ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SS PR application - Absence query

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

johnlk
United Kingdom

SS PR application - Absence query

Post by johnlk » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:33 am

Hi, sorry if it's been asked before, but I cannot find an answer.
Like many other members, we've been a long time away from the forum until now when we hope to soon be applying for PR under the SS rules.
Just a quick question regarding the absence from the UK part of the form: does this mean absences by my non-eu spouse, or myself?

We've both had absences, but I'm guessing my wife's time in and out will be better recorded as her passport was usually swiped and mine (UK) not.
We are trying to make travel plans for the next few months so the answer could determine if we apply now or later (or much later as the case may be).

johnlk
United Kingdom

Re: SS PR application - Absence query

Post by johnlk » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:05 pm

Ok, so it looks like it's my wife's absences that matter.

We haven't tallied up exactly her time out of the UK, but it looks like it could be quite close, or even over the 6 month maximum.
So the new question would be: has anyone applied and succeeded even though they had been absent for +6 months of one of the 5 qualifying years?
This was all last year so I suppose the 5 year counter would restart from when she last entered the UK?
We won't be applying if we're sure to be refused as I'm sure that would make things worse in the long run.