in certain circumstances this target is not possible. Please note that we will contact you as soon as we are in a position to take a decision on your case. You do not need to contact us again unless you need to report a change in circumstances.

Yours Sincerely,

I had exactly the same email when I was over the 6 months. I applied on 27th of April 2017 but still no answer from home office. I contacted mp , solicitors. They keep saying wait. Hopefully youres not going to be like mine . Very stressful.

Bathroom11
United Kingdom

Post by Bathroom11 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:14 am

smallpie wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:45 pm
@ bathroom11,

I dont think those two months will be a problem.

In my situation, I told them in covering letter and my wife wrote similar too, ( just over ten years ago docs they are asking for).. We said we can't find all the docs month by month, we missed out some months.. but they can still see the constituency of payments to the account and her payslips.
Infact, not all her bank statements we can find too.. We missed out some months..

So you can just say yr wife cldnt find those two payslips.. (I personally wouldnt tell them she wasn't working by those two months)

Put the rest of all you all.

I made it easy for the caseworker by highlighting the each dates my wife's wages goes into her account.

You need to see my docs lol
It was big package, cost 10£ to send to them recorded delivery.

I wish all the best..
Thanks again for your reply
The thing I wanted to tell them about these 2 months because I want to tell the truth you never know they might say that in these 2 months her pay slips doesn't appear in the bank statements in this 2 months because obviously she just starting working permanently after these two months which I have all pay slips also I told them I had my own saving card from my home country which I used for withdrawing some cash for little help during this period but obviously that was 9 years ago I don't have any cash atm reciept I thought I would never need them i just want to be honest with them I really in those 10 months gap I never worked I was just sitting at home waiting for my decision on spouse visa so basically i have fully payslips for last 8 months of these 10 months before that my wife is mum luckly she was helping us with cash transfer constantly through all that time plus i was using my own card for little help we found some random receipts with my wife name and i am sending my actual bank card which i was using at this time and hopefully will work

Samr33
Newly Registered
France

Post by Samr33 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:23 am

Kurabor wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:04 pm
Samr33 wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:32 pm

Dear Mr XX,

Yours Sincerely,

I had exactly the same email when I was over the 6 months. I applied on 27th of April 2017 but still no answer from home office. I contacted mp , solicitors. They keep saying wait. Hopefully youres not going to be like mine . Very stressful.
What did your MP say?

Ciaocico
Mood:
Italy

Post by Ciaocico » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:01 pm

Thank you for your e-mail. All applications are dealt with in application receipt date order. As you application was received on 06th November 17, It will take a while longer for your application to be considered. Once your application is decided, you will be contacted by your caseworker.

Thank you

FMT

FMT Admin Support Nationality Group.
Please I receive emil from HO any one help please thanks

AnnBB
Newly Registered
Bulgaria

Post by AnnBB » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:04 pm

Hello

I submitted a citizenship application around a month ago (unfortunately via post as I wasn't aware of the online application option at the time) and received acknowledgement of receipt from the Home Office on 26 January 2018.

I will likely be working abroad during the next few months / travelling a lot and will also be changing my address. Given this uncertainty and that I do not know how long it will take for the application to be reviewed and approved, do you think there will be any issues if I give the Home Office my employer's address (as an updated personal address) where any communication and original documents can be sent to me?

Also would there be an issue if I need to travel from abroad to attend the citizenship ceremony (as mentioned, I might be seconded outside of the UK for work for a few weeks/months and will not have a permanent address in the UK at the time)?

Thanks in advance

Hanialek
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by Hanialek » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:24 pm

AnnBB wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:04 pm
Hello

I submitted a citizenship application around a month ago (unfortunately via post as I wasn't aware of the online application option at the time) and received acknowledgement of receipt from the Home Office on 26 January 2018.

I will likely be working abroad during the next few months / travelling a lot and will also be changing my address. Given this uncertainty and that I do not know how long it will take for the application to be reviewed and approved, do you think there will be any issues if I give the Home Office my employer's address (as an updated personal address) where any communication and original documents can be sent to me?

Also would there be an issue if I need to travel from abroad to attend the citizenship ceremony (as mentioned, I might be seconded outside of the UK for work for a few weeks/months and will not have a permanent address in the UK at the time)?

Thanks in advance
You could also set up post office redirection from the address you gave to HO to your employer.

AnnBB
Newly Registered
Bulgaria

Post by AnnBB » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:11 pm

Hanialek wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:24 pm
AnnBB wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:04 pm
Hello

Thanks in advance
You could also set up post office redirection from the address you gave to HO to your employer.
That might be an easy solution, thanks!