ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

time on uk settlement application in mumbai

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

RODNEY987
Newly Registered

time on uk settlement application in mumbai

Post by RODNEY987 » Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:40 pm

Hi All

My wife's uk settlement application was submitted at the beggining of march but the status on the "UNhelpful' vfs website states that the application is at the british high commision mumbai.

does anyone know how long it takes?

or is there some kind of delay?

eliasuk4u
Member of Standing

Post by eliasuk4u » Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:06 pm

Usually it takes maximum of 10 to 13 weeks but depends on the documentation it could be any time between one day and 10 weeks. what are the documents you submitted? what is your status, Are you British?

RODNEY987
Newly Registered

Post by RODNEY987 » Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:16 pm

yes i am british but my wife is indian.

I've submitted the following:

6 months banks statements;
p60;
work letter to prove i have been working there;
mortage letter;
sponsership declaration + application;
job letter for my wife';
marriage certificates & invitations etc.

also as there was only around £1500 in my bank accounts at the time i have provided proof that my parents will help support me if needed. will this help? Also, a letter to prove theres a job waiting for my wife.

I own the property so surely that should help should'nt it?

VillaLion
Newly Registered

Post by VillaLion » Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:15 pm

Can't help you too much, but I can say that the VFS tracking website is only ever updated twice - once when they receive the application, and then once the application has been finished... ie collect passport, or failed visa. There are no updates in between.

I recieved a phone call from VFS who then advised what the next stage was so be sure to always be by your phone or have your mobile with you. It may be worth giving them a call to ensure they have your details correctly.
I also sent them a couple of e-mails asking for an update to the application, which were replied with the standard it will take 3 months to process answer, but who knows, it may have pushed the application through a bit faster. You can find the relevant e-mail addresses on the VFS website.

I'm still waiting to pick my passport up from Kolkata, which should be next week, so the total time of my application will be about 14 days which according to others is a pretty fast submission as it usually takes just over a month.

Good luck

ILJSR
Newly Registered

Post by ILJSR » Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:00 pm

My husband applied for his visa at a VFS application centre in India at the beginning of March and overall the whole application process/time for him to get his visa took 4 weeks. His application status was regularly updated on the tracking website too.

m000n

Post by m000n » Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:00 pm

Its take not too long from pakistan .i have no idea how long in india.in pakistan normly the case dealt in 10 days just few cases which nead more explination or any kind of prob in file

Good luck

RODNEY987
Newly Registered

Post by RODNEY987 » Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:48 am

The problem is my wife's now pregnant. I filled in the application form to the best of my knoweledge - at the time she was not. Now that she is:

should i tell them? - prehaps they will process the application quicker?

but then again I hav'nt shown enough funds in my account to prove i can support both. Although, my parents can support us as already proved in the documentation that we sent. If i don't say - and they grant the visa (say after an interview) will they refuse aftrer the medical?

I want to be honest though as it can only help the application by being honest. what should i do?

vs004
Newly Registered

Post by vs004 » Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:02 am

My friend's application was lodged 20 feb in chennai.She is still waiting.Apparently its in the que and hasnt been processed yet,so the delay is not because of insufficient documents but overload at the BHC.The average time to process is 4 weeks but they have time till 12 weeks to process it. as Villa said,vfs only updates when it recieves something from bhc

ums87
Newly Registered

Re: time on uk settlement application in mumbai

Post by ums87 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:25 pm

can anyone please reply from where do we track visa status