ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Online Application & NDRS

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

abhishek_10
India

Online Application & NDRS

Post by abhishek_10 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:53 pm

Hi Guys

I wanted to ask a couple of questions regarding the new Online/NDRS application. I have a NCS appointment in a couple of weeks, but am pondering if going with Online application could be a better way. Could someone please advice:
1. I assume the 5 year period for Online application is counted from the day the application is submitted online (and not the day documents are submitted to the council). Is that correct?
2. I've read on the forum, quite a few people got a response in less than 2 months (where NCS can take 6 months or more as well). Is Online application quicker?

Responses would be greatly appreciated.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Online Application & NDRS

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm

Lengthy topic below if you have not already gone through answering these questions.

british-citizenship/british-citizenship ... 0-140.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Dippy263

Re: Online Application & NDRS

Post by Dippy263 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:53 pm

abhishek_10 wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:53 pm
Hi Guys

I wanted to ask a couple of questions regarding the new Online/NDRS application. I have a NCS appointment in a couple of weeks, but am pondering if going with Online application could be a better way. Could someone please advice:
1. I assume the 5 year period for Online application is counted from the day the application is submitted online (and not the day documents are submitted to the council). Is that correct?
2. I've read on the forum, quite a few people got a response in less than 2 months (where NCS can take 6 months or more as well). Is Online application quicker?

Responses would be greatly appreciated.

I have found the online system much better and straight forward if you have a straight forward case. its taking close to 3 weeks for them to go through from a few people I know that have done it.
The reason for slow process is entering all the data online from the paper applications, where as now you are doing it all yourself online and all HO have to do is verify the information is correct, save yourself the fee and do it online....... but if you have a complicated situation then that's a different story I guess