ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Premium upgrade timeline ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

namhar
Newly Registered

Premium upgrade timeline ILR

Post by namhar » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:24 am

Hi
Recently has anyone upgraded from postal to premium and can you share a timeline and other info on the upgrade please? This would give me hope and some idea of how long it’s taking these days. My husband applied for a premium upgrade a few times and was provisionally accepted. I think it took a few go’s because they say they only consider/accept the first 5 emails each day. He always emailed them at just after 8am. This is his timeline so far:

Applied postal ILR SET(M) partner 5 year route: 10.1.18
Application received by HO: 11.1.18
Acknowledgement email received from HO: 26.1.18
Emailed premium upgrade requests: from 30.1.18, tried for a few days
Premium upgrade provisionally accepted/eligible: 7.2.18

It’s now 13 days since the provisional acceptance of upgrade email. How long is it taking these days once upgrade is accepted? And then how long until getting a decision? Please share experiences.

namhar
Newly Registered

Re: Premium upgrade timeline ILR

Post by namhar » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:11 am

namhar wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:24 am
Hi
Recently has anyone upgraded from postal to premium and can you share a timeline and other info on the upgrade please? This would give me hope and some idea of how long it’s taking these days. My husband applied for a premium upgrade a few times and was provisionally accepted. I think it took a few go’s because they say they only consider/accept the first 5 emails each day. He always emailed them at just after 8am. This is his timeline so far:

Applied postal ILR SET(M) partner 5 year route: 10.1.18
Application received by HO: 11.1.18
Acknowledgement email received from HO: 26.1.18
Emailed premium upgrade requests: from 30.1.18, tried for a few days
Premium upgrade provisionally accepted/eligible: 7.2.18

It’s now 13 days since the provisional acceptance of upgrade email. How long is it taking these days once upgrade is accepted? And then how long until getting a decision? Please share experiences.
Update to the timeline so far: HO/UKBA took credit card payment on 19.2.18. That’s 12 days after being provisionally eligible for upgrade.

Can anyone who succeeded with upgrade to premium recently please share their timelines and experiences?

namhar
Newly Registered

Questions about attending PSC / PEO Liverpool

Post by namhar » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:50 am

I’d be grateful for any advice from forum moderators and members who know about attending PSC appointments. My husband has been provisionally accepted for upgrade to premium (for ILR SET M 5-year partner application) and would go in person to Liverpool PSC.
Can I attend the appointment with him?
Are children (non applicants) allowed in?
Do the caseworkers ask the applicant questions on the spot if they have a query, or do they just give the decision?

Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Questions about attending PSC / PEO Liverpool

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:01 am

Can I attend the appointment with him?

You are suppose to attend with him.
Are children (non applicants) allowed in?
Yes.
Do the caseworkers ask the applicant questions on the spot if they have a query, or do they just give the decision?

They might, they might not. It is not an interview. They will simply tell what documents they want.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

namhar
Newly Registered

Post by namhar » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:29 am

Thanks CR001. When you say that I’m supposed to attend the PSC appointment too, to clarify I’m his British wife and sponsor. Both our young children are British. Will I have to attend in this case? Should the British children come too? One is 4 years old, the other 4 months.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:39 am

Will I have to attend in this case?
You are expected to attend with your spouse. If you are not able to, you have to write a letter as to why you are not able to attend and support the application.
Should the British children come too?
No they DO NOT have to attend but they can if you choose to take them, i.e. they won't be refused entry.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

namhar
Newly Registered

Post by namhar » Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:09 pm

Thanks CR001 for your help.