ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Any update for Indian today

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

deepakad
Newly Registered

Post by deepakad » Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:29 am

Hi,

I am trying to search Home office site since morning to find out any update for applicants who will be applying from India on Tier 1, but i am not able to find anything. Can anyone else got any update on this ?....

vnvijay

Re: Any update for Indian today

Post by vnvijay » Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:52 am

read this!!!!!!!!!!

Hi friends, Its great pleasure for me to join this group, I have got
many inputs earlier on HSMP. I am planning to apply for Tier-1 and so
gone thru the entire guidance from morning today and thought of sharing
with u all – pls correct me for any of my misunderstandings
- Tier-1 = Applying for HSMP + EC (Single shot)
- No need to send the filed Docs to UK thru courier, just fill the
Tier-1 form and submit in ur local VFS office
- Fees is not actually increased, its just 600 Pounds (400 + 200) –
earlier 400 for HSMP + 200 for EC
- Maintenance is as usual as HSMP ( 2800 Ponds)

You can get complete details on Tier-1 who are applying from India and
the forms to be filled namely VAF9A and VAF9B in following URL
http://www.vfs-uk-in.com/pbsguidance.aspx

deepakad wrote:Hi,

I am trying to search Home office site since morning to find out any update for applicants who will be applying from India on Tier 1, but i am not able to find anything. Can anyone else got any update on this ?....

deepakad
Newly Registered

Post by deepakad » Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:39 pm

little concerned about maintainence funds ? is it saving in bank account or some other like stocks/mutuals funds/PF will also work?...

vnvijay

Post by vnvijay » Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:40 pm

Me to have same question, yet to get the answers!
deepakad wrote:little concerned about maintainence funds ? is it saving in bank account or some other like stocks/mutuals funds/PF will also work?...

deepakad
Newly Registered

Post by deepakad » Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:27 am

One more doubt...Now application will go the Local VFS office instead of UK home office right ?

vnvijay

Re: Any update for Indian today

Post by vnvijay » Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:51 am

just call the local VFS office for more info!!!!!!

rely

Post by rely » Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:49 am

hullo vnvijay,
did you manage to download these forms? there seems to be some technical problem.when u try to download vaf9b and vaf10 you dont get forms but Guidance notes.Called VFS mumbai ,they say they are not aware about it.it is a technical problem i beleive?
Did anyone experience it.?

rely

vnvijay wrote:read this!!!!!!!!!!

Hi friends, Its great pleasure for me to join this group, I have got
many inputs earlier on HSMP. I am planning to apply for Tier-1 and so
gone thru the entire guidance from morning today and thought of sharing
with u all – pls correct me for any of my misunderstandings
- Tier-1 = Applying for HSMP + EC (Single shot)
- No need to send the filed Docs to UK thru courier, just fill the
Tier-1 form and submit in ur local VFS office
- Fees is not actually increased, its just 600 Pounds (400 + 200) –
earlier 400 for HSMP + 200 for EC
- Maintenance is as usual as HSMP ( 2800 Ponds)

You can get complete details on Tier-1 who are applying from India and
the forms to be filled namely VAF9A and VAF9B in following URL
http://www.vfs-uk-in.com/pbsguidance.aspx

kaushal316

Post by kaushal316 » Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:41 am

Hi Rely,

VAF9 form is available at http://www.vfs-uk-in.com/images/PBS-VAF9%20B.pdf

shubi81

Enquiry regd new Tier1 from India

Post by shubi81 » Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:02 am

Hi ,
I am planning to submit the Tier1(general) Highly skilled workers(replacement of HSMP) from within India in end of April. I would really appreciate , if someone of you could answer my qusetions . I have gone thru the BIA website & am kind of confused regd certain things .

1)Shall I send the application forms with evidence to the BIA office in Sheffield,UK OR to VFS India ?
2)Shall I have to give my original passport (& my dependants also) ?
3)Is there a one time fee of GBP 600 OR I have to again pay at the time of getting EC from local British embassy in india ? So, is there a 2 step process of Initial approval & then EC ?? OR its replaced with a 1 step process ??
4) somewhere its written that , if I send the dependants application along with mine, it'll be treated free of charge , but in other places I found , dependants application will incur the same cost of GBP 600 ??

5) Last but not the least , is IELTS mandatory in the new Tier1 system ??

Thanks in advance guys !! I wish everyone become successful .

Cheers
Shubi

rely

Re: Enquiry regd new Tier1 from India

Post by rely » Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:33 pm

You have to file in India.
Yes original passports for all.
one time GBP600 for all if applied together.
One step only.
yes if you send dependents application together then gbp600.if filed separately later on then pay again gbp600.Good business isnt it?
Ielts not mandatory.feom where did you do your degree ie college,university and in which year?
Shubhi now you show me link of dependents form.I am not able to get that form.
rely

shubi81 wrote:Hi ,
I am planning to submit the Tier1(general) Highly skilled workers(replacement of HSMP) from within India in end of April. I would really appreciate , if someone of you could answer my qusetions . I have gone thru the BIA website & am kind of confused regd certain things .

1)Shall I send the application forms with evidence to the BIA office in Sheffield,UK OR to VFS India ?
3)Is there a one time fee of GBP 600 OR I have to again pay at the time of getting EC from local British embassy in india ? So, is there a 2 step process of Initial approval & then EC ?? OR its replaced with a 1 step process ??
4) somewhere its written that , if I send the dependants application along with mine, it'll be treated free of charge , but in other places I found , dependants application will incur the same cost of GBP 600 ??

Cheers
Shubi

rely

Post by rely » Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:57 pm

THANX.
Please also give link of dependents form VAF10 when applying from India.
rely
kaushal316 wrote:Hi Rely,

VAF9 form is available at http://www.vfs-uk-in.com/images/PBS-VAF9%20B.pdf

jcs

Post by jcs » Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:27 pm

I am planning to apply for the Tier 1 this month from India. If anybody has any updates on requirements of maintenance funds then please let us know. I have read that the requirement for Tier 1 applicants from UK is that the maintenance funds need not be there in your account since 3 months before your application date. Check this out: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=25171. The money can be there during the time of application only. This transitional arrangement is valid until 29th June '08. Is anybody aware if this is applicable for applicants from India also?

shubi81

Post by shubi81 » Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:24 pm

Hi Rely ,
Thanks for your response . But am not sure , didn't you get the dependant form in the BIA website ?
So, when we are submitting the forms in India VFS , the original Tier1 application form is not required or what ?? You guys are only talking abt VFS* forms ..?

Cheers
Shubi

shubi81

Post by shubi81 » Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:46 pm

Hi Rely , here's the VAF10 form for dependants :--

http://www.vfs-uk-in.com/images/VAF10%2 ... 0notes.pdf
rely wrote:You have to file in India.
One step only.
yes if you send dependents application together then gbp600.if filed separately later on then pay again gbp600.Good business isnt it?
Ielts not mandatory.feom where did you do your degree ie college,university and in which year?
rely

Cheers
Shubi

Jedi001
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

UK Tier 1 - Within India

Post by Jedi001 » Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:09 pm

Hello Friends,

I have few questions regarding Tier 1 application as I planning to apply within India, could someone please help me out with these questions:

1. Maintenance fund: I am confused about Maintenance fund,

Do I have to keep 800 Pounds in my bank account for the period of 3 months or Do I need 2800 pounds for the same period? Or 2800 pounds is amount which I have to show when I apply?

Can I take a personal loan on my name show that as my Maintenance fund? is that possible or HO wont consider that...Please advise?

2. Dependants Visa: I am married and I want to apply for me & my wife together though I would like to visit UK first so that I can get settled over there and then my wife will join me. I have checked lot of immigration forums and there I have learnt that few people got their Entry Clearance rejected because the Case Worker thought that "the person doesn't wants to make UK as their home". Please suggest what should be best possible option for me?

And if I have to take my wife with me then what would be the amount which I have to show in my bank account to get the visa approved?

3. NARIC Certificate: I have passed my Bachelors degree from Bangalore university. I have checked the http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk website wherein Bangalore University is listed in their database. Do I really need a NARIC certificate to prove my English proficiency?

For the moment I have these many questions only. I would really appreciate if you could please advise me on the above questions.

Kind Regards,

Jedi001

Jedi001
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

UK Tier -Within India

Post by Jedi001 » Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:25 pm

Paragraph From : http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/workin ... intenance/

Just wanted to share this and also if you guys could confirm whether we need 800 pounds for 3 months or not?

"
For example, if you apply under Tier 1 (General) on 12 June, a single bank statement with a closing balance of £800 dated between 12 May and 12 June will meet the maintenance requirements. A bank statement dated before 12 May will not be acceptable.

For applications submitted within the United Kingdom on or after 30 June 2008, and for applications submitted from within India, you will have to meet the requirements below.

Full details of these requirements are in the immigration rules at paragraph 245B of part 6A, and Appendix C.

You must send one or a combination of the following:

personal bank or building society statements covering a period of three months;
building society passbook or passbooks covering a period of three months;
letter from your bank confirming the level of funds in your bank account and that they have been held in that account for at least three months;
letter from a financial institution regulated by the Financial Services Authority confirming funds.
"

rely

Post by rely » Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:11 am

These are the guidance notes NOT a dependant form.
rely

shubi81 wrote:Hi Rely , here's the VAF10 form for dependants :--

http://www.vfs-uk-in.com/images/VAF10%2 ... 0notes.pdf
rely wrote:You have to file in India.
One step only.
rely

Cheers
Shubi

rely

Post by rely » Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:56 am

there is nothing like original tier1 form.Only single window process.VFS forms fill up and submit personally.Poor OISC consultants
rely
shubi81 wrote:Hi Rely ,
Thanks for your response . But am not sure , didn't you get the dependant form in the BIA website ?
So, when we are submitting the forms in India VFS , the original Tier1 application form is not required or what ?? You guys are only talking abt VFS* forms ..?

Cheers
Shubi
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Jedi001
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Maintenance Funds - UK tier 1

Post by Jedi001 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:25 am

Hello All,

Can anyone answer the below question please...

Maintenance Fund:-

1. Do we need 800 pounds for the period of 3 months?
or
2. Do we need 2800 pounds for the period of 3 months?
or
3. Do we need 2800 pounds for the period of 1 month?

I am planning to apply from India.

Kind regards

Jedi001

suresh_tnj
Newly Registered

Post by suresh_tnj » Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:40 pm

Jedi its 2800 pounds for the period of 3 months :( even i am waiting for 3 months after that i need to apply

ajaylakhani
Newly Registered

Dependant's fee

Post by ajaylakhani » Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:51 am

"Any dependant applications sent with your form will pay the same fee as you"

quoted from http://www.vfs-uk-in.com/pbsguidance.aspx

I guess i need to pay 600£ X 2 = £1200, am i right ?

Jedi001
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Dependant's fee

Post by Jedi001 » Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:45 pm

ajaylakhani wrote:"Any dependant applications sent with your form will pay the same fee as you"

quoted from http://www.vfs-uk-in.com/pbsguidance.aspx

I guess i need to pay 600£ X 2 = £1200, am i right ?
Answer: You need only 600£ for yourself and dependants if you are applying together.