ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Pay date different on playslip

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mysterylady11
United Kingdom

Pay date different on playslip

Post by mysterylady11 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:01 am

I apologise if there has been a post about this before , I Searched the forum but couldn’t find a clear answer. I get paid every 20th on the month unless it falls on the weekend or bank holiday. My worry is on my payslip it says “ pay begins 1feb- pay end date - 28 Feb” and then it’s says payment date is 28feb. Does your payment date need to match the date the money goes in your account ? Anyone with similar issues?

Would this affect my application? I’m really confused.

Kind regards

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Pay date different on playslip

Post by seagul » Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:34 am

Its a very usual practice where the payslips are being prepared a little bit earlier than the actual pay in bank account. Moreover, a lot of times the actual pay day falls on weekend or bank holiday which cause the payment be delayed 1-2 days until the next working day. It's all common & acceptable practices. I believe it should be known to caseworker too.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:36 am

Some people are even paid +/- 1 day or two before payslip date. Remember salaried payment are usually made with BAC which automatically pays into your account so it can sometimes pay you a day or two early or late.
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

mysterylady11
United Kingdom

Post by mysterylady11 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:30 am

Londoner007 wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:36 am
Some people are even paid +/- 1 day or two before payslip date. Remember salaried payment are usually made with BAC which automatically pays into your account so it can sometimes pay you a day or two early or late.
Ok I was getting worried because it doesn’t show the day I get paid on my payslip, it just show pay begin date and payment end date and then payment date. This is the first employer I’ve been with that does their payslip like this so I was confused.

mysterylady11
United Kingdom

Post by mysterylady11 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:31 am

seagul wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:34 am
Its a very usual practice where the payslips are being prepared a little bit earlier than the actual pay in bank account. Moreover, a lot of times the actual pay day falls on weekend or bank holiday which cause the payment be delayed 1-2 days until the next working day. It's all common & acceptable practices. I believe it should be known to caseworker too.

My pay went in my account on the 20th but on my payslip it says payment date the 28th.

My contract also states that we paid the 20th of each month.

Thank you guys for your quick responses.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:23 pm

Shouldn't matter. If it comes to it they may call employer to clarify. Reason they give a range of pay date is because they probably process everyone payment within that week. I think the main thing is whatever pay amount is stated on payslip is matched with bank statement showing same amount going in to account, around similar times.
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

mysterylady11
United Kingdom

Post by mysterylady11 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:40 am

Hi all, I am worried. I applied for spouse visa on the 21st of July as I got paid the 20th July my last payslip was sent to my address. Now I am bit worried after reading a few post on here as my payslips have period begin and period end date, it shows payment date 31st of July even though pay goes into account on 20th.
pkease advice me on the best way to go about this as I am really worried.
kind regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:46 am

mysterylady11 wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:40 am
Hi all, I am worried. I applied for spouse visa on the 21st of July as I got paid the 20th July my last payslip was sent to my address. Now I am bit worried after reading a few post on here as my payslips have period begin and period end date, it shows payment date 31st of July even though pay goes into account on 20th.
pkease advice me on the best way to go about this as I am really worried.
kind regards
It is normal, nothing to worry about. You are overthinking.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mysterylady11
United Kingdom

Post by mysterylady11 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:54 pm

Thank you so much , just really nervous and worrying too much.