ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Shortage Occupation and refused again in Feb

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Unluckynurse
Newly Registered
Mood:
Australia

Shortage Occupation and refused again in Feb

Post by Unluckynurse » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:58 pm

I am a Registered Nurse with a job offer from a licensed sponsor. Wage is 44,000

The employer applied for a CoS on December 17 but did not complete the RLMT correctly so it was rejected. They have now applied again February after completing the RLMT, This has also been rejected, or rather states "Under Review" on the SMS site as at today.

I assume as a shortage occupation I have more than the 46 points needed.

Has the employer made another error do you think, they have gone strangely silent on the matter, just stating they have engaged an immigration lawyer.

Any ideas?? Getting desperate as we have finished up at work expecting to be there by now.

Thanks

UKLL
Member of Standing
Malaysia

Re: Shortage Occupation and refused again in Feb

Post by UKLL » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:56 pm

Unluckynurse wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:58 pm
I am a Registered Nurse with a job offer from a licensed sponsor. Wage is 44,000

The employer applied for a CoS on December 17 but did not complete the RLMT correctly so it was rejected. They have now applied again February after completing the RLMT, This has also been rejected, or rather states "Under Review" on the SMS site as at today.

I assume as a shortage occupation I have more than the 46 points needed.

Has the employer made another error do you think, they have gone strangely silent on the matter, just stating they have engaged an immigration lawyer.

Any ideas?? Getting desperate as we have finished up at work expecting to be there by now.

Thanks
Maybe the points have gone up?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:52 am

If you are on a shortage occupation SOC, then my understanding is that RLMT is not required.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

UKLL
Member of Standing
Malaysia

Post by UKLL » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:02 am

CR001 wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:52 am
If you are on a shortage occupation SOC, then my understanding is that RLMT is not required.
Nurse is on the shortage occupation SOC but nurse requires RLMT, doesn't it

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:04 am

UKLL wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:02 am
CR001 wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:52 am
Nurse is on the shortage occupation SOC but nurse requires RLMT, doesn't it
I thought all shortage occupation SOCs were RLMT exempt.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:15 pm

Unfortunately,
Sponsor a Tier 2 or 5 worker: guidance for employers wrote:28.5 You do not have to carry out a resident labour market test before assigning a Tier 2 (General) certificate of sponsorship (CoS) to fill a job in a shortage occupation in Appendix K of the Immigration Rules. The exception is if the job is in the occupation code ‘2231 Nurses’, where you must carry out a resident labour market test. You can only assign a CoS for a job on the shortage occupation list if the migrant will work for a minimum of 30 hours per week. Please note that if you are assigning an unrestricted CoS for a nurse, you should select the “Have you met the resident labour market test?” option, and give details in the box below. If you select the shortage occupation option, you will be unable to complete this box, which may lead to the nurse’s application being delayed or refused.”
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:23 pm

vinny wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:15 pm
Unfortunately,
Sponsor a Tier 2 or 5 worker: guidance for employers wrote:28.5 You do not have to carry out a resident labour market test before assigning a Tier 2 (General) certificate of sponsorship (CoS) to fill a job in a shortage occupation in Appendix K of the Immigration Rules. The exception is if the job is in the occupation code ‘2231 Nurses’, where you must carry out a resident labour market test. You can only assign a CoS for a job on the shortage occupation list if the migrant will work for a minimum of 30 hours per week. Please note that if you are assigning an unrestricted CoS for a nurse, you should select the “Have you met the resident labour market test?” option, and give details in the box below. If you select the shortage occupation option, you will be unable to complete this box, which may lead to the nurse’s application being delayed or refused.”
Thanks. Sad to see given they are really needed.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Unluckynurse
Newly Registered
Mood:
Australia

Post by Unluckynurse » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:20 am

Thanks everyone, Ive now found out why I was rejected again. 2 small errors in the RLMT. No expiry date listed on the job advertisement, and I was offered a wage review and increase after my 6 month probation period which was over the wages on the job ad.

Seems a bit like nitpicking to me, but the rules are the rules I guess.

Its a shame though as you said because there is such a shortage of nurses in the UK. Hopefully I'll make the April cut as they now need to advertise for the next 28 days again before we can reapply, I've missed the March allocation.

Good luck to everyone else!

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:59 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.