ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Origin of Funds

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Evicra
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Origin of Funds

Post by Evicra » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:21 pm

hi.
i applied for T1 E visa in july 2017, waiting for reply from home office after complex letter.
q. i heard that now they are interviewing 99% of applicants, is that true?

q.2 i am clear about home office requirement for funds to be shown in business account with applicant name but if applicant is announced for interview , can they ask for proof of origin of funds. e.g i got my visa approved from Pakistan and showed funds there in bank account.

if yes any advice would be highly appriciated

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Origin of Funds

Post by zimba » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:41 pm

i applied for T1 E visa in july 2017, waiting for reply from home office after complex letter.
Not necessarily. However the interviews are being conducted more than before
q.2 i am clear about home office requirement for funds to be shown in business account with applicant name but if applicant is announced for interview , can they ask for proof of origin of funds. e.g i got my visa approved from Pakistan and showed funds there in bank account.
Yes, some applicants have been asked to show where they got the money
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Evicra
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by Evicra » Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:31 pm

zimba88 wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:41 pm
Not necessarily. However the interviews are being conducted more than before
Yes, some applicants have been asked to show where they got the money
Qs. when you are in business you dont get all payments on card machine, some times customers pay you cash. payments received in cash paid in to personal account as cash then introduced as DL or paid into abc account and then transferred to personal then introduced as DL in business account? , is that against rule

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:49 pm

The T1E route applicants are expected to invest money into the economy. Sales revenue is definitely not fresh cash investment, irrespective of how you structure it.
So, Yes, I would say it is against the rules.
You are also collecting cash and not showing it as business revenue - this is against tax rules also.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

Evicra
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by Evicra » Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:30 pm

i was doing electronics retails in place A from around July 2015 then i opened another store in in place b under same limited company that i applied for tier 1 entre prenure. payments for both shops have been going from same account till now e.g rent etc

is there any complication in this if there is what should i take care of . please advise gurus.

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:58 pm

Evicra wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:30 pm
i was doing electronics retails in place A from around July 2015 then i opened another store in in place b under same limited company that i applied for tier 1 entre prenure. payments for both shops have been going from same account till now e.g rent etc

is there any complication in this if there is what should i take care of . please advise gurus.
I can't see why there should be any problems - they are both from the same company
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

Evicra
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by Evicra » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:47 pm

thank you MarcNath

bizman
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by bizman » Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:08 pm

Evicra wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:30 pm

Do you have financial accounts for the business.
Bizman

Evicra
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by Evicra » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:03 pm

yes i do

bizman
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by bizman » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:07 am

It is one critical document that is necessary to prove genuineness of your business
Bizman

Evicra
Member of Standing
Pakistan

What is a new business?

Post by Evicra » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:22 pm

Hi all.

in appendix A business activity rule no 46 it says "46. A business will only be considered to be a “new” business for the purposes of paragraph 43 and Tables 5 and 6 if it was established by the applicant no earlier than 12 months (or 24 months if the applicant was previously granted leave as a Tier 1 (Graduate Entrepreneur) Migrant) before the date of the application which led to the applicant’s first grant of leave as a Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) Migrant."

my company was established in march 2011 and i applied for extension in july 2017. according to this rule will my business be considered and NOT NEW business .

please advise.

marcnath
United Kingdom

Re: What is a new business?

Post by marcnath » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:29 pm

Evicra wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:22 pm
Hi all.

in appendix A business activity rule no 46 it says "46. A business will only be considered to be a “new” business for the purposes of paragraph 43 and Tables 5 and 6 if it was established by the applicant no earlier than 12 months (or 24 months if the applicant was previously granted leave as a Tier 1 (Graduate Entrepreneur) Migrant) before the date of the application which led to the applicant’s first grant of leave as a Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) Migrant."

my company was established in march 2011 and i applied for extension in july 2017. according to this rule will my business be considered and NOT NEW business .

please advise.
It is 12 months before "first grant" application, not extension. So, it depends when you applied for your initial visa - if that was after March 2012, then yes, your business will not be considered new.

This has impact only on the Job creation - you need some additional documents.

If that is the case, get those documents and send it across ASAP.

Evicra
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by Evicra » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:39 pm

marcnath wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:29 pm
Evicra wrote:
Hi all.

please advise.
It is 12 months before "first grant" application, not extension. So, it depends when you applied for your initial visa - if that was after March 2012, then yes, your business will not be considered new.

i applied for extension

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:20 pm

Evicra wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:39 pm
marcnath wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:29 pm
Evicra wrote:
Hi all.

please advise.

i applied for extension
Yes, I understand. But whether it is a new business depends on when you applied for your initial visa - when was that ?

Evicra
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by Evicra » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:45 pm

In feb 2014

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:09 pm

Evicra wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:45 pm
In feb 2014
So that means your business is not a NEW Business.

If you have not submitted the additional documents for Job Creation required for those who joined a business, you need to send those now.

Evicra
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by Evicra » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:16 am

There were no FPS 12 moths imediatly before the job was created (between march 2011 to june 2015)so thats why i could not produce it for home office
Please advise what other documents i can send

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:55 am

Evicra wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:16 am
There were no FPS 12 moths imediatly before the job was created (between march 2011 to june 2015)so thats why i could not produce it for home office
Please advise what other documents i can send
Just a letter from the accountant as specified in the guidance and a note as to why you are providing the 12 months prior FPS (because you had no employees)

Evicra
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by Evicra » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:09 am

Just a letter from the accountant as specified in the guidance and a note as to why you are providing the 12 months prior FPS (because you had no employees)
thank you for your replies MarcNath..please see attached letter from accountant and attribute list which i attached to my visa extension . http://www.mediafire.com/folder/ogdhvxhs0f79a/temfolder

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:23 am

Evicra wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:09 am
thank you for your replies MarcNath..please see attached letter from accountant and attribute list which i attached to my visa extension . http://www.mediafire.com/folder/ogdhvxhs0f79a/temfolder
You seem to have done very well and professionally , so not sure what was the original cause of concern.

There is just one thing that seems to be missing in the accountant letter (or I did not spot it).

(vii) if the business did not employ workers before you took over or joined it, confirmation of this,

It may be worth sending an updated letter covering that point.

Evicra
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by Evicra » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:41 am

Thank you for your appriciation. In accountant letter there is a paragrapg regarding that, i underlined it. Dont you think it will serve the purpose.

Evicra
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by Evicra » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:18 am

You seem to have done very well and professionally ,
all under your supervision MarcNath.

uk-tier-1-entrepreneur-visas/i-am-about ... 32732.html

Thank you.

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:43 am

Evicra wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:41 am
Thank you for your appriciation. In accountant letter there is a paragrapg regarding that, i underlined it. Dont you think it will serve the purpose.
The paragraph you highlighted talks about the jobs created between 2015 and 2017. It does not mention that there were no jobs earlier, which even if is not the exact words required in the immigration rules, would have been good to add to meet the specific requirement set out in the immigration rules as below:

(vii) if the business did not employ workers before you took over or joined it, confirmation of this,

Evicra
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by Evicra » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:19 pm

accountant said i have provided what was required. will provide only other info when asked officially. in the mean time i called employer's help line on HMRC. And asked for details of my company payroll for year 2014/15 i asked who was employee at that time on my payroll

janury 2015
6.7p employuer nic contribution
5.28p employee nic contribution
feb 2015
110.40 employuer nic contribution
96 for employee nic contribution
march 2015
96 employee nic contributio

that was the only info they had on my company payroll for year 2014/15 (initial application approved in march 2014

then i requested them to send me details of my payroll 2014/2015 in post they said they will after reviewing my request.

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:45 pm

Evicra wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:19 pm
accountant said i have provided what was required. will provide only other info when asked officially. in the mean time i called employer's help line on HMRC. And asked for details of my company payroll for year 2014/15 i asked who was employee at that time on my payroll

janury 2015
6.7p employuer nic contribution
5.28p employee nic contribution
feb 2015
96 for employee nic contribution
march 2015
96 employee nic contributio

that was the only info they had on my company payroll for year 2014/15 (initial application approved in march 2014

then i requested them to send me details of my payroll 2014/2015 in post they said they will after reviewing my request.
Ok. I don't think it is going to be an issue.
Do you know when you registered for PAYE ? Most probably it was when you employed the 1st person. If so, that will be evidence you did not employ anyone before that.
Alternatively, if the company was registered for PAYE before, then you would have EPRs for the previous year (which is another required document) showing nil employees.
I don't understand why the accountant can't give a letter saying there were no employees before 2015 - unless they were not the accountants during that period.