ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General ILR - Absence Query Urgent - Appointment in 3 days

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shreejiswami
Newly Registered
India

Tier 2 General ILR - Absence Query Urgent - Appointment in 3 days

Post by shreejiswami » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:26 pm

Hi All

I have appointment this friday for Tier 2 General ILR . In last 5 years I have 4 -5 weeks of absence every year all during month of december for long holiday to India . In 2014 december , i have taken 6 weeks of holiday where i have worked 2 weeks remotely from india and 4 weeks was actual holiday .

My employer has issued letter with all detail e.g salary , SOC , need for foreseable furere and 25 leaves every year . They have also mention that i have NOT taken any upaid leave in last 5 years. ( I am with single employer for all 5 years )

However due to employer legal position, they can't issue letter saying i have worked 2 weeks remotely from india in december 2014.

How should i mention in absecce in 6.3 for reason for absence

A. Should i say all were holiday for 6 weeks but then there were 27 working days so i am over by 2 days ?
B .Should i say 4 weeks holiday and 2 week remote working ? if i mention this ,will they ask confirmation from employer for remote working ? i won't be able to get this confirmation.

Employer has already confirmed in letter that there isn't any unpaid holiday so if i mention option A as e.g Holiday for reason of absence for these six week,does that cover indirectly by statement of saying i haven't taken any unpaid holiday ?

By policy of employer , employee are allowed to take 5 unused holiday to next year which i have taken so i was having 30 holiday in year 2015 anyway. However again i don't think employer will issue seperate letter for this .

Appreciate your quick reponse on this please.

Thank you for wonderful and noble cause to help community .

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 2 General ILR - Absence Query Urgent - Appointment in 3 days

Post by zimba » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:31 pm

You do NOT need such confirmation at all. You can view that period as an extended absence approved by your employer. That is all
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

KenBossini
India

Post by KenBossini » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:15 pm

shreejiswami wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:26 pm
I was exactly in the same situation. From my experience, if your employer is genuine, no need to think much about it. Just add those days as absences from the UK in your absence schedule. If you want, you may split the absence into actual holiday and remote working. I didn't even split like this, and still there were no issues. Bottom line - Don't worry about this, you'll be alright.

K.

shreejiswami
Newly Registered
India

Post by shreejiswami » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:40 pm

Guys ,you are amazing and lightning fast.

So i only need to mention "holiday " as reason for asbsence in section 6.2 of ILR SET(O) form where it ask date left , date return and reason for absence .

If i mention remote working 2 weeks holiday 4 weeks , i suspect they may ask for proof from employer that i worked remotely ?

KenBossini
India

Post by KenBossini » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:59 pm

Yes possibly. As you would already have the employer letter stating you haven't taken any unpaid holidays, keeping those as holidays should be fine.

K.