ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EC for dependants under HSMP – Compelling Circumstances

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Isbdian
Newly Registered

EC for dependants under HSMP – Compelling Circumstances

Post by Isbdian » Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:39 pm

Hello Everyone,

I know the topic has been replied before but I am so badly pressed on it that I desperately need some advice for a way forward (or through!).

I am an HSMP holder and have recently obtained Entry Clearance. I am single and live with my widow mother who is around 70 years old. We live together in our family house (owned by my mother). I take care of her all financial needs and look after all her age-related health issues.

My only other sibling, a brother is married to a Japanese lady and is settled in Tokyo since past 10 years.

Because of her age related health vulnerability and need for constant care and company, I was compelled to apply for her Entry Clearance along with mine. Her application got refused (as most of you would have guessed).

Her applycation for EC was based on following facts;

a. Evidence of her age through National ID card and her marital status by providing death certificate of her husband (that is my father)

b. Evidence that we live together by providing ownership documents of our house, and attached some old and new utility bills (some in her name and some in mine) to show that we live together in the same house

c. Evidence that I am her only close relative in country who is currently looking after her by providing a family tree issued by National Registration Authority showing the names and ID card Numbers and other details of our family members (herself, mine and my brother's)

d. That my only other brother is not in country by providing a copy of my elder brother’s passport that demonstrates that he is settled in Japan on an open-ended permit
The rejection letter states two reasons of rejection as follows;

1. The HSMP dependent list does not include mothers

2. That her case is looked for compassionate circumstances but “I note that you are not destitute, living in a large house and are well travelled have not provided any evidence of compelling or compassionate circumstancesâ€

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: EC for dependants under HSMP – Compelling Circumstance

Post by Wanderer » Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:09 pm

Isbdian wrote:I simply can’t leave her alone and migrate to UK.
No, you can stay in your home country with your mother. Your call.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Isbdian
Newly Registered

Re: EC for dependants under HSMP – Compelling Circumstance

Post by Isbdian » Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:34 pm

Wanderer wrote:No, you can stay in your home country with your mother. Your call.
Thanks for your reply "Wanderer".

Anybody with less obvious suggestion or two! :)

Isbdian
Newly Registered

URGENT : Was it such a difficiult question ?

Post by Isbdian » Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:33 pm

Hello,

I was hoping to get some suggestion from the members but anyway....

An immigration consultant has advised me to take my mother along on visit visa and once I am settled in UK (have job and arrange accommodation) sponsor her either by travelling out of UK and coming back on new visa of simply get her visa category changed through a lawyer in UK.

I want to know if this is practical approach and if anyone has done this before?

A quick and helpful response will be much appreciated.

Regards,

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:49 pm

it is hard to advice on this

but u can choose to be a good son and work in yr country , she will be comfortable , she have her own identity there

here it is very hard to get a job , assume u may get but it will be very hard to take care

care cost is rocketing

if i have to go through this i will chhose my mother , this will be very emotional and sensible decision

rest up to u

be a good son to a career oriented person

regards

eliasuk4u
Member of Standing

Re: URGENT : Was it such a difficiult question ?

Post by eliasuk4u » Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:03 am

Isbdian wrote:Hello,

I was hoping to get some suggestion from the members but anyway....

An immigration consultant has advised me to take my mother along on visit visa and once I am settled in UK (have job and arrange accommodation) sponsor her either by travelling out of UK and coming back on new visa of simply get her visa category changed through a lawyer in UK.

I want to know if this is practical approach and if anyone has done this before?

A quick and helpful response will be much appreciated.

Regards,
It is very unlikely that BHC will issue her visitors visa as they already hold her information of refusal and there is no evidence of return after her visit as you have already metioned no other family member to go back and by the way I do not think its possible to switch from visitors visa to other category.

Isbdian
Newly Registered

Thank You

Post by Isbdian » Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:19 am

Thanks for your replies.