ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR DUE BUT FAILED IN LIFE IN UK

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jafferdeen
Member of Standing

ILR DUE BUT FAILED IN LIFE IN UK

Post by jafferdeen » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:07 pm

hi

if someone is on PBS dependent visa and completed 5 years and now due for ILR soon and if he is failed in Life in UK few times and need more time to study .......will he able able to apply for PBS dependent visa again to get some more time , although he has already completed 5 years as PBS Dependent .

Main applicant got ILR on the basis of 5 years Tier 1 General.

PLease advice
J Khan

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR DUE BUT FAILED IN LIFE IN UK

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:12 pm

will he able able to apply for PBS dependent visa again to get some more time
Yes.

They must apply for PBS dependent extension before their visa expires. An extension will be for 3 years. Visa fee and £600 IHS to be paid. 90 days maintenance funds is still mandatory.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

jafferdeen
Member of Standing

Post by jafferdeen » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:45 pm

Thanks for your prompt reply
J Khan

katanayi
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by katanayi » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:47 pm

To Practice life in the UK test

general-uk-immigration-forum/knowledge- ... 07512.html

in above thread go to Practice section--> 2nd website ( as not allowed to put weblink here).

In that you see EXAM section, most of the questions come from 1-14 exam section on this website, you need less than a week. Please make sure you are using correct website which has Test and Exam section.
Just do practice from Exam section on the website and it is free.

I am not promoting but this is my personal experience and hope it helps you too, good luck

seasky
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by seasky » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:03 pm

I was a GMAT (test for MBA acceptance) instructor in a previous life. LIUK is not difficult but alas tests in general are not for everyone, language is not straightforward etc.

Besides "more study" need to focus on technique in study and the test. (I know there are courses as well, I learn better in course than myself, have no idea the quality of these courses, unfortunately I have an impression that services aimed to immigrants are on average not high e.g. solicitors)

To remove the difficulty of learning OK to remove difficult/boring chapters (e.g.) History

it is multiple choice so at any questions remove the answers you think are wrongs and guess among the others

do not leave any question unanswered (guess)

good luck

jafferdeen
Member of Standing

Post by jafferdeen » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:34 pm

in regards to 90 days maintenance.....a little confusion

1- Can husband and wife combine thier bank statements to meet the requirement? because the account balance went to £400 during last 90 days

2- The wife is on ILR from Tier 2 General.Can she still use a letter from her tier 2 sponsor.Although she has ILR but she is still working for same Employer
J Khan

Devin
Pakistan

Post by Devin » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:36 pm

katanayi wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:47 pm
To Practice life in the UK test

general-uk-immigration-forum/knowledge- ... 07512.html

in above thread go to Practice section--> 2nd website ( as not allowed to put weblink here).

In that you see EXAM section, most of the questions come from 1-14 exam section on this website, you need less than a week. Please make sure you are using correct website which has Test and Exam section.
Just do practice from Exam section on the website and it is free.

I am not promoting but this is my personal experience and hope it helps you too, good luck
1-14 exam section is very helpfull. I read the book and practiced the questions under exam section from the website you have mentioned above. Its extremely useful. Few of my frinds also prepared from there and all passed first attempt without any issue. But its important to do all questions in "Exam" section.

jafferdeen
Member of Standing

Post by jafferdeen » Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:08 pm

Thank you for kind advice
J Khan

jafferdeen
Member of Standing

Post by jafferdeen » Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:08 pm

in regards to 90 days maintenance.....a little confusion

1- Can husband and wife combine thier bank statements to meet the requirement? because the account balance went to £400 during last 90 days

2- The wife is on ILR from Tier 2 General.Can she still use a letter from her tier 2 sponsor.Although she has ILR but she is still working for same Employer
J Khan