ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT! Bank statement date

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

JohnOhn

URGENT! Bank statement date

Post by JohnOhn » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:26 am

I am applying next week for T1E to ILR and I'm worried my business bank statement date is going to mess up my application.

For proof of a UK business you need to show 3 things:

• Companies House report showing address, etc
• HMRC evidence showing proof of taxation
• business bank statement

My most recent biz bank statement date range is 1–31 January. But if I send the application to the HO on 26 or 27 Feb, will this statement be valid if they don't receive the package until the 28th or 1 March (being sent by courier)?

Does it matter which biz bank statement you send in? I mean, does it matter what the date on it is? Or if they receive my statement ending 31 Jan in the application package on March 1st will that be okay?

I'm asking because I usually won't have my next biz bank statement until the 5th of March at which time my visa will have expired.

I'm also wondering about my most recent bank statements for proof of finances. The SETO form states they "should cover at least the last three months." My most recent personal bank statement date ended on 28 Jan. I won't have the next one until around 4 March. If my application package doesn't reach the HO until 1 March am I screwed?

PLEASE HELP

Member of Standing

Re: URGENT! Bank statement date

Post by 10020132 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:38 am

THE bank statement that you are showing for proof of business can be within last 3 months
The 30 day rule applies to only for maintenance fund and for set O you do not need maintenance fund

JohnOhn

Post by JohnOhn » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:55 am

10020132 wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:38 am
THE bank statement that you are showing for proof of business can be within last 3 months
The 30 day rule applies to only for maintenance fund and for set O you do not need maintenance fund
Is that correct? I can't find anything in the Immigration Rules about that.

Member of Standing

Post by 10020132 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:08 am

If you go to page 39/40 of tier 1 ent guidance

You will read:

“The requirements above must have been met:

(ii) within the three months before the date of application”

I hope this clarifies your confusion. Otherwise you can wait for someone else to guide you better

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:52 am

So you changed your mind and decided to stay ?

You should be ok with that. There is no specified date requirement for the Business Bank statement.

PS: it is a lot better if you don't keep starting a new thread for each question.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

Member of Standing

Post by 10020132 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:01 pm

marcnath wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:52 am
There is no specified date requirement for the Business Bank statement
I disagree with that as it says that you need to show that you are engaged in business activity in last three months before your application so you can’t say that it can be any date and there is no specific requirement

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:14 pm

10020132 wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:01 pm
marcnath wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:52 am
There is no specified date requirement for the Business Bank statement
I disagree with that as it says that you need to show that you are engaged in business activity in last three months before your application so you can’t say that it can be any date and there is no specific requirement
You should always look into the details.

Clause 48 (a), which specifies the documents needed to satisfy the requirement in the table reads:
(a) if the applicant is self-employed, they must provide:
(i) evidence of their registration with HM Revenue & Customs to show that their business is based in the UK, and such evidence is dated no earlier than three months before the date of application,
(ii) HM Revenue & Customs evidence that the applicant is making tax returns within the self-assessment tax system, and
(iii) a personal bank statement showing transactions for their business, or a business bank statement, or a letter from a UK- regulated financial institution, on the institution’s headed paper, confirming that the applicant has a business and acts through that bank for the purposes of that business;

The Three months before only applies to the HMRC letter, not to the other two pieces of evidence.

While OPs statement is within three months and it is always a good practice to produce as current a document as possible, HO cannot reject the application on that basis if they are following the rules.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.