ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bringing my non eu spouse trvelling to ireland

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Densky
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Bringing my non eu spouse trvelling to ireland

Post by Densky » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:29 am

Hi

i just would like to clarify if i can bring my non eu husband with me to relocate and move to ireland. I am a british citizen. Im am planning to find work in ireland at thesame time apply my husband to travel with me so we can go together. Is this possible? What kind a visa Do i need for my husband? What are the requirements? Can we travel at thesame time? Or i need to find work there first, then apply him after? Please i need your help.

Thank you very much.

shpirtshqipe
Member of Standing

Re: Bringing my non eu spouse trvelling to ireland

Post by shpirtshqipe » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:00 pm

Hi,

Which country is your spouse from?
You can easily check if your spouse needs a visa to enter ireland here:
http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/check-irish-visa

If your spouse needs visa you need to apply for C Visa Single entry.

You, the EU Citisen need about 3 months to fully establish yourself in Ireland. This includes getting a job, tenancy agreement, PPSN (NI Number), utility bills etc. Once you have these in place and evidence of these you can proceed applying for your spouse’s Residence Permit.

Read carefully the instructions given to MichaelTN post and the replies given there. The same process would apply to you

Regards

Densky
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Densky » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:59 pm

Thank you so much for your clarification, my only worries is that if we can travel both at thesame time, or do i need to be in ireland first. I was trying to read the comments on michael post and his situation is that, he was already in ireland while applying her spouse visa. My spouse is in the philippines right now. We will travel together if his visa will approve.

Do you know how long would it take for the C visa processing to be approved?

I was a bit confused on what steps i need to do.

Thank you very much for your help.

Best regards..

shpirtshqipe
Member of Standing

Post by shpirtshqipe » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:10 pm

In your case would be better if you were here first as your spouse may need a visa to come to Ireland. To be certain you can also ring the Irish Embassy in the Philippines. The reason being is you need to setup yourself with a job, tenancy agreement, utility bills, PPSN (NI Number) etc. This can take couple of months. I suppose you could apply for the C Visa but only after you’ve been in Ireland for 1 month first (to allow a bit of time in getting yourself established here in Ireland).

I’m not sure how long it takes for the C Visa as sometimes this can depend on the Embassy’s workload etc. You can ring the Irish Embassy in Philippines l to find out processing times for C Visa though.

May I ask what your profession is?